QUITO COOKING CLASS
PRIVATE DAY TOURS FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers different private day tours within and around Quito. You can choose between half day and full day tours and you always have an English speaking driver / guide with you. Via this link you find all the different private day tours from Quito. This tour is only half a day and you will have to get to the restaurant yourself.
QUITO COOKING CLASS (27COOKQTO)
Would you like to get to know the Ecuadorian cuisine while visiting? This half day tour takes you to the local food market in the historical centre and to a very cosy restaurant close to the Basilica where you will prepare your traditional Ecuadorian dishes. The Ecuadorian chef goes to the market with you and explains you about the endemic fruits and vegetables. Please note the market is only open until 15.00 from Monday – Saturday so if you choose to do the cooking class at night you won’t go to the market. From the market you can walk back to the restaurant (about 5 blocks) and in the Spanish-style courtyard of the colonial house you will start your class.
Before the cooking class begins, you will be given a chef’s hat, an apron and a mini recipe book with 3 dishes you will be cooking. These recipes that you will cook are traditional Ecuadorian dishes: Locro Quiteño, Encocado and a Chocolate soup. These three recipes were chosen because the ingredients used can be found all over the world. Therefore, you will be able to cook it once again in your own country for your family and friends. During the cooking class you will become the chef. You will peel, cut, season and mix during the class. The chef will be there guiding you, and as the cooking class develops, he will give further explanations, more details about the history of each dish and its origin of what you are preparing.
Once you are done with cooking you will have the pleasure of tasting your self-made dishes in a unique place: the ‘patio’ of a colonial house. The cooking class will end with a round of applause for all the participants. The cooking class starts usually at 11.30 but since it is a private tour you can send us an email when you would like to change the time. You can also integrate this tour in a Quito city tour.
Note: All times are approximate, except for the starting time.
|11:15||Welcome drink at Altamira restaurant.|
|11:30||Start class and visit local market.|
|12:15||End of market visit. Walk back to Altamira restaurant.|
|12:30||Start cooking class; chef’s hat, apron and mini recipe book will be given to you.|
|14:00||Lunch. This is the time to taste your self made lunch.|
|14:30||End cooking class.|
- Professional chef (Spanish speaking with basic English)
- Visit to the market
- Materials needed for the cooking class
- Guided lunch with soft drinks or juice
- Transportation to and from the restaurant
- Optional tips for the guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 45 p.p. based on 6 or more guests
$ 58 p.p. based on 3-5 guests
$ 74 p.p. based on 2 guests
* Only available during Monday – Friday, during the weekend only on request.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances. – Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/