QUITO CITY TOUR & PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS
PRIVATE DAY TOURS FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers different private day tours within and around Quito. You can choose between half day and full day tours and you always have an English speaking driver / guide with you. Via this link you find all the different private day tours from Quito.
QUITO CITY TOUR & PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS (15QTPAP-DTP)
This one day cultural and relaxing Papallacta hot springs and Quito city tour takes you to the highlights of the historical centre of Quito, the capital of Ecuador and to the beautiful Papallacta hot springs. Usually these are two day tours but we combined the Quito city tour and Papallacta hot springs so for the traveler without much time it is the perfect combination.
Quito is listed in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage archive. It’s founded in the 16th century on the ruins of an Inca civilization (Tahuantinsuyo) and stands at an altitude of 2,800 m. Quito has one of the most well preserved and beautiful Colonial architecture in Latin America, its churches, squares and museums tell fascinating stories about the Ecuadorian lifestyle in the 15 hundreds.
Papallacta is a small Ecuadorian highlands village located at the Andes mountain range (east side) and about 1.5 hours away from Quito. This town has an altitude of 3300 m. This road also leads into the Amazon jungle. Papallacta is known for its famous hot springs. These thermal volcanic springs feed Papallacta’s many tourist complex arising from deep geological layers through fissures up to the surface with a lot of healthy ingredients. The source temperature of the thermal baths varies between 30°C and 70°C (86°F and 158°F). The thermal waters of Papallacta contain sulfate, sodium, calcium, chloride and traces of magnesium which are odourless, color-less but have a slightly salty taste.
|08:00||Pick-up at hotel in Quito|
|08:30||Visit to “Panecillo hill”, “La Ronda street”, “Plaza Grande” and “Basílica church”|
|12:00||Lunch at local restaurante by the Cathedral church|
|13:30||Departure to Papallacta town|
|15:00||Papallacta hot springs baths|
|17:15||Hot chocolate tasting in Papallacta town|
|19:30||Arrival to Quito and drop off at hotel|
- Professional driver/guide (English speaking)
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (hot springs, Panecillo Basilica church or Compañía church)
- Locker at Papallacta hot springs
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Extra drinks and food
- Optional tips for guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 75 p.p. based on 6 or more guests
$ 95 p.p. based on 3 – 5 guests
$ 135 p.p. based on 2 guests minimum
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sun block, sunglasses, bathing suit and a towel.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/