QUILOTOA – SHARED TOUR
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quito.
QUILOTOA – SHARED TOUR (18QLT-DTS)
Every Thursday and Sunday we offer a shared tour to Quilotoa.
This is the itinerary and it does not include a hotel pick up and drop off, the tour starts at Plaza Foch or at a common location in the Old Town. Highlights of the tour are the beautiful Quilotoa crater lagoon where you can hike down and go kayaking in the lake. Later you can hike up or let a mule carry you up. You will also visit a local market and a local family. This day tour is quite far from the regular Quito city life. You will see a lot of local indigenous people and explore the real Andean Ecuador.
In the video you can get an impression of our Quilotoa tour:
Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
|06:50/07:10||Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 (so please be there at 06:50) or from The Old Town location at 07:20 (so please be there at 07:10) for transport to Quilotoa.|
|09:30||Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday) and visit a native family.|
|13:00||Begin descent to the Quilotoa lake.|
|14:00||Explore the Laguna shore.|
|14:30||Begin ascent to the Laguna viewpoint (Optional mules rent $10.-).|
|16:30||Arrive to Tigua community|
|19:00||Return to shared meeting points in Quito|
- Professional driver/ guide.
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish.
- Optional mule rent ($10).
- 30 min kayak trip in the lagoon ($5).
- Additional food and drinks.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal health & travel insurance.
- Optional tips for the guide.
This day tour from Quito is a Shared Group Tour.This means you are with other guests during the tour and there is no hotel pick up. There are two meeting points where you can embark the bus, either in La Mariscal or in the Historical Centre. The shared Quilotoa tour departs every Thursday and Sunday. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 50 p.p. in a shared departure.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses and passport.
- Please take into consideration that lunch will be served at around 03:30 PM, so it is recommended to bring some extra food.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/