QUILOTOA – PRIVATE TOUR
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quit.
Below an impression of the Quilotoa tour:
QUILOTOA – PRIVATE TOUR (15QLT-DTP)
Every day we offer a private tour to Quilotoa. You can combine this with an optional stay at one of the local communities, or you can just go back to Quito in the afternoon.
This one-day cultural tour will take you to one of the most beautiful lagoons in Ecuador and South America, the amazing Laguna Quilotoa, together with its surrounding villages. The first stop on this tour is at the breathtaking Cañón del Río Toachi. This is a very photogenic canyon, on your route to Quilotoa. On day trips that we operate on Thursdays, you will start your day with a visit to the famous local market of Saquisilí. On Sundays you will visit a local market in Pujili and on other days, when there are no markets the guide will try to find other spots with locals. Your guide will ask you in the morning if you would like to go to the indigenous family. Continuing your trip, you will pass through the indigenous villages of the area, which provide a fantastic chance to see the TRUE ECUADOR. When you have arrived at the spectacular Laguna Quilotoa, you will hike down to the Laguna and back up again, in a stunning two-hour hike tour. It is possible to hire mules for part of the trek. This trip is a wonderful opportunity to see the beauty of Ecuador in all of its forms, because of the special attention that will be paid to the culture and rural life of indigenous Andean people.
Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
|07:00||Hotel pick up in Quito and start driving South into the Volcano Avenue|
|09:30||Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday) and visit a native family|
|13:00||Begin descent to the Quilotoa lake|
|14:00||Explore the Laguna shore|
|14:30||Begin ascent to the Laguna viewpoint (optional mules rent $10)|
|16:30||Arrive to the Tigua community|
|19:00||Approximate return to Quito|
- Professional driver/ guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Optional mules rent ($10)
- 30 min. kayak trip in the lagoon ($5)
- Extra food and drinks
- Tips for guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 65 p.p. with 6 or more guests
$ 80 p.p. with 3 – 5 guests
$ 110 p.p. with 2 guests
* For pick-ups and drop-offs at or around Quito airport there will be an additional fee of $ 10 p.p. If you are traveling by yourself there is an extra fee of $ 20 per pick up or drop off. Please click here if you want to know more about the service and prices.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sun block, sunglasses and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/