PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quito. You can choose between half day and full day tours and you always have an English speaking driver/ guide with you.
PAPALLACTA HOT SPRINGS DAY TOUR (15PAP-DTP)
Enjoy a relaxed day in the Andes. You will start your journey driving to the north of Quito, through beautiful mountains (over 4.000 m). After one hour you will arrive at the village of Papallacta, where you will stop for a hot chocolate and a snack. Then you will make a hike (of 1,5 hour) into the Paramo landscapes, where you may spot Andean bears and birds. Afterwards, you can relax in the hot volcanic pools of Papallacta. The open air thermal pools have various benefits. Due to its minerals, these waters will help you to gently exfoliate your skin and relax your body. Enjoy additional services such as facials, massages and aromatherapy (with extra cost). The entrance fee to the public pools are included. If you prefer to go to the spa pools (less people and a bit more exclusive with towel included). The extra for an upgrade to the Spa pools is 15 USD per person. You can pay this to your guide if you would like to do this upgrade. After the pools, you will have lunch at a local restaurant and you will return back to Quito. When you are back in Quito and it’s before 18.00 you can decide to visit the local handicrafts market in La Mariscal.
Note: All hours are approximate
|08:00||Pick-up at hotel in Quito and start driving to Papallacta.|
|09:30||Hot chocolate in Papallacta|
|11:00||Hike in around the Papallacta river.|
|12:30||Enjoy the open air Thermal baths of Papallacta.|
|15:00||Lunch at a local restaurant|
|17:00||Optional visit local handicrafts market “Mercado Artesanal” in Quito|
|18:00||Back at hotel in Quito|
- Professional English speaking driver/guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (Hot springs, Paramo path)
- Locker at Papallacta hot springs
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Extra drinks and food
- Optional tips for the guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 60 p.p. based on 6 or more guests
$ 80 p.p. based on 3 to 5 guests
$ 105 p.p. based on 2 guests
$ 190 p.p. based on 1 guest
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Please send a message to check prices and availability.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/