OTAVALO – SHARED DAY TOUR
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quito.
OTAVALO – SHARED DAY TOUR (18OTA-DTS)
Enjoy a cultural day, 1,5 hours north of Quito. This area is special because there are still a lot of Indigenous people (Kichwa) living here. The landscapes are also really beautiful, something that you can already enjoy on the road to Otavalo. This handicraft capital of Ecuador is a beautiful and vigorous city. It is home to a large indigenous population located in the Imbabura Province. With approximately 92,000 inhabitants and surrounded by the Imbabura, Cotacachi and Mojanda volcanoes it is a gorgeous and enchanted town. You can embark upon a complete tour with us.
We offer a shared tour to Otavalo every Tuesday and Saturday.
Watch our short clip to have an impression of the tour.
Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
|06:50/07:10||Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 (so please be there at 06:50) or from The Old Town location at 07:20 (so please be there at 07:10) for transport to Otavalo.|
|08:30||Quitsato Mitad del Mundo (entrance $ 2)|
|09:30||Visit to the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory (Own expenses).|
|10:00||Beautiful view point of Otavalo city and visit to a small hats factory.|
|11:00||Exploring Otavalo Market|
|14:00||Cuicocha crater lake|
|15:30||Lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town|
|19:00||Return to Quito’s meeting point|
- Professional driver/ guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- All expenses for activities
- Extra food and drinks
- Optional tips for the guide
This day tour from Quito is a Shared Group Tour. This means you are with other guests during the tour and there is no hotel pick up. There are two meeting points where you can embark the bus, either in La Mariscal or in the Historical Centre. Shared Cotopaxi tours depart every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 50 p.p. (only departure on Tuesdays & Saturdays)
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing, (a rain jacket just in case) water, sun block, sunglasses and passport.
- It is important that you will have a current travel insurance, including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unpredictable circumstances.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/