6 DAY MULTISPORT ECUADOR
A trip through mainland Ecuador Highlights is pretty impressive. The country has four drastically different regions, the Andes mountains, the Amazon jungle and the Pacific coast and of course the Galapagos Islands. Each region has its own unique fauna and flora, climate and culture. The highlights of Ecuador trips let you visit two or more regions and take you to their most beautiful places.
Watch this video to get an idea:
6 DAY MULTISPORT (21AAMS6)
Starting with a drive south to the Volcano Avenue, you will arrive at the Cotopaxi National Park where you will begin your multisport journey by hiking around the Limpiopungo lagoon with the best view of the Cotopaxi Volcano. A driver will take you towards the Llanganates National Park until you reach Baños. There you can do several multisport activities such as mountain biking, hiking or, for example, Swinging at the End of the World. In the amazon you will visit iconic waterfalls and enjoy wildlife sighting. Enjoy rafting through the waters of the Jatunyacu River and visit the famous hot springs on your way back to the Andes area. In Otavalo you will visit the Indigenous Market and spend time shopping and learning about the culture. You’ll visit the Cuicocha Crater Lake, where an amazing hike will wait for you on a trek around this volcano. Last but not least you will take a boat to the middle of the lake to observe the current activity of the volcano.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (B, L):
In the morning, you’ll drive from Quito to the Cotopaxi National Park and then, hike around the lagoon of Limpiopungo which has the most amazing view of the Cotopaxi. Furthermore, depending on the weather conditions you may try to trek the basecamp at 16000 ft (486.8 mt). After lunch, you will drive to Llanganates National Park, which is also known as the sacred mountain, until you’ll reach Baños, located at the entrance of the Amazon. There, you can enjoy the best nightlife by drinking cocktails and dancing salsa.
Accommodation in La Floresta Hotel.
DAY 2 (B):
BIKING AT THE LLANGANATES NATIONAL PARK
The first activity of the day will be mountain biking and enjoying the beautiful scenery of the cloud forest. While descending into the jungle, you will have a breathtaking view of Baños, that is very well known for its spectacular location right on the foothills of the Tungurahua volcano. In the afternoon, you will have some time to explore the town by yourself and also visit the “Swing at the End of the World”.
Accommodation in La Floresta Hotel.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
ROAD OF THE WATERFALLS AND CANYONING IN THE AMAZON
Today you will hit the road of the waterfalls. The first stop will be at the Bride’s Veil waterfall, where you will take the “Tarabita” (cable car) to get across the Pastaza River. Then, it is time to hike down to the “Pailon del Diablo” waterfall, the second highest in whole Ecuador. After that, you will hike through the tropical jungle, where you will climb along several white-water waterfalls. Your local native guide will tell you more about the incredible nature and wildlife you can admire there.
Accommodation in Amazon Homestay.
DAY 4 (B, L):
JATUNYACU RIVER RAFTING AND VOLCANIC HOT SPRINGS
Your fourth day will begin with paddling on the “Jatunyacu” River. After a safety briefing from your rafting guides, you will start your class III rafting expedition down the Jatunyacu River, well known for its clean water and awesome rapids. You conclude the day with a drive back up to the Andes, stopping by the “Guango” Reserve to visit the paradise of hummingbirds. Finally, you’ll go to the volcanic hot springs resort of Papallacta, where you will spend the night.
Accommodation in Papallacta Hot Springs.
DAY 5 (D):
HIKING THE CLOUD FORREST, HUMMING BIRDS PARADISE & OTAVALO MARKET
After a 2-hour bird-watching tour through the cloud forest, you will visit Otavalo and its amazing indigenous handicraft market, where you will encounter with the local people and learn the traditional way of living while sharing the daily activities with the families. In the evening, you will be transferred to the hacienda, enjoy a welcoming cocktail and have a delicious and authentic dinner.
Accommodation in Pinsaqui Hacienda.
DAY 6 (B, L):
TREKKING THE LOOP OF CUICOCHA CRATER LAKE & BACK TO QUITO
Today, your challenge will be a 5-hour hike around the Cuicocha crater lake with breathtaking views of the active volcano and the amazing valleys, located in Cotacachi-Cayapas ecological reserve. On this trek, you will reach an altitude of 11880ft (3621 mt.) and hike 9 miles around the crater. After that, you will take a boat to the center of the caldera to see the volcano activity and watching bubbles coming up. In the afternoon, you’ll drive back to Quito.
- Accommodation based on double occupancy: 4-star hotel in Baños, homestay in the jungle, 5-star Spa Resort in Papallacta, Colonial Hacienda in Imbabura
- Trip Leader: Certified English-speaking adventure trip leader and local guides.
- Private and comfortable land transportation.
- Meals as described in the itinerary(B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- Gear: trekking sticks, high-quality MTB (disc brakes, front suspension), helmets, full finger gloves, rubber boots, ropes, harnesses, 7-people-rafts, life jackets, paddles, splash jackets,
- Travel and health insurance (mandatory)
- International flights
- Airport Transfers
- Meals, Snacks & Drinks not described in the itinerary.
- Optional tips for guide, drivers and hotels
This is a fixed group tour. You can choose one of the open departures and a private tour with the same guide during your whole tour if you are going on another date. Please read more about the different travel styles via this link.
OPEN DEPARTURES FOR FIXED GROUP TOURS 2018
July 2, 15, 22 & 26
September 9, 12 & 23
November 18 & 25
December 1 & 23
$ 1.253 p.p. 6 or more guests
$ 1.267 p.p. 3 -5 guests
$ 1.302 p.p. 2 guests minimum
* These prices are based on a private departure with your own travel party and your own guide. You can start this tour every day.
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take
the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands
before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Some activities in the Amazon depend on national park regulations and weather conditions, such as caiman searching.
- Please bring your own rain poncho. In the Amazon, the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get wet.
- Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect your Camera and important documents from the rain in the Amazon. Also, a headlight, since it can get very dark during the night.
- If you like to enjoy looking at Animals in the Amazon, please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.