HACIENDA LA DANESA
About 1 hour en 30 minutes from Guayaquil you find Hacienda La Danesa. An incredible working form with cows, cacao, bananas, and much more. The food that they prepare is incredibly delicious. Everything they make themselves from local organic products. A day at Hacienda La Danesa is great if you would like to escape the hustle and bustle of Guayaquil. Activities that you can do are biking, tubing, cow milking, walking or horseback riding (extra charge). There are also two rooms available where you can stay the night.
The day starts with a welcome word from the owner (Niels Olsen). He will introduce the program for the day and tell the guests about the history of the historic hacienda. Visitors will be welcomed with a unique cold infused water bar and a chilled award winning chardonnay. After that guests will visit the cacao plantation where they will learn about the Ecuadorian cacao and have the chance to taste raw cacao at different ripening stages and a hands-on experience of making artisan chocolate. It’s a 10 minute walk through a picturesque Teak avenue. Back at the hacienda lunch starts but with an award winning chocolate tasting first.
Lunch at La Danesa is a unique gastronomic experience inspired in a Farm-to-Table ethos. It grows and produces most of the ingredients at the farm, while buying the rest from the neighbouring communities. The chef will offer visitors a three course tasting menu paired with the best Ecuadorean wine. Vegan/vegetarian option may be available upon request. La Danesa provides jazz background music.
– Sweet plantain with farm cheese and Sal Prieta
– Beef sirloin with pineapple risotto and organic garden salad.
– Sea bass with crusted chifles and ripe plantain puree with organic garden salad
– Quinoa salad with avocado, corn, lettuce, black beans and micro greens.
– Passion fruit cheesecake
After lunch it is tea and coffee time. At La Danesa produces around 1,200 liters of milk every day and had won for 20 years in a row the best dairy cattle in Ecuador. One of the cows will come to the garden and share some of her milk. If you want a Café au Lait you will have to take the espresso straight to the cow’s utter. On the other hand if you would like tea, we will have the organic garden ready for visitors to harvest their tea.
In the afternoon it is time for some adventure! There are three rivers inside the property that offer the perfect place for fun and relaxing water activities. Guests can float down on tubes with a local guide and embrace the beauty of the surrounding peaceful environment watching fish, birds, iguanas and if you are lucky enough maybe even deer, snakes and sloths.
HACIENDA LA DANESA PROGRAM (41HADA-DTP)
|9:30||Pick-up at hotel in Guayaquil|
|11:00||Arrival at La Danesa and warm welcome with a drink|
|11:30||Cacao Plantation Tour|
|12:30||Chocolate tasting and three course lunch|
|14:00||Coffee & tea with fresh milk|
|16:00||Back to Guayaquil|
- Professional English speaking driver/ guide
- Private transportation from and to your hotel in Guayaquil
- Cacaco plantation tour
- Handmade chocolate tasting
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Personal expenses
- Extra food and drinks
- Optional tips for the guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 173 p.p. with 4 or more guests
$ 244 p.p. with 2 or more guests
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing (a jacket just in case), water, sun block, sunglasses and mosquito repellent.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to unpredictable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/