5 DAYS GALAPAGOS MULTISPORT
Situated in the Pacific Ocean, about 1.000 km away from the South American continent, these 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galápagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. Ongoing seismic and volcanic activity reflect the processes that formed the islands. These processes, together with the extreme isolation of the islands, led to the development of unusual animal life such as the land iguana, the giant tortoise and the many types of finch. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Explore the Galapagos Islands in combination with sport activities, Go biking, kayaking and hike your way through the beautiful Galapagos Islands.
DAY 1 (L,D)
BALTRA ISLAND – SANTA CRUZ – FLAMINGO LAKE
You fly from Quito or Guayaquil to Baltra Island. At the airport in Baltra, you will meet our guide who takes you to Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island) for lunch. Then you will take the public speedboat to Isabela, which lasts about two hours. Please note that public speedboat rides can be a bit bumpy. Upon arrival in Isabela you will be heading to the Flamingo Lake. This place is the largest lagoon in the Galapagos and is one of the main breeding places for most of the flamingos. Overnight in La Laguna or San Vicente.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B,L,D)
SIERRA NEGRA VOLCANO – CHICO VOLCANO – CONCHA PEARL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you will have an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. This volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and is the second largest volcanic crater from the world, measuring 6 miles in diameter and 300 feet deep, for this view you will go by bus or other transportation for about 45 minutes to the site control of the Galapagos National Park to register your visit, here you trek to the Sierra Negra volcano and then to the Volcano Chico, were you will get lunch. At this place you can feel the warm earth as evidence that the volcano is active, in the afternoon you will return to the hotel. After a short break you can go snorkeling or swimming in Concha Perla where you can see colorful fish, sea urchins, starfish and other marine animals. Overnight in La Laguna or San Vicente.
DAY 3 (B,L,D)
BREEDING CENTER – WALL OF TEARS – FLAMINGO LAGOON – ISLET TINTORERAS
After breakfast you will visit the breeding center of giant tortoises (biking) then you will visit the famous Wall of Tears; from 1946 to 1959 Isabela was designated a penal colony by the Ecuadorian government. The prisoners were forced to build this wall with huge lava rocks. Additionally you visit a small lava tunnel and another Flamingos lagoon, then return to the hotel for lunch. In the afternoon you will sail to the “Islet Tintoreras” It is called this way because in this place there are sharks with white fins, known as Tintoreras. You can also observe penguins, sea lions, marine iguanas and you can go snorkeling with sharks and a variety of multicolored fish.
DAY 4 (B,L,D)
PUERTO VILLAMIL – CAVE SUCRE – VIEWPOINT – HARD CAMPO
After breakfast at the hotel, you are going with the guide to the bay of Puerto Villamil. Here you will visit the coastal zone (kayaking) and you will have the opportunity to observe and photograph colonies, Marine Iguanas, Sea Lions and Penguins Isabela, much closer; besides enjoying the beautiful seascape and a great sport as is the kayaking. Then you return to the hotel for lunch after a short break. In the afternoon, you will visit the top of the island to visit “Cave Sucre” (biking), the viewpoint Mango, and Hard Campo, where you can see and approach the giant tortoises in their natural habitat. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 5 (B)
SANTA CRUZ – TWINS – BALTRA
Early in the morning you leave the hotel and start your trip to Baltra Island. The boat from Isabela to Santa Cruz leaves at 6 AM. In Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz) you take transportation to Baltra and there you have to cross the canal. The program ends with the drop off at Baltra airport, please note that your flight cannot depart earlier then 13.00 due to the long travel from Isabela.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at standard tourist class hotels
All meals included: 4x Breakfast, 4x Lunch (lunch box on outdoors activities) and 4x Dinner.
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
5 days / 4 nights – $ 1.027 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 days / 4 nights – $ 1.181 single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
5 days / 4 nights – $ 1.130 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 days / 4 nights – $ 1.260 single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.