3 DAY ISLAND HOPPING CLASSIC – 2 ISLANDS
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – CLASSIC TOURS
The Galapagos Islands Archipel is a very special place in the world, read more about the islands through this link. The Classic Galapagos Island Hopping Tours are classics: a combination of interesting day tours and time to explore the islands by yourself, with delicious meals and great service, for a reasonable price. You’ll see the highlights of the Galapagos Islands with a combination of organized day tours with an English speaking guide and time to explore by yourself with our self-guided packages (a document full of information, walking routes and tips). You’ll stay in standard tourist or tourist superior class hotels with a private room and bathroom. All tours include various meals, transportation on and between the islands and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary.
GALAPAGOS 3 DAY CLASSIC 2 ISLANDS HOPPING (59GPH3CL)
This Galapagos 3 days – 2 islands hopping tour is the perfect program if you would like to experience the highlights of the Galapagos Islands when you don’t have a lot of time. If you have more time it’s highly recommendable to stay longer to really experience the flora and fauna on Galapagos. With the 3-day tour you will start at the island Santa Cruz, which is one of the main islands of the Galapagos. This island is actually a large dormant volcano, since the last eruptions occurred around 1,5 million years ago. On Santa Cruz you will visit Tortuga Bay or Charles Darwin Station. Furthermore, you will visit Santa Fe island, one of the oldest islands of the archipelago. On the last day you go to Rancho Primicias or the Twin Crates, depending on your departure time. Rancho Primicias is located on the top of the island Santa Cruz. Here you will visit the famous Lava Tunnels. If you have an early departure time you will stop by the Twin Craters on your way to the airport. These are not real craters, but these formations were created by the collapse of surface due to the lava flow hundreds of years ago. During the trip you stay in a comfortable tourist superior class hotel in Puerto Ayora and all meals are included during your stay.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
SANTA CRUZ – DARWIN RESEARCH STATION/TORTUGA BAY
Your tour will start at Baltra airport (GPS) where the guide will pick you up at the arrivals area of the airport and will take you to Puerto Ayora to have lunch. After lunch and check in at the hotel there are two options: you can go to The Charles Darwin Research Station or Tortuga Bay. At Charles Darwin, you will have a close encounter with the famous Galapagos tortoises and also you will learn all about the Islands and the Darwin Theory of Evolution of the Species. Tortuga Bay is a beautiful white sand beach, named this way because it is a nesting site for the Black Turtles.The landscape is filled with amazing white dunes, friendly iguanas, green mangroves and beautiful trees (Nolana Galapagensis).
Accommodation in Hotel Fernandina or Dejavu Hotel.
*Please let us know if you choose Charles Darwin Station or Tortuga Bay upon booking.
** It is highly recommended to book flights that arrive early in the morning.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
SANTA FE BASICO
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in an interesting panga ride and will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boat gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. Also, you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies and marine iguanas. After lunch you will return to Santa Cruz Island to rest and relax in the hotel. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
Accommodation in Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 3 (B):
THE TWINS/RANCHO PRIMICIAS – TRANSFER OUT
If you have a flight in the afternoon (leaving at 02:00 PM or later from Baltra airport) you will visit Ranch Primicias in the morning. This includes a visit to the famous Lava tunnels. Rancho Primicias is located on the top of the island Santa Cruz. It provides important attractions due to the climate and vegetation. This is a humid tropical forest and offers varied landscape. Its major tourist attraction are the tortoises that migrate from the park to this property at certain times of the year. They go in search of shade, water or suitable places for incubating their eggs. If you have a flight leaving before 02:00 PM you will visit the Twin Craters on the way to the airport. “Los Gemelos”, or the Twin Craters, are located opposite to each other. The name is only figurative; they are not real craters, since these formations were created by the collapse of surface due to the lava flow hundreds of years ago. The tour will end upon arrival to the airport.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Accommodation in double/single private room at tourist superior class hotels.
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. (cash only).
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card: $ 20 p.p. (cash only).
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back).
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November): $ 5 p.p. per day (cash only).
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Optional tips for the guide.
All the Classic Galapagos Island Hopping tours are shared group tours. The shared group tours are a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. Every group day tour will have different travelers. You can have a different driver/guide every day. There are different tour coordinators on every island. You can start this tour every day of the year. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 660 p.p. based on 2 or more guests
$ 720 p.p. based on 1 guest
* Single travelers have a private room with a private bathroom.
* For children under the age of 12, there is a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
If you depart in 2018 or 2019 use the code SPRINGSALE3DGPS in your booking and get a 10% discount on your Galapagos Island Hopping program!
How to obtain this discount?
1. Click on the “book now” button on the tour page
2. Fill out your departure date and number of guests and click on request booking
3. Below creditcard details click on “redeem discount code”
4. Enter SPRINGSALE3DGPS in discount code box
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from Baltra to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities. A departure flight after 02:00 PM is recommended.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- All meals consist of basic, local Ecuadorian food. If you prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, you can get a discount of $ 10 p.p./per day. Please let us know beforehand if you want this option.
- This itinerary is fixed. Please send us an email if you are looking for a customized itinerary.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/