3 DAY CLASSIC GALAPAGOS 2 ISLANDS HOPPING
GALAPAGOS 3 DAY CLASSIC 2 ISLANDS HOPPING
Santa Cruz Island is one of the main islands in the Galapagos, its area is approximately 986 km2 and has a maximum altitude of 800 meters (2,835 ft). It is located at center of the archipelago and is the second largest island after Isabela. Its capital is Puerto Ayora, the most populated urban centre in the islands with 12.000 inhabitants. This island is actually a large dormant volcano. It is estimated that the last eruptions occurred around 1,5 million years ago.
Tortuga Bay is definitely one of the main attractions of Santa Cruz. Turtle Bay is a beautiful white sand beach, named this way because it is a nesting site for the Black Turtles. It can be reached by panga or walking from Puerto Ayora. The estimated time for the walk is 45 minutes. The landscape is filled with amazing white dunes, friendly iguanas, green mangroves and beautiful trees (Nolana Galapagensis). Another very important attraction is the Charles Darwin’s Research Station that is home to turtles ranging from 3-inches (new hatchlings) to 4-feet in length. Sub-species of turtles interact with one another and many of the older turtles are used to humans, stretching out their heads for a picture. The babies are kept until they are about four years old and strong enough to survive on their own. Also you will have an interesting explanation of Darwin’s Theory of Evolution.
This Galapagos 3 days, 2 islands hopping is the perfect program if you would like to experience the highlights of the Galapagos Islands if you don’t have a lot of time. In this tour you will visit highlights as Tortuga Bay, Charles Darwin Station, Santa Fe and Rancho Primicias. You will stay in a comfortable tourist superior class hotel in Puerto Ayora and all meals are included during your stay. The two different Galapagos islands you will visit are Santa Cruz and Santa Fe.
DAY 1 (L,D):
SANTA CRUZ – DARWIN’S RESEARCH STATION OR TORTUGA BAY
Your tour will start at Baltra airport (GPS) where the guide will pick you up at the arrivals area of the airport and will take you to Puerto Ayora to have lunch. After lunch and check in at the hotel you will go to The Charles Darwin’s Research Station OR Tortuga Bay. At Charles Darwin you will have a close encounter with the famous Galapagos tortoises and also you will learn all about the Islands and the Darwin’s Theory of Evolution of the Species. Tortuga Bay is a beautiful beach, with baby powder white sand, magic blue waters and marine iguanas*. Accommodation at Hotel Fernandina or Dejavu Hotel.
*Please let us know if you choose Charles Darwin Station or Tortuga Bay upon booking.
** Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good). But we highly recommend to book flights that arrive early in the morning and that leave late in the afternoon.
DAY 2 (B,L,D):
SANTA FE BASICO
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in an interesting panga ride and will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boats gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. Also you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies and marine iguanas. After lunch you will return to Santa Cruz Island to rest and relax in the hotel. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 3 (B):
THE TWINS/RANCHO PRIMICIAS – TRANSFER OUT
If you have a flight in the afternoon (leaving at 2 PM or later from Baltra airport) you will visit Ranch Primicias in the morning. This includes a visit to the famous Lava tunnels. “Rancho Primicias” is located on the top of the island Santa Cruz. It provides important attractions due to the climate and vegetation. This is a humid tropical forest and offers varied landscape. Its major tourist attraction are the tortoises that migrate from the park to this property at certain times of year. They go in search of shade, water or suitable places for incubating their eggs. If you have a flight leaving before 2 PM you will visit the Twin Craters on the way to the airport. “Los Gemelos”, or the Twin Craters, are located opposite to each other. The name is only figurative; they are not real craters, these formations were created by the collapse of surface due to the lava flow hundreds of years ago. The tour will end upon arrival to the airport.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at a standard tourist class hotels
All meals included. 2x Breakfasts, 2x Lunches (lunch boxes on outdoors activities) and 2x Dinners
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
PRICES 2017 (if the tour is departing in 2017):
3 Days / 2 Nights – $ 540 p.p. based on 2 guests
3 Days / 2 Nights – $ 594 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
PRICES 2018 (if the tour is departing in 2018):
3 Days / 2 Nights – $ 660 p.p. based on 2 guests
3 Days / 2 Nights – $ 720 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
*Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.