FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Do I receive a refund when canceling my trip?
In general, for cancellations of 120+ days before departure date 10% of total invoiced amount will be charged for administrative fees. For cancellations between 60-120 days before departure date, a cancellation fee of 30% of the total amount will be charged, i.e. the initial 30% deposit will not be refunded. For cancellations less then 60 days prior to the departure date, full amount is charged with no refund. The exact cancellation fees depend on the type of tour, for example with flight tickets there is a 100% cancellation fee.

Do I need my own insurance?
Yes you do, you are strongly urged to take a travel and health insurance, as we and our operators can accept absolutely no responsibility for possible accidents or illnesses, which occur during one of our tours. The agency and guide, as companies and individuals, will not be held liable for any accidents or damage incurred during the tour. Clients participate at their own risk.

What if we cannot complete the tour due to National Park regulations, nature disaster, road block or any other external factor?
We as your organizer try or best to give you the best tour as possible but sometimes we are forced to change plans due to external factors. We as a operator are not responsible for any extra costs resulting these changes. You will be always advised upfront if any costs will apply.

What does the price include?
At the tour description you can see what is included in the price. The private tours include private transport from and to your hotel in Quito. With the shared tours you leave from a central meeting point. Food and drinks are sometimes included and sometimes not. Please find all specific tour information on the tour page. In case it is a sale to an Ecuadorian person or Ecuadorian company we are obligated to charge to price on the website + IVA. The IVA (Ecuadorian VAT) is 14% at the moment. So for a tour of 100 USD the price on the invoice will be 114 USD.

How do I pay?
You can pay with Creditcard (+5,5%), Paypal (+6%), in cash at our office or via bank transfer to a Dutch or Ecuadorian account.The client is responsible for all these transfer costs.

When do I pay?
Upon confirmation of the trip we need 30% of the full amount. The rest (70%) should be paid before 60 days prior to departure.

What is the necessary equipment?
The equipment necessary depend on the tours but in it is always good to carry this with you.
Sun block
Waterproof jacket
Sunglasses & hat
Mosquito repellent
Small bottle of water