COTOPAXI HIKING / BIKING – SHARED TOUR
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quito. One of the most favorite places to visit around Quito is the Cotopaxi volcano. This National Park is famous for the wild horses and the active volcano.
COTOPAXI HIKING / BIKING – SHARED TOUR (18CHB-DTS)
Enjoy a day in the real Andes. This hiking tour a the Cotopaxi departs four times in the week. There is an early departure from Quito on two meeting points to the Cotopaxi National Park. The Cotopaxi is the highest most active volcano in the world. When is not cloudy, you have a beautiful view on it. From Quito, it is a two hour ride. You will stop on the way to have local breakfast. At the park entrance, there is a Cotopaxi Interpretation Centre to learn the basics of this great National Park. You will start the hiking part at the tour from the parking lot around 4,500 meters to the mountain refuge at around 4,800 meters. In the refuge you might find the little bar open to serve you a hot chocolate or coffee and from there you will walk back to the parking lot. From there you start the biking part of the tour. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape and when the conditions are good you can bike until the Limpiopungo lake. It’s a stunning experience to see the nature environment change slowly from dry volcanic ashes to green scrublands.
Note: All times are approximate, except for the starting time.
|06:50/07:10||Leave from Plaza Foch in Quito at 07:00 (so please be there at 6:50) or from The Old Town location at 07:20 (so please be there at 7:10) for transport to Cotopaxi.|
|08:00||Breakfast at a local restaurant|
|09:30||Begin hiking ascent to the refuge and descent|
|11:30||Begin biking descent|
|15:00||Lunch at local restaurant|
|16:30||Back in Quito|
- Professional driver/ guide.
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- Meals as described in itinerary (1x breakfast 1x lunch).
- Activities as described in the Itinerary.
- Mountainbike & helmet.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Additional food and drinks.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal health & travel insurance.
- Optional tips for the guide.
This day tour from Quito is a Shared Group Tour. This means you are with other guests during the tour and there is no hotel pick up. There are two meeting points where you can embark the bus, either in La Mariscal or in the Historical Centre. Shared Cotopaxi tours depart every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 55 p.p. in a shared departure.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at 4000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- Please take into consideration that lunch will be served at around 03:00 PM, so it is recommended to bring some extra food.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/