COTOPAXI HIKING AND BIKING – PRIVATE TOUR
DAY TOURS STARTING FROM QUITO
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers great day tours in the Quito area. There are shared and private tours available. Via this link you find all the different day tours starting from Quito.
COTOPAXI HIKING AND BIKING – PRIVATE TOUR (18CHB-DTP)
Enjoy a day in the real Andes. Any day of the week, early in the morning you depart to the Cotopaxi National Park from Quito. The Cotopaxi is the highest active volcano with an iced peak. When there are no clouds, you have a beautiful view on the volcano. From Quito, it is a two hour ride. If you want, you can stop on the way to have breakfast. At the park entrance, there is a Cotopaxi Interpretation Centre to learn the basics of this great national park. You will start the hiking part of the tour at the “Limpiopungo” lagoon. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape. It’s a stunning experience to see the nature change slowly from dried volcanic ashes to a green landscape. Because this is a private tour you can also decide to only bike or hike and maybe for a longer time. Everything can be customized in this private tour. Before driving back to Quito you will stop for delicious local lunch (not included).
Note: All hours are approximate. You can decide your pick up time between 7:00 to 9:30 am
|07:00||Pick up at hotel in Quito|
|08:30||Breakfast at a local restaurant (not included)|
|10:00||Begin hiking ascent|
|12:00||Begin biking descent|
|14:00||Lunch at local restaurant (not included)|
|16:30||Back in Quito|
- Professional driver/ guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
- Activities as described in the Itinerary.
- Mountain bike & helmet
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Extra drinks and food
- Optional tips for the guide
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you have the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 85 p.p. based on 5 or more guests (with your own travel group)
$ 110 p.p. based on 2-4 guests
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, sunblock, sunglasses, and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at 4000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- Insurance is mandatory including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is mandatory that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/