9 DAYS – COLONIAL QUITO & DIVING GALAPAGOS
9 DAYS – COLONIAL QUITO & DIVING GALAPAGOS (59GPQ9+DIV)
This 9 day program is specially designed if you would you to combine the amazing Galapagos and its diving and hiking excursion with the colonial city Quito.
Ecuador is a fantastic destination that offers plenty of options for travel lovers. Galapagos is part of this amazing land, where Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a fantastic 9-day program complete with diving tours in places where manta rays, barracudas, hammerhead sharks, sea horses, and more will regularly be spotted. After this incredible experience underwater, Rebecca Adventure travels’ team will take you to the highest point on the Islands to enjoy a beautiful hike to the Sierra Negra volcano.
|Day||Itinerary||Accommodation & Meals|
|1||After your flight to Quito you will be picked up by one or our drivers and he will take you to your hotel in Quito.||Tourist class hotel in Quito|
|2||After an early breakfast you go to the airport to catch your flight from Quito to Galapagos (Baltra Airport) our transportation will take you to Puerto Ayora. This afternoon is free for you to visit the Charles Darwin Station, where you can get plenty information about the Galapagos Islands.The Charles Darwin Station is free for visitors. Before dinner our dive master will meet you in the Hotel to organize everything related to your next two days of diving.||Tourist class hotel in Puerto Ayora|
|3||After breakfast the dive guide will take you to Mosquera Islet, an easily accessed scuba diving site. Mosquera is located between North Seymour and Baltra. The maximum depth for this dive site is 30m and currents are generally mild. This site is famous for the sea lions that come and play during the dive. Sharks, turtles, rays, barracudas and tropical fish are also common in this area.||Tourist class hotel in Puerto Ayora, breakfast and lunch included.|
|4||Another wonderful day diving in Bartolome and Cousins offers fascinating underwater landscapes, complete with terraced steps that descend to 30 meters before dropping down to a sandy bottom at 40 meters. The steps are covered with soft black coral, and are an excellent place to find pacific seahorses. The overhangs from some of the steps are the favorite places of the White Tipped reef sharks, green sea turtles, large moray eels, as well as octopi. Manta rays, hammerheads, schools of barracudas, other reef fish can also be seen at these sites and off into the blue.||Tourist class hotel in Puerto Ayora, breakfast and lunch included.|
|5||This day will offer some free time in the morning where it is recommended to spend time in Tortuga Bay. This luxurious white sand beach is a great place to see marine iguanas and have the opportunity to go kayaking along the coast. Many travelers spot Tintoreras sharks while exploring here. In the afternoon, transportation will pick you up from the hotel in Puerto Ayora at 12:30, and after lunch you will take a speed boat (Capacity of the boat 24 people) to Isabela (2 hours), where you will visit the Flamingo Lagoon and spend the night relaxing.||Tourist superior hotel in Isabela, breakfast, lunch and diner included.|
|6||After an early breakfast, you will take an exciting excursion to the Sierra Negra volcano. This volcano is located 13 miles from Porto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, measuring 6 miles in diameter and 300 feet deep.This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. After box lunch at the volcano we go back to the hotel and in the afternoon you can go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where there are beautiful colourful fish, sea urchins, starfish, sea lions, or even sea turtles.||Tourist superior hotel in Isabela, breakfast, lunch and diner included.|
|7||Return flight to Quito, pick up and drop off at hotel.||Tourist class hotel in Quito|
|8||Today you have a day off to explore Quito yourself, to go shopping or to take an optional day trip (Mindo, Papallacta, Banos, horse back riding)||Tourist class hotel in Quito|
|9||Transfer out to the airport to take your flight back home.||Only breakfast is included today|
8 nights accommodation in Tourist Superior Hotel in Santa Cruz, Isabela and Quito (based in a double or triple room)
Transfer in and out at the airport in Baltra and Quito (4 in total)
Two day diving program (2) immersions per day.
Local transportation, inter island transportation
Meals as described in the itinerary (8x breakfasts, 4x lunches, 2x dinners)
Round flight Quito-Baltra-Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
2.724 USD per person based on 2 people.
2.484 USD per person based on 4 people or more
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
All the Galapagos & Ecuador tours are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* We are really sorry, but if you are an US/Canadian citizen you can’t book the diving tours. If you still continue the booking request, unfortunately we have to decline it.
* Please note that the food during the Galapagos-tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* You will have a guide during the whole program, except on the boats between the islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* If you book this tour without possessing your PADI license and enough dives we will change the dive tours into snorkeling tours without giving any refunds.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.