9 DAYS ACTIVE ANDES EXPEDITION
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, so there is a lot to see and to do for sports lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture. We have many Andes packages, which offer perfect possibilities for you to discover the adventurer in yourself.You can do mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking and discover beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks. Via this link, you can find all the active Andes expedition Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
9 DAYS ACTIVE ANDES EXPEDITION (25ACAN9)
This Andes hiking expedition tour was designed for travelers who would like to explore and witness the Ecuadorian-Andean culture by hiking, biking and more. You will discover the magical Andes mountains and the amazing towns located close to them. This active Andes expedition will take you to the Cotopaxi National Park, the north of the Ilinizas and later you will be able to climb the Cayambe and witness next morning sunrise at the top. Not only this expedition is based on hiking and biking, but also you will be able to go rafting when you reach Baños and afterward you will take a train to Cuenca, where you will be able to explore the beautiful architecture, cuisine, and culture of this city.
DAY 1 (L):
COTOPAXI – RUMINAHUI
On your first day, you will be brought to Cotopaxi National Park. This park is the home to the largest active volcano located on earth, measured from the center of the earth (5900 meters). Here, you will enjoy a day of hiking and biking in the area of Cotopaxi. You will go hiking around the Rumiñahui volcano, to admire its beauty. When you go mountain biking, you will have a view on all the volcanoes located in this same park. The hike around the Ruminahui mountain will take approximately 2-3 hours and the biking time is about one hour.
Overnight in Papagayo Sur.
DAY 2 (B, L):
Today, you will walk the Quilotoa loop. On your way, you will see beautiful nature, local markets, and communities who still keep their traditions alive, and, of course, the beautiful Quilotoa lagoon, which the locals believe has no bottom. The whole hike will take approximately 5 hours and our guide will guide you along the way. When you hike down the lake, you can also rent optional mules on the way back up ($10).
Overnight in Papagayo Sur.
DAY 3 (B, L):
Today you will visit Ilinizas Norte, which is a good mountain to hike at. Once it formed one big crater together with the Ilinizas Sur, but by the time, they have separated. The total altitude of the Ilinizas Norte is 5,126 and has just a little snow. After having hiked up and down this mountain, you will return to your hotel and relax the rest of the day. Total hiking time will be around 7 hours today.
Accommodation in Papagayo Sur.
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
After a large breakfast, you will have to time to rest and prepare yourself for tonight where you will climb the Cotopaxi volcano. You will go to the refuge in the afternoon where you will sleep until midnight. Then you start the big climb (about 6 hours up and about 3 hours down).
DAY 5 (B, L):
COTOPAXI CLIMBING – TRANSFER TO BAÑOS
When you have caught the sunrise, you will descend and return to your hotel: Papagayo Sur, where you can have an optional celebration lunch. Here you’ll have enough time to relax and take a shower. Later, you will be picked up by your new driver and guide to go to Baños. On your way, you can have a stop at Otavalo, to experience this indigenous city and to stroll the market, where all the local people sell their products. To go to Baños is a long ride, but at arrival, you can first rest and have a drink in town.
Accommodation in Hotel Posada J.
DAY 6 (B, L)
The town Baños is originally named after Baños de Agua Santa, to the thermal baths, but it is more known as Baños. It is an Ecuadorian city in the Tungurahua province. The atmosphere is laid-back and relaxed in this sub-tropical climate. You will go on a rafting tour today at 9.00 AM and after lunch, you will come back into town (around 14.00). You can either hire mountain bikes and go on the Ruta de las Cascadas or do any other optional activity around.
Accommodation in Hotel Posada J.
DAY 7 (B):
NARIZ DEL DIABLO
Early in the morning, you will leave Baños to drive to the South of Ecuador with your Spanish speaking driver. After about 1,5 hours, you will be in Riobamba, where you can have coffee in front of the old train station. Then, you will drive further to Aloasi to take the Nariz del Diablo train and finally, you’ll arrive at Cuenca where you can relax the rest of the day.
Accommodation in Hotel Victoria.
DAY 8 (B):
Today you will have a free day in Cuenca to explore the beautiful city by yourself. Then you will have a flight in the afternoon back to Quito and there you will be brought to your hotel close to the airport.
Accommodation in Hotel Posada Mirolindo.
You can get an impression of Cuenca through our Youtube channel:
DAY 9 (B):
The hotel will give you a transfer to the airport to catch your flight back home to Quito. Please make sure you have your flight in the afternoon or evening in case there is a delay from your flight to Cuenca the night before. Rebecca Adventure Travel won’t take any responsibility for missed (international) flights if your flight leaves before 1 PM on your last day.
- Accommodation 8 Nights in double rooms with private bathroom
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Private transportation
- English speaking driver/guide
- Specialized climbing guides for the mountain part
- Climbing equipment
- One way flight from Cuenca to Quito
- Train Ticket from Nariz del Diablo to Cuenca
- Airport pick up in Cuenca and drop off at your hotel
- 24/7 Assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- Optional tips for the guide
$ 1.520.- p.p. based on 4 or more guests
$ 1.580.- p.p. based on 2 or 3 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This multiple day tours is a Shared Group Tour. This means you might have a different guide every day. It will be a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests on the group tours. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch).
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/