8 DAY LUXURY TOUR ECUADOR
During this 8 day luxury tour through Ecuador you will visit Quito, explore the Andean mountains and the Galapagos Islands. Your trip starts in Quito which offers you a diverse and rich activities. From a marvellous visit through the beautiful churches and museums to a panoramic view point called “La Virgen del Panecillo”. This city is definitely one of the most interesting and beautiful in the continent. The city of Quito is also listed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage list. It was founded in the 16th century on the ruins of an Inca city and it stands at an altitude of 2,850 m. Next your trip will bring you to the Andean mountains of Ecuador. You will visit one of the most beautiful lagoons in Ecuador and South America, the amazing “Laguna Quilotoa”, together with its surrounding villages. Here you will hike down to the lagoon and up again. Also, this is a wonderful opportunity to see the beauty of Ecuador in all of its forms, because of the special attention that will be paid to the culture and rural life of indigenous Andean people. Alongside, you will visit Hacienda Zuleta which is a colonial working farm in the Northern Andes of Ecuador. At the farm you can explore the surroundings through horseback riding. After your trip in the mainland of Ecuador you will fly to the Galapagos Islands. The Galapagos Islands are a very unique destination with flora and fauna that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. The surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. The Galapagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
BL = Box lunch included
D = Dinner included
Day 1 (-):
ARRIVAL IN QUITO
Today your English speaking guide will pick you up from the airport in Quito. The driver will take you to your hotel in Quito.
Overnight at Hotel Plaza Grande.
Day 2 (B, L, D):
QUITO CITY TOUR
After breakfast, your guide will pick you up at your hotel. Together with your guide you will go on a Quito City Tour. This city is also a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. It was founded in the 16th century, on top of the ruines of an ancient Inca city. Quito is located at an altitude of 2.850 meters. This day you will see the highlights of the city, including Panecillo, the Basilic, and the San Francisco Monastery. In the afternoon your guide will take you to the Hacienda San Agustin de Callo, where you will also have lunch. Here you will be staying for 2 nights. Overnight at Hotel Plaza Grande.
Day 3 (B, L, D):
After breakfast, your guide will pick you up and bring you to Quilotoa. On your way you will visit an interesting indigenous market in Saquisili. Afterwards you will continue your way to Quilotoa, where you will arrive around 11.00 am. You will go hiking in the crater lake of Quilotoa and afterwards you will enjoy a delicious lunch at the Shalala Lodge. In the afternoon you will return to the Hacienda. Overnight at Hacienda Zuleta.
Day 4 (B, L, D):
ZULETA HORSEBACK RIDING
At 08:00 am, after breakfast you will be picked up by your guide to go to Hacienda Zuleta. You will arrive approximately around 11.00 am at the Hacienda, where you will have time to look around. After lunch you have the option to go horseback riding or go mountain biking. Overnight at Hacienda Zuleta.
Day 5 (B, L, D) – Day 8 (B):
FLIGHT TO GALAPAGOS – GALAPAGOS LUXURY CRUISE
On day 5 you will fly from Quito to the Galapagos Islands. From here you will start your 4 day Galapagos luxury cruise. On the last day you will return to Quito/Guayaquil, from where you will take your flight back home.
4 nights accommodation in suites.
Airport transfers to/from Quito airport
Meals as described in the itinerary.
All the activities and excursions as described in the itinerary.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish.
Flights Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $ 100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card (Quito Airport): $ 20 p.p.
Travel insurance (mandatory)
Required immunisations (mandatory) – Yellow Fever, Hepatitis B.
Additional food and beverages.
Tips for guide.
Depends on number of guests
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from San Cristobal airport (any arrival time is good) is included. We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
*It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
*The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.