8 DAY ISLAND HOPPING CLASSIC – 3 ISLANDS
Situated in the Pacific Ocean, about 1.000 km away from the South American continent, these 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galápagos Islands are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. Ongoing seismic and volcanic activity reflect the processes that formed the islands. These processes, together with the extreme isolation of the islands, led to the development of unusual animal life such as the land iguana, the giant tortoise and the many types of fish. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
8 DAY ISLAND HOPPING CLASSIC – 3 ISLANDS (59GPH8CL)
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a unique Galapagos experience. With our customized individual itineraries, you can choose the sights and activities most suited to your interests. With our land-based island hopping operators you will stay at local hotels and eat at local restaurants. This 8 day program takes you to the main attractions of the Galapagos Island with visits to San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabela.
You will start your trip arriving to the San Cristobal Airport where you will be welcome and picked up by our guide. Later that day you will head to the The San Cristobal Interpretation Center where you will learn about the evolution of the species in the Islands. Next stop “Playa man“, in this activity you will have the first contact with the gorgeous shores and beautiful beaches. The next day you’ll visit the “Soledad View Point” and later a very nice hike through the San Cristobal highlands.
Embark upon a peculiar speedboat from San Cristobal Island to Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island) it will take around 2 hours. After lunch you will visit the Highlands of Santa Cruz to make a closer contact with the Giant Galapagos Tortoises as well as many kinds of birds, like the Wizard and Finch. Early in the morning visit the Galapagos National Park and The Charles Darwin Research Station. You’ll take again the speedboat to go to Isabela Island and visit the first main attraction the Flamingo Lagoon. The next activity will stimulate your sense of adventure hiking in the huge Sierra Negra Volcano, then head to the Concha Perla’s bay to snorkel in the beautiful and clear waters, spot hundreds species of fish and coral.
Our next activity is filled with adventure, fauna and history, Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center, the Wall of Tears and the Tintoreras Islet. Also you will have the oportunity to explore the shores of Puerto Villamil by kayak and later that day get ready to explore the Island highlands. Finally you will say goodbye to the Galapagos passing through the curious Twins Craters on your way to Baltra Airport.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO – SAN CRISTOBAL – PLAYA MAN
Our English speaking guide will be waiting for you at the San Cristobal airport. After lunch you will visit The San Cristobal Interpretation Center, where you will learn about the islands, evolution of their species, fauna, migration, and how humans came to live here. Then you will go to Playa Man for our first contact with the stunning waters of these islands.
Overnight in Hotel Pimampiro or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
After breakfast, you go by boat to snorkel at the famous Kicker Rock, one of the most spectacular landmarks in the Galapagos Islands. Two volcanic rocks of 140 meters tall, located off the coast of San Cristobal Island. When viewed from the south the rocks look like a sleeping lion, which is why the Spanish name is León Dormido (sleeping lion). From another side it looks more like a boot, hence the English name: Kicker Rock. This magnificent tiny island is the favourite place for an array of marine birds. But in the sea you see the great underwater life wherefore the site is that famous. The natural erosion of this ancient cone has created a channel between the rocks that provides the ideal habitat to view a variety of sharks and rays including eagle rays, white-tip reef sharks, and sometimes even the Galapagos shark and hammerheads! in the afternoon you go back to the hotel. Overnight in Hotel Pimampiro or similar.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
PUERTO AYORA – SANTA CRUZ ISLAND HIGHLANDS EXCURSION
Early in the morning (6 AM) you will take the public speedboat from San Cristobal to Puerto Ayora (approximately 2 hours and a half), where your guide will be waiting for you. You will have breakfast and check in at the hotel. This morning you will have a short rest at the hotel until lunch time. After lunch you will visit the Highlands of Santa Cruz to make closer contact with the Giant Galapagos Tortoises as well as many kinds of birds, like the Wizard and Finch. You will be surrounded all the excursion by the endemic vegetation of the Galapagos, such as escalecias and matazarnos. Overnight in hotel Fernandina or similar.
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
CHARLES DARWIN STATION – ISABELA ISLAND – FLAMINGO LAGOON
After breakfast, you will first visit the Galapagos National Park and the Charles Darwin Research Station, where you can see the last living Galapagos tortoise of its species. Here you will visit numerous Galapagos turtles areas. Afterwards, you will head to Puerto Ayora for a visit to the most famous art galleries. You will then take a public speedboat to Isabela Island, which takes approximately three hours. Upon arrival in Isabela you will visit the Flamingo Lagoon. This place is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the majority of flamingos. Overnight Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 5 (B, L, D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles wide and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel in bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colourful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 6 (B, L, D):
LOS TUNELES SNORKELING
After breakfast, your guide will take you to what is said to be one of the best snorkeling places in the world, Los Tuneles. The water is shallow, calm and very clear- a sea sanctuary. A series of lava flows have produced unique geological formations, a series of arcs and tunnels underneath and above the water- a habitat for many local Galapagos Species. The entrance to the site is shallow and the waves can be strong, for this reason, the access can be complicated. You will have lunch on board and then return to Puerto Villamil. Overnight Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 7 (B, L, D):
KAYAK IN PUERTO VILLAMIL – ISABELA ISLAND HIGHLANDS
After breakfast the guide will accompany you for a kayak excursion in the bay of Puerto Villamil. Then you will return back to the hotel for lunch and a short rest. In the afternoon, you will make your way to the Highlands of Isabela and visit “La Cueva de Sucre”, The Mango Viewpoint, and “Campo Duro” another place of giant tortoises.
Overnight Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 8 (B):
THE TWINS – TRANSFER OUT
“Los Gemelos”, or the Twin Craters, are located opposite to each other. The name is only figurative; not real craters, these formations were created by the collapse of surface due to the lava flow hundred years ago. The tour will end upon arrival to the airport.
Accommodation in double rooms at a tourist hotel class (Hotel Isabela or San Vincente in Isabela Island and Hotel Fernandina or similar in Santa Cruz Island)
All meals included. 7x Breakfasts: 7x Lunches (lunch boxes on outdoors activities) and 7x Dinners.
English speaking naturalist guide
Transfer: San Cristobal (Pto B. Moreno) – Santa Cruz (Pto. Ayora) – Isabela (Pto. Villamil) -Santa Cruz (Pto. Ayora) (by speedboat or public transportation)
Transfer to Baltra Airport
Transfer in from San Cristobal airport and transfer out to Baltra airport (If the tour start and ends on the same dates)
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – San Cristobal – Baltra – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $ 100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card (Quito Airport): $ 20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $ 10 p.p.
Extra food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Tips for guide
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 1.825 p.p. based on 2 people
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 2.015 p.p. single traveler fee (private room and bathroom)
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
If you depart in 2018 use the code “WINTERSALE8DCLA” in your booking and get a 5% discount on your Galapagos Island Hopping program!
How to obtain this discount?
1. Click on the “book now” button on the tour page
2. Fill out your departure date and number of guests and click on request booking
3. Below creditcard details click on “redeem discount code”
4. Enter WINTERSALE8DCLA in discount code box
All the Galapagos Classic Island Hoppings are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.