8 DAY GALAPAGOS BUDGET ISLAND HOPPING
This amazing journey will take you to amazing landscapes located at 1.000 km away from the South American continent in the Pacific Ocean. These 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique “showcase of evolution”. The Galápagos Islands are the perfect combination of fertile volcanic land and unique flora and fauna species. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers Galapagos Budget Island Hopping Programs with the highlights of the Galapagos Islands for a reasonable price. We deleted all the middle men that why we can offer great prices with our budget tours. You stay at tourist – tourist superior class hotels at nights and during the day you go on day tours to the different spots in the archipel. Three meals a day are included in this program but you can also let us know if you don’t want to have dinners so we can give you a 5 USD discount per meal (only if you book the program upfront without dinners), unfortunately it is not possible to give you 5 USD back whenever you are already on the islands. Find here the itinerary for the 8 Days Budget Island Hopping Tour.
The first step in your itinerary will be arriving at Baltra Island, where you will be welcomed and transported to Puerto Ayora. Then you will travel by speedboat to Isabela Island. In here you will visit the Flamingo lagoon and hike in the huge Sierra Negra Volcano. Then you will head to the Concha Perla bay for snorkeling. Next you will go to Rancho Primicia, where you’ll find the giant Galapagos turtles.
The next Island is Santa Fe island. Back in Santa Cruz Island you go the Santa Cruz highlands where you will find the great Giant Tortoirses in their natural habitat. For the snorkeling lovers the Bay Tour would be great where you will visit highlights as Punta Camaño, La Loberia and Playa de los Perros.
DAY 1 (L,D):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours flight). At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). Afterwards, you take the small public speedboat to Isabela. This will take approximately three hours and please note this can be a bumpy ride so you can prepare yourself with motion sickness pills and a waterproof jacket. Upon arrival in Isabela you will head to the Flamingo Lagoon, which is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the grand majority of flamingos. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B,L,D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles wide and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel in bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colourful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* On this day you can also take a Great Snorkeling Tour to Los Tuneles in Isabela instead of a tour to Sierra Negra and Concha Perla (+70 USD pp)
DAY 3 (B,L,D):
TINTORERAS AND WETLANDS
Early in the morning after breakfast you will have a tour to The Wetlands. Here you will visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center, where you will spot small and giant tortoises in their natural habitat. The next activity is a visit to The Wall of Tears.
From 1946 to 1959, Isabela was designated as a penal colony by the Ecuadorian government and prisoners were obligated to build a wall with enormous blocks of solid lava. Due to the arduous labour and hard conditions prisoners lived in, this site is known as El Muro de Lagrimas. Additionally, you will visit a small lava tunnel. “Tunel del Estero”, a 75m path with adequate lava plates ending in a staircase inside a lava tunnel. Above the tunnel you can see the intertidal landscape that offers a tapestry of Galapagos Sesuvium between “El Túnel del Estero” and Love Beach.
*Please have in mind that the total length of the walk in The Wetlands area is approximately 3 to 4 hours.
After lunch you will have a little break and then you will visit Tintoreras Islet. It is called like this due to a large crack, in which white-tip sharks known as Tintoreras come daily to rest at the bottom. You will have a transport which will take you to the pier of Puerto Villamil, here you will board a boat for 10 minutes to cross to the islet which is located across the bay. It will be necessary for passengers to use walking shoes or sneakers (closed shoes) to cross the volcanic rocks. You can also observe penguins, sea lions, marine iguanas and you can go snorkeling with colourful tropical fish while enjoying the beaches of Isabela.
Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 4 (B,L,D):
KAYAK IN PUERTO VILLAMIL – ISABELA ISLAND HIGHLANDS
After breakfast your guide will accompany you for a relaxing and beautiful kayak excursion in the bay of Puerto Villamil, here you will be able to spot various endemic animals such as Marine Iguanas, Sea Lions, and Penguins Isabela. Then you will return to the hotel for lunch and a short rest. In the afternoon, you will make your way to the Highlands of Isabela and visit “La Cueva de Sucre”, The Mango viewpoint, and “Campo Duro” another place of giant tortoises. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or Hotel La Laguna
DAY 5 (B,L,D):
CHARLES DARWIN’S STATION – TORTUGA BAY
At 6 AM you will take the public speedboat to Santa Cruz then you’ll have breakfast and after you’ll go to The Darwin Research Station. It is known for its amazing turtles, born from only 3 inches to 4 feet long. These species of turtles tend to interact with each other and also with humans, showing their head for a pet. The new hatchlings are kept until they are approximately four years old and strong enough to survive on their own. Now one of the most beautiful and relaxing shores in Galapagos, Tortuga Bay, it’s a harmonic destination on Santa Cruz island with subtle and soft white sand, captivating blue waters, marine iguanas and flamingos. It is only 2.5 km from Puerto Ayora on a nice brick path (30-45 minutes walking). There is the possibility to return to Puerto Ayora from Tortuga Bay on a boat with an extra cost of $10 p.p. and you will also have to pay for the boat ride of the guide that is going to be with you on that day. Departure time at 16:30. Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 6 (B,L,D):
SANTA FE BASICO
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in a curious panga ride and you will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boats gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. Also you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies and marine iguanas. After lunch you will return to Santa Cruz Island to rest and relax in the hotel. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick
Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 7 (B,L,D):
BAHIA HALF DAY & SANTA CRUZ HIGHLANDS HALF DAY TOUR
On our first visit you will navigate along the Santa Cruz Bay where you can observe lots of beautiful endemic species. Your first destination will be “La Loberia”. Named after a great colony of sea lions. Here you will be able to swim with them. It is also a very special place to spot a great variety of colorful fish and many other animals in the marine bottom. In addition it is a coastal route for interpretation of fauna and basaltic formations. Next you will navigates 15 minutes to arrive at Punta Camaño Islet. Here you will snorkel with sea lions, large variety of fish also you will go on a channel where you can spot “Tintoreras” sharks and blue footed bobbies. Your next activity will be a visit to the channel of love. This is another formation by fissure that result on a beautiful sleepy water channel with excellent scenic beauty. Finally “Playa de los Perros”. This is a 15 minute walk until you reach the beach where you will be able to observe lots of dog crabs colonies, lots of large marine iguanas on the island and unparalleled scenic views. After lunch your guide will take you to Puerto Ayora and then to the Santa Cruz Highlands. On the way you will stop at the Lava Tunnels. This will be a very interesting activity due to the large cave the Lava tunnel has, get ready to shape your nerves on this exotic hike of approximately 45 minutes. Later you will reach the Hacienda and here you will find the magnificent and famous Galapagos Giant Tortoises. This is a very special place because you are going to be able to see the these slow and interesting animal in their natural habitat.
Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 8 (B):
THE TWINS – TRANSFER OUT
“Los Gemelos”, or the Twin Craters, are located opposite to each other. The name is only figurative; they are not real craters, these formations were created by the collapse of surface due to the lava flow hundreds of years ago. The tour will end upon arrival to the airport.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at a standard tourist class hotels
All meals included. 7x Breakfast, 7x Lunch (lunch box on outdoors activities) and 7x Dinner.
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
PRICES 2017 (if the tour is departing in 2017):
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 1.230 p.p. price based on 2 guests
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 1.395 p.p. Single Traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
PRICES 2018 (if the tour is departing in 2018):
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 1.400 p.p. price based on 2 guests
8 Days / 7 Nights – $ 1.550 p.p. Single Traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.