8 DAY GALAPAGOS EXPEDITION – 3 ISLANDS
This beautiful 8 Day Galapagos Adventure will take you to amazing landscapes located a 1.000 km away from the South American continent in the Pacific Ocean. These 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique “showcase of evolution”. The Galapagos Islands are the perfect combination of fertile volcanic land and unique flora and fauna. The animals and birds of the Galapgos Islands inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a unique experience of the Galapagos islands. With our customized individual itineraries, you can choose the sights and activities most suited to your interests. With our land-based island hopping operators you will stay at local hotels and eat at local restaurants. On this 8 day individual travel program, you will experience the highlights of the Galapagos with Punta Carola, Playa Mann, Las Tijerertas, Kicker Rock/Punta Pitt/Española, Flamingo Lagoon, Puerto Chino, Concha Perla, the Charles Darwin Research Station, Tortuga Bay, Los Tuneles, Lava Tunnels and the Twin Craters.You will stay in tourist class hotels – Galapagos Planet Hotel in San Cristobal, Fernandina or Deja Vu in Santa Cruz and San Vicente or La Laguna in Isabela. You will stay in a private double room with private bathroom in all three hotels. You will have different guides during your tours and you could be joined by other travelers on your day tours.
8 DAY GALAPAGOS ADVENTURE 3 ISLANDS (59GPH8EX)
SAN CRISTOBAL PUNTA CAROLA, LAS TIJERETAS AND PLAYA MANN
At arrival, a guide from the Galapagos Planet Hotel will be waiting for you to bring you to your hotel. At your first day, you can do a self guided program to Punta Carola, Playa Mann, Las Tijeretas and the Galapagos Interpretation Center. It is possible to visit this with a guide, with extra costs depending on the amount of people.
Overnight at Galapagos Planet Hotel.
DAY 2 (B, L):
SAN CRISTOBAL PUNTA PITT OR KICKER ROCK
Today you will have a day tour with English speaking guide to either Kicker Rock, with snorkeling; a day tour to Punta Pitt with snorkeling and hiking; or a day tour to Española, with snorkeling as well. The departures depend on the Galapagos National Park regulations, so we have to check which one is possible. If you are going to Punta Pitt you will pass by Kicker Rock so you can take pictures, but you won’t stop there.
Overnight at Hotel Galapagos Planet.
Kicker Rock: Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
Punta pitt: Every Friday and Sunday +25 USD per person
Española: Every Monday and Thursday +115 USD per person
DAY 3 (B, L):
SAN CRISTOBAL HIGHLANDS
Today you will have a private highlands tour by car with English speaking guide and you will visit Puerto Chino, La Galapaguero (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays feeding days), El Junco volcano and the Otoy hacienda, including a short hike. Puerto Chino is a beautiful white beach, where you can enjoy the Pacific Ocean. You have to hike for about 10 minutes to get there. The Galapaguero is a breeding centre for the San Cristobal giant tortoises. They have feeding days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but they are open 7 days a week. After these activities you go to Hacienda Otoy in the San Cristobal highlands. This ecological produces the giant tortoises food Otoy and other fruits and vegetables. You have a delicious lunch here and after lunch you can walk around the hacienda. On the way back you can hike up to the top of the El Junco volcano.
Overnight in Hotel Galapagos Planet.
DAY 4 (B):
SANTA CRUZ – TORTUGA BAY – CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION
Early in the morning, you will go to Santa Cruz by public speedboat (7 AM). The boat ride takes about 2,5 hours. You will visit the Charles Darwin Station, known for its amazing turtles. They vary from only 3 inches to 4 feet length. Then you will have lunch. In the afternoon you can visit Tortuga Bay. This is a harmonic destination on Santa Cruz island, with subtle and soft white sand, captivating blue waters, marine iguanas and flamingos. On this day it’s possible to do an optional kayaking activity (please ask the guide). Accommodation at Hotel Fernandina or Deja Vu.
DAY 5 (B, L, D):
SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – FLAMINGO LAGOON
In the morning (7 AM), you will take the public speedboat to Isabela. Upon arrival, you will check in your hotel and explore a bit of the surroundings. In the afternoon you have enough time to visit the beautiful beaches and the flamingo Lagoon by yourself. This lagoon is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galápagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the majority of flamingos. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna.
DAY 6 (B, L, D):
SNORKELING IN LOS TUNELES
On this day, our guide will take you to what is said to be one of the best snorkeling places in the world, los Tuneles. the water is shallow, calm and very clear- a sea sanctuary. A series of lava flows have produced unique geological formations, a series of arcs and tunnels underneath and above the water- a habitat for many local Galapagos Species. The entrance to the site is shallow and the waves can be strong, for this reason, the acces can be complicated. You will have lunch on board and the return to Puerto Villamil.
DAY 7 (B, L, D):
SANTA CRUZ HIGHLANDS
In the morning, you will take the public speedboat back to Santa Cruz (at 6 AM) and in the afternoon you will go the highlands of Santa Cruz. Here you will find the giant tortoises. You will also stop at the Lava Tunnels of the highlands. This place has been shaped with lava flows over centuries. It is a 30 minute walk where you can perceive intact stands of vegetation zones, including dense scalesia forest and miconia. Accommodation at Hotel Fernandina or Deja Vu.
DAY 8 (B):
TWIN CRATERS AND TRANSFER OUT
Before you will be brought back to the airport, you will get to visit to the Twin Craters on your way. These are no real craters, but they look like it. They were formed by a collison in the earth. After taken stunning pictures of this view, you will continue your way to the airport.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at a standard tourist class hotels
All meals included. 7x Breakfast, 7x Lunch (can be lunch boxes on outdoors activities) and 5x Dinner
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
8 Days/ 7 Nights – $1.710.- p.p. based on 4 guests
8 Days/ 7 Nights – $1.830.- p.p. based on 2 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
All the Galapagos Island Hoppings are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.