6 DAY GALAPAGOS DELUXE
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – DELUXE TOURS
The Galapagos Islands are a very unique destination with flora and fauna that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Read more about the islands through this link. If you are looking for a luxe stay on land this is the best program for you. You will stay in luxury hotels and do nice tours. The Galapagos Islands are still pristine so please don’t expect luxury facilities as what you can expect in other parts of the world. This is luxury but on an island level. Here you can find more information about the Island Hopping Deluxe Tours.
6 DAY GALAPAGOS DELUXE (59GPH6-LU)
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a 6 day Deluxe Galapagos program with relaxation, wildlife spotting and snorkeling. During the 6 day tour you will stay in luxury hotels and do the best tours available on the Galapagos islands. You will stay on two different islands; Santa Cruz and Isabela. On Santa Cruz you stay in Hotel Ikala and on Isabela you stay in Casita de la Playa or Casa de Marita. You will see sea lions, giant tortoises, sharks, rays, blue footed boobies and if you’re lucky even more wildlife. From Santa Cruz you will do a one day tour where you will visit another uninhabited island. There are four islands that you can visit, which one you go that day depends on the availability. The islands are Bartolome, Santa Fe, South Plazas, or North Seymour. All breakfasts and some lunches are included in the program.
B= Breakfast included
L= Lunch included
D= Dinner included
DAY 1 (L):
BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ
At the Baltra airport (GPS), you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the highlands of Santa Cruz. If you arrive before 02:00 PM you have lunch in the highlands. If you arrive later you will only visit the highlands. In the highlands you visit a privately owned farm where you will find the giant tortoises. It is located on the natural path tortoises take every year as they either migrate to higher moist locations during the garúa season (June-September), or when they descend to the warmer lowlands during the wet season. The Galapagos giant tortoise (Chelonoidis nigra) is the largest living tortoise species, weighing up to 250 kg (550 lb). It plays an important biological role as the top grazer in its habitat. After this visit you will be dropped off at your hotel where you can rest.
Accommodation in Hotel Ikala.
DAY 2 (B, L):
DAY TOUR TO UNINHABITED ISLAND (BARTOLOME, NORTH SEYMOUR, SOUTH PLAZAS OR SANTA FE)
Today you will go by boat to one of the islands around Santa Cruz. Depending on the availability you go to either North Seymour, Bartolome, South Plazas or Santa Fe. After breakfast you leave the island with a beautiful small yacht. Depending on the islands it is 20 min – 2 hours navigating to get there. Lunch is served on board.
Accommodation in Hotel Ikala.
North Seymour was lifted from the ocean floor by a seismic event, and its origins as a seabed give the island its low, flat profile. Cliffs only a few meters high from the shoreline, where swallow-tailed gulls sit among the ledges and rocks. Usually, you find here the frigid birds. Sometimes you are even lucky to find a frigid bird with their beautifully colored inflated red sack.
Bartolome is famous for Pinnacle Rock, a towering spearheaded obelisk that rises from the ocean’s edge and is the best-known landmark in the islands. Galapagos penguins—the only species of penguin found north of the equator—walk precariously along narrow volcanic ledges at its base. There is a chance that you will see white-tip and black-tip sharks resting in the shallow waters around the beaches of Bartolome. Upon arrival at the island, you will climb up the stairs to go to the viewpoint where you have the best views of Bartolome.
South Plazas is a small island full of fascinating wildlife, both along its shore and along its dramatic, wind-swept cliffs: sea lions, land iguanas, swallow-tailed gulls, opuntia cacti and vegetation that changes colors according to the season. South Plazas is one of Galapagos’ most impressive visiting sites.
Santa Fe offers one of the most beautiful and sheltered coves in the islands. Its turquoise lagoon is protected by a peninsula of tiny islets forming an ideal anchorage. The island lies to the southeast of Santa Cruz within sight of Puerto Ayora. Like North Seymour, Santa Fe has been uplifted seismically, and you can see underwater lava formations. You have a ‘wet landing’ here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe. The boat gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
DAY 3 (B):
SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – WETLANDS
Early in the morning you take the public speedboat to Isabela. The boat trip takes about 2,5 hours and can be rough. Upon arrival in Isabela you can relax on the beach and in the afternoon you have a mountain bike tour. On the bike you will visit The Wetlands, where you go to the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center. Here you will spot small and giant tortoises in their natural habitat. The next activity is a visit to The Wall of Tears. From 1946 to 1959, Isabela was designated as a penal colony by the Ecuadorian government and prisoners were obligated to build a wall with enormous blocks of solid lava. Due to the arduous labor and hard conditions prisoners lived in, this site is known as El Muro de Lagrimas (The Wall of Tears). Additionally, you will visit a small lava tunnel, called Túnel del Estero. This is a 75m path with adequate lava plates ending in a staircase inside a lava tunnel. Above the tunnel you can see the intertidal landscape that offers a tapestry of Galapagos Sesuvium between Túnel del Estero and Love Beach.
Accommodation in Casita de la Playa or Casa de Marita.
DAY 4 (B, L):
At 11:00 AM you will go by boat to Los Túneles, which will take around 30 to 40 minutes from Puerto Villamil. Los Túneles is considered the most beautiful place to do snorkeling activities in Isabela. In general, the water is clear and calm. However, the entrance to the site is shallow and the waves can be strong, for this reason, the access can be complicated. The lava flows that passed through this area had formed unique geological formation and of course shaped like tunnels. Here you will find various marine species and beautiful flora vegetation. You will go on an exciting snorkeling activity inside an area with an extension of 800 meters and an average temperature of 20 degrees Celsius. There are large quantities of seabirds such as the albatross, flamingos, blue footed boobies and the magnificent frigatebird. Also, you can find species such as tortoises, swimming iguanas, sea lions, manta rays, Galapagos penguins, lobsters, sea snakes and white-tipped sharks.
Accommodation in Casita de la Playa or Casa de Marita.
DAY 5 (B):
ISABELA – SANTA CRUZ – BAY TOUR
At 06:00 AM you take the public speedboat back to Santa Cruz. First, you have time to relax and at 02:00 PM your Bay Tour starts. With the Bay Tour you visit the highlights around Puerto Ayora by boat. The first destination will be La Loberia where you find sea lions. Next, you will navigate for about 15 minutes to arrive at Punta Camaño Islet. Here you will snorkel with sea lions and a large variety of fish. Furthermore, you will go on a channel where you can spot tintora sharks and blue footed boobies. Your next activity will be a visit to the Channel of Love. This is another formation by fissure that results in a beautiful, sleepy water channel with excellent scenic beauty. Finally, Playa de Los Perros. This is a 15-minute walk until you reach the beach where you will be able to observe lots of dog crabs colonies, lots of large marine iguanas on the island and unparalleled scenic views. Get an impression of this tour by watching the following video:
* If you prefer to take the afternoon boat back to Santa Cruz (03:00 PM) it is also possible but you won’t be able to do any activities this day.
Accommodation in Hotel Ikala.
DAY 6 (B):
PUERTO AYORA – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
- Meals included as described (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox).
- Accommodation in a double private room at first-class hotels.
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. cash only.
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card $ 20 p.p. cash only.
- Isabela dock fee $ 10 p.p. cash only.
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back).
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November) $ 5 p.p. per day – cash only.
- Optional tips for the guide.
This Deluxe Galapagos Island Hopping tour is a shared group tour. The shared group tours are a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. Every group day tour will have different travelers. You can have a different driver/guide every day. There are different tour coordinators on every island. You can start this tour every day of the year. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 1,825 p.p. based on 6 or more guests
$ 1,925 p.p. based on 2 to 5 guests
* For children under the age of 12, there is a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/