6 DAYS HIKING ECUADORIAN ANDES
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, so there is a lot to see and to do for sports lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture. It is waiting to be explored by you! You can do mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking and discover beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks. In the colonial capital of Ecuador, you can dive into the history of the city listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
6 DAYS HIKING ECUADORIAN ANDES (12HIA6)
This 6 day program is designed for guests who would like to experience the beautiful nature of Ecuadorian Andes by hiking. You will discover a magical world of stunning landscapes and massive volcanoes. The trekking program will take you deep into the heart of the Andes, through the famous “Volcano Avenue”, you will be able to see several volcanoes and explore plenty of trails around Isinliví on the Quilotoa lagoon. Additionally, you will hike through the Chimborazo Fauna Reserve where there is the highest volcano of Ecuador and you will have spectacular views of the waterfalls and lush forests of Baños. Hike around the beautiful Andes, where you will have encounters with some of the Andean fauna and witness the beautiful mountain range.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
TREKKING IN ISINLIVI
You will start your tour with a 3 hours car ride from Quito through the Volcano Avenue; including the Pasochoa, Rumiñahui, Illinizas where you can perfectly enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Andes. After arriving in Isinlivi, you will have lunch and go for your first trekking exploration.
Trekking time: 3 hours.
Accommodation: Hostal Llullu Llama
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
TREKKING THROUGH THE TOACHI CANYON & CHUGCHILAN
Today, the magic Andean mountain atmosphere will inspire you on a trek along the Toachi canyon. You will hike down to the canyon of the Toachi River and then back up to the main road that will take you to Chugchilan, a small town located in the middle of the Quilotoa loop. In the afternoon, you can explore the village by yourself and enjoy the rest of the day.
Trekking time: 4 hours.
Accommodation: Hostal Mama Hilda
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
CHUGCHILAN TO QUILOTOA.
After breakfast, you will begin your hiking adventure of 11 km (6,9 miles) on small trails blazed by the mountain people and still used by locals to transport products and to travel across canyons to reach neighboring communities. You will hike down across impressive canyons to later climb back up to the top of the crater rim, where you will be rewarded with beautiful views of the Quilotoa Lake.
Trekking time: 4.5 hours.
Accommodation in Hosteria Shalala
DAY 4 (B):
TREKKING TO THE QUILOTOA’S LAGOON
After having a large breakfast, you will take a hike down to the base of the Quilotoa crater. Following this path, you will enjoy an awesome view of the lake and be able to take pictures of the turquoise water-filled caldera. In the afternoon, you’ll have a transfer to Riobamba city, located in the central part of the Ecuadorian highlands.
Trekking time: 2.5 hours.
Accommodation in Chimborazo lodge
DAY 5 (B, L):
CHIMBORAZO VOLCANO & BAÑOS HOT SPRINGS
Early in the morning, you will drive through valleys and farming villages towards the Chimborazo Volcano, the highest in Ecuador, with an elevation of 6310 meters above the sea level, whose summit is the world farthest point from the center of the earth. On the hike to the glacier, you can also spot several animals face-to-face, such as the Andean condor, hummingbirds, and the timid wild Vicuñas. In the evening, you will soak in the famous hot springs of Baños and experience the thriving nightlife of this town.
Trekking time: 2.5 hours.
Accommodation in La Floresta Hotel
DAY 6 (B):
HIKE TO THROUGH THE “WATERFALLS ROAD”
Baños is very well known for its spectacular location right on the foothills of the Tungurahua active volcano. This morning you will hit the road of the waterfalls. The first stop will be at the Bride’s Veil waterfall, where you will take the “Tarabita” (cable car) to get across the Pastaza River. Then you will hike down for one hour to the Pailon del Diablo waterfall, the second highest in Ecuador. In the afternoon drive back to Quito.
Trekking time: 2 hours.
- Accommodation based on double occupancy.
- Private transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
- Certified English-Speaking adventure trip leader and local guides.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- Equipment and Gear, hiking sticks.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Mules at Quilotoa on the way back to the top of the crater: $ 8 (Optional).
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- Optional tips for the guide.
$ 1.119 p.p. based on 6 or more guests
$ 1.131 p.p. based on 3- 5 guests
$ 1.163 p.p. based on 2 guests
This is a fixed group tour if you choose one of the open departures. If you are going on another date, private tour with the same guide during your whole tour. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
OPEN DEPARTURES FOR FIXED GROUP TOURS 2018
June 3, 17 & 24
July 8, 15 & 22
September 2 & 23
November 18 & 25
December 15, 22 & 28
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch).
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/