5 DAY MEDELLÍN
The bustling city of Medellín, or the city of eternal spring, is well located between the natural park of Reserva Natural Cañon de Rio Claro and Guatapé. Together with its pleasant temperature, this city is worth visiting during your stay in Colombia. You can explore Medellín, the natural park and Guatapé in one amazing week and during the weekend, Medellín is the place to be for party people with its many discos. This metropole, with its textile manufacturing and flowers, is different from the rest of Colombia because of its skyscrapers on one side, and the slums on the other side. Now you get to explore this big city of Medellín, during your 5 day stay here.
During this tour, you are going to explore Medellín and its surroundings. You will start with a city tour in Medellín to explore the historical centre. Also you are going to see amazing views over the city. The day after, you will have a visit to the interesting and beautiful Reserva Natural Cañon de Rio Claro El Refugio. This is a natural park with a river on which you can float down, to enjoy the nature around you in a relaxing way. You can explore the caves and learn about the earth. At the end you are going to have an excursion to the picturesque town of Guatapé. During this excursion, you are also going to see the Piedra del Peñol, characteristic for this town.
At arrival, there will be a pick up waiting for you, to bring you to your hotel. There you can relax during the night, because on the next day, your journey in Medellín will start.
Day 2 (B):
MEDELLÍN, BIBLIOTECA ESPAÑA
This day will start with a city tour through Medellín with an English speaking guide. During the tour, you will visit Botero square, you will walk around in the center of the city to explore the streets and squares. Then you will take the metro and cable-metro, which are the symbols of this city, and you will go to ‘Biblioteca España‘, to witness stunning views over the city. Then you will be brought back to your hotel.
Day 3 (B,L):
RESERVA NATURAL CAÑON DE RIO CLARO EL REFUGIO
On your third day in Colombia, you are going to visit the Reserva Natural Cañon de Rio Claro El Refugio. On your way you get to see amazing views. An English speaking guide will show you around. In the Reserva you can see how the earth works and how fragile it is. In this place, there are caves with stalactites and stalagmites, waiting to be explored by you. You will enjoy your lunch here, and after lunch you get to choose between three adventurous activities; kayaking, rafting or via ferrata.
Day 4 (B):
GUATAPÉ, PIEDRA DEL PEÑOL, ANTIOQUIA REGION
Today, you have a day trip to Guatapé and Piedra del Peñol. An English speaking guide will show you around. It will take you 700 steps to reach the top, but the view over Guatapé is worth every step. Then you will continue to the village of Guatapé, where you will have a walking tour and where you will enjoy the colourful surroundings and decoration of the typical colonial architecture of the Antioquia region.
Day 5 (B):
Today you will be brought back to the airport.
Accommodation in Medellín and breakfast.
Tours as mentioned in the itinerary
Day trip to Rio Claro (Including two hour rafting or kayaking)
Private transport during the program
Food and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
Tips for the guide
$ 899 p.p. based on 4 guests
$ 1.168 p.p. based on 2 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This Colombia tour is a Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different guide every day. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.