5 DAY CLASSIC ISABELA ISLAND TOUR
This Classic Isabela Galapagos Tour is a very interesting program that covers most of your interests. Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a tour with all the highlights of Isabela island. Take a look at Flamingos in their natural habitat, hike up an enormous volcanic caldera, meet the famous Galapagos Giant Turtles, snorkel in the magnificent Tintoreras Islet, relax with beautiful beaches and kayak along colorful mangroves.
5 DAY CLASSIC ISABELA ISLAND TOUR (59GPH5CL-MI)
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours flight). At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). Afterwards, you take the small public speedboat to Isabela. This will take approximately three hours and please note this can be a bumpy ride so you can prepare yourself with motion sickness pills and a waterproof jacket. Upon arrival in Isabela you will head to the Flamingo Lagoon, which is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the grand majority of flamingos. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (departure time 13:00 and later).
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you will take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles width and 300 feet depth. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel by bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla, where you can observe colorful fish, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* On this day you can also take a Snorkeling Tour to Los Tuneles in Isabela instead of a tour to Sierra Negra and Concha Perla (+70 USD pp)
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
TINTORERAS AND WETLANDS
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you will have a tour to The Wetlands, here you will visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center, where you will spot small and giant tortoises in their natural habitat. The next activity is a visit to The Wall of Tears.
From 1946 to 1959, Isabela was designated as a penal colony by the Ecuadorian government and prisoners were obligated to build a wall with enormous blocks of solid lava. Due to the arduous labour and hard conditions prisoners lived in, this site is known as El Muro de Lagrimas. Additionally, you will visit a small lava tunnel. “Tunel del Estero”, a 75m path with adequate lava plates ending in a staircase inside a lava tunnel. Above the tunnel you can see the intertidal landscape that offers a tapestry of Galapagos Sesuvium between “El Túnel del Estero” and Love Beach.
* Please have in mind that the total length of the walk in The Wetlands area is approximately 3 to 4 hours.
After lunch you will have a little break and then you will visit Tintoreras Islet. It is called like this due to a large crack, in which white-tip sharks known as Tintoreras come daily to rest at the bottom. You will have a transport which will take you to the pier of Puerto Villamil, here you will board a boat for 10 minutes to cross to the islet which is located across the bay. It will be necessary for passengers to use walking shoes or sneakers (closed shoes) to cross the volcanic rocks. You can also observe penguins, sea lions, marine iguanas and you can go snorkeling with colorful tropical fish, while enjoying the beaches of Isabela.
Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
KAYAK IN PUERTO VILLAMIL – ISABELA ISLAND HIGHLANDS
After breakfast your guide will accompany you for a relaxing and beautiful kayak excursion in the bay of Puerto Villamil. Here you will be able to spot various endemic animals such as Marine Iguanas, Sea Lions, and Penguins Isabela. Then you will return to the hotel for lunch and a short rest. In the afternoon, you will make your way to the highlands of Isabela and visit “La Cueva de Sucre”, The Mango viewpoint, and “Campo Duro” another place of giant tortoises. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or Hotel La Laguna
DAY 5 (B):
TRANSFER TO BALTRA AIRPORT
Early in the morning you leave the hotel and start your trip to Baltra Island. The boat from Isabela to Santa Cruz leaves at 6 AM. The program ends with the drop off at Baltra airport, please note that your flight cannot depart earlier then 13.00 due to the long travel from Isabela.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at a standard tourist class hotels
All meals included. 4x Breakfasts, 4x Lunch (lunch boxes on outdoors activities) and 4x Dinners.
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
5 days / 4 nights – $ 909 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 days / 4 nights – $ 1.006 single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
All the Galapagos Classic Island Hoppings are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 1 PM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.