5 DAY GALAPAGOS DELUXE
The Galapagos Islands are a very unique destination with flora and fauna that you won’t find anywhere else in the world. If you are looking for a luxe stay on land this is the best program for you. The Travel Awards 2016 award-winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel lies just steps from Alemanes beach close to Puerto Ayora. To get to the hotel you have to take a boat ride of about 3 minutes to cross the bay of Puerto Ayora. Finch Bay is beautiful hotel with great service, good food, a nice swimming pool and design rooms.
5 DAY GALAPAGOS DELUXE (59GPH5-LU)
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers 5 day Luxe Galapagos program with relaxation, wildlife spotting and snorkeling and hiking. During the 5 days you will have three day tours, the sequence of the day tours depend on the availability. One day tour is over land. You either visit the Charles Darwin Station and Tortuga Bay or you visit the Santa Cruz highlands where you can see he giant tortoises. The other two day tours are “yacht explorations” or tours on other island. After breakfast you leave and you navigate to one of the pristine islands around Santa Cruz. There are four islands that you can visit, which one you go that day depends on the availability. The islands are Bartolome, Santa Fe, South Plazas, or North Seymour. All meals are included in this program; you either have the meal during the tour or in Finch Bay Hotel.
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra. At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). From there you take a speedboat to Finch Bay where you have lunch. You can enjoy the swimming pool or go to Alemanes beach, which is next to the hotel. Kayak and snorkeling equipment is available for you during your stay. Diner in the hotel. Accommodation in Finch Bay Eco-Hotel.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B,L,D):
DAY TOUR AROUND SANTA CRUZ OR YACHT EXPLORATION
SANTA CRUZ HIGHLANDS
Today you could have the tour to the Santa Cruz highlands where you fill find the giant tortoises. Depart from the hotel after breakfast and boat and pick up drive towards the Highlands of Santa Cruz with destination El Manzanillo. El Manzanillo is located on the natural path tortoises take every year as they either migrate to higher moist locations during the garúa season (June-September), or when they descend to the warmer lowlands during the wet season. The Galapagos giant tortoise (Chelonoidis nigra) is the largest living tortoise species, weighing up to 250 kg (550 lb). It plays an important biological role as the top grazer in its habitat. In the wild, these gentle giants slowly barrel their way through the plant cover. You will walk around at El Manzanilla, have lunch and visit the Lava Tuneles. Accommodation in Finch Bay Eco-Hotel.
TORTUGA BAY & CHARLES DARWIN STATION
With this day tour you will visit Tortuga Bay and the Charles Darwin Station. After breakfast you cross the bay by boat and from there it is only a couple of minutes until you reach the Charles Darwin Station. There is an interpretation centre open to the public and also one may view the tortoise rearing program. After that you will visit Tortuga Bay. The name is Tortuga (turtle in Spanish) Bay because it is the favorite place for the turtles to lay their eggs. The stunning white sand beach is considered by many the most beautiful in the Galapagos archipelago. You get there walking by a brick path of about 30-45 minutes. It is possible to snorkel, kayak or to just observe the birds and wildlife around the beach.
DAY 3 (B,L,D):
DAY TOUR AROUND SANTA CRUZ OR YACHT EXPLORATION
Today you will go by boat to one of the islands around Santa Cruz. Depending on the availability you go to North Seymour, Bartolome, South Plazas or Santa Fe. After breakfast you leave with a beautiful small yacht. Depending on the islands it is 20 min – 2 hours navigating to get there. Lunch is served on board.
North Seymour was lifted from the ocean floor by a seismic event, and its origins as a seabed give the island its low, flat profile. Cliffs only a few meters high form the shoreline, where swallow-tailed gulls sit among the ledges and rocks. Usually you find here the frigid birds. Sometimes you are even lucky to find a frigid bird with their beautifully colored inflated red sack.
Bartolome is famous for Pinnacle Rock, a towering spearheaded obelisk that rises from the ocean’s edge and is the best-known landmark in the islands. Galapagos penguins—the only species of penguin found north of the equator—walk precariously along narrow volcanic ledges at its base. There is a chance that you will see white tip and black tip sharks resting at the swallow waters around the beaches of Bartolome. Upon arrival at the island you will climb up the stairs to go to the viewpoint where you have the best views of Bartolome.
South Plaza Islaza
South Plaza is a small island full of fascinating wildlife, both along its shore and along its dramatic, wind-swept cliffs: sea lions, land iguanas, swallow-tailed gulls, Opuntia cacti and vegetation that changes colours according to the season. South Plaza is one of Galapagos’ most impressive visiting sites.
Santa Fe Island
Santa Fe offers one of the more beautiful and sheltered coves in the islands. Its turquoise lagoon is protected by a peninsula of tiny islets forming an ideal anchorage. The island lies to the southeast of Santa Cruz within sight of Puerto Ayora. Like North Seymour, Santa Fe has been uplifted seismically, and you can see underwater lava formations. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boats gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
Upon return at the the hotel a delicious diner will be served. Accommodation in Finch Bay Eco-Hotel.
DAY 4 (B,L,D):
DAY TOUR AROUND SANTA CRUZ OR YACHT EXPLORATION
Accommodation in Finch Bay Eco-Hotel.
DAY 5 (B):
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
Accommodation in standard double matrimonial or twin room in Eco-Hotel Finch Bay
All meals included. 4x Breakfasts, 4x Lunches and 4x Dinners
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
3 Day tours as described (2x yacht exploration, 1x day tour)
Kayak and snorkel equipment
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card (INGALA): $20 p.p.
Other food as not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 2.680 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 3.460 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
*For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This Galapagos Tour is a Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities. We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
* During christmas and new years eve there is an extra diner fee of 75 USD per person per meal.
Reference number for 2 travelers: 56GPH5-LU
Reference number for 1 traveler: 56GPH5S-LU