5 DAY ISLAND HOPPING CLASSIC – 2 ISLANDS
Situated in the Pacific Ocean, about 1.000 km away from the South American continent, these 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galápagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. Ongoing seismic and volcanic activity reflect the processes that formed the islands. These processes, together with the extreme isolation of the islands, led to the development of unusual animal life such as the land iguana, the giant tortoise and the many types of fish. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a unique experience of the Galapagos islands, the way we see them: as locals. This 5 day Galapagos Islands Tour is our Classic, first and maybe best of the island hopping programs we offer. You stay in comfortable tourist superior class hotels and you will be well taken care of with delicious meals, great guides, and a combination of awesome activities and free time to relax and explore by yourself with our self guided packages. This tour is designed for travelers who don’t want to be in groups all the time. The service at the islands is excellent because you will be welcomed by our English, Dutch and Spanish speaking coordinator with a meet and greet. You will receive a welcome package with all handy details and you will get your snorkeling equipment that you will keep with you during the whole tour so whenever you see beautiful sea where you would like to go snorkel you can go right away!
5 DAY ISLAND HOPPING CLASSIC – 2 ISLANDS (58GPH5CL)
The first step in your itinerary will be arrive to Baltra Island , where you will be greeted with a welcome package and transported to Puerto Ayora , but on the way you will have your first encounter with the stunning nature of Galapagos, as we will have a stop in Santa Cruz Highlands. Here you find giant tortoises in their natural habitat. The next morning you will travel by speedboat to Isabela Island. In here you will visit the Tintoreras islet, and have the chance to explore and snorkel the wonders of this island. Isabela has many paths and lagoons to discover the best of the Galapagos flora and fauna. The next morning you have free time to explore Isabela by yourself or to go on the optional Los Tuneles tour. In the afternoon you take the speedboat back to Santa Cruz where you can go Tortuga Bay or Charles Darwin Station by yourself. You will also explore the waters of Santa Fe or Pinzon Island (depending on availability), swimming with sea turtles, sea lions, and a handful of colorful tropical fishes. Finally you will say goodbye to the Galapagos on your way to Baltra Airport .
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours flight). At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora, but on the way, you will stop in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island to have our first encounter with the stunning nature of the Islands. You will be amazed by the Giant Galapagos Tortoises in their natural habitat, and the exotic flora and fauna. After check in at your hotel, you will have a well deserved rest and some time to explore the island, watch the colorful sunset, and maybe catch a sea lion sleeping in a park bench. Accommodation at Hotel Fiesta or similar.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B, L):
ISABELA ISLAND- TINTORERAS ISLET
Early in the morning, you will catch a speedboat to Isabela Island, where you will have a delicious breakfast and check in your hotel. You will also have some time to get familiar with the area, before you go to Tintoreras Islet. These rock formations are located in front of Isabela Island, and are home to two different shark species. Here you will be able to snorkel and discover for the first time the wonders of Galapagos marine wildlife. Accommodation at Hotel Albermarle or similar.
DAY 3 (B):
ISABELA- SANTA CRUZ
Today you will have a free morning in Isabela to walk around town or enjoy Puerto Villamil’s beach. You will have snorkeling equipment available all the time so you get to decide where and what to explore. After lunch, you will take a public speedboat to Santa Cruz islands (2,5 hours approx). In the afternoon you can go on a self guided walk to Charles Darwin research center, where you can learn more about his theory of evolution of species, and even visit the Galapagos Breeding center, where threatened species are born, until they are big enough to be inserted in their natural habitat. Accommodation at Hotel Fiesta or similar.
DAY 4 (B, L):
SANTA FE ISLAND SNORKELING
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in a curious panga ride and you will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. Also you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies and marine iguanas. Accommodation at Hotel Fiesta or similar.
*According to Galapagos National Park regulations and availability, Santa Fe island visit can be changed for another inhibited island.
DAY 5 (B):
Bye Galapagos! On the last day, you will have a delicious breakfast, and then your guide will bring you back to Baltra airport to catch your flight to Quito or Guayaquil. End of services.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at tourist superior class hotels
Meals as described on itinerary (4x breakfast, 3x lunch)
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide) during activities
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
Snorkeling gear during the whole tour
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.155 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.592 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
All the Galapagos Classic Island Hoppings are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.