5 DAY CLASSIC GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING
Situated in the Pacific Ocean, about 1.000 km away from the South American continent, these 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galápagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. Ongoing seismic and volcanic activity reflect the processes that formed the islands. These processes, together with the extreme isolation of the islands, led to the development of unusual animal life such as the land iguana, the giant tortoise and the many types of fish. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a unique experience of the Galapagos islands, the way we see them: as locals. This 5 day Galapagos Islands Tour is our classic, first and maybe best of the island hopping programs we offer. You stay in comfortable tourist class hotels and you will be well taken care off with three delicious meals a day.
The first step in your itinerary will be arrive to Baltra Island, where you will be welcome and transported to Puerto Ayora then you will travel by speedboat to Isabela Island. In here you will visit the Flamingo lagoon and hike in the huge Sierra Negra Volcano, then head to the Concha Perla’s bay for snorkeling. Our next activity is filled with adventure and fauna, Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center, and the Tintoreras Islet. Back in Santa Cruz Island a visit to the Charles Darwin Station will be the perfect place to learn about the unique remaining species of the Giant Galapagos Turtles and the life and death of Lonely George. Finally you will say goodbye to the Galapagos passing through the curious Twins Craters on your way to Baltra Airport.
DAY 1 (L,D):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours flight). At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). Afterwards, you take the small public speedboat to Isabela. This will take approximately three hours and please note this can be a bumpy ride so you can prepare yourself with motion sickness pills and a waterproof jacket. Upon arrival in Isabela you will head to the Flamingo Lagoon, which is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the grand majority of flamingos. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B,L,D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles wide and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel in bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colourful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 3 (B,L,D):
After breakfast, our guide will take you to what is said to be one of the best snorkeling places in the world, Los Tuneles. The water is shallow, calm and very clear- a sea sanctuary. A series of lava flows have produced unique geological formations, a series of arcs and tunnels underneath and above the water- a habitat for many local Galapagos Species. The entrance to the site is shallow and the waves can be strong, for this reason, the access can be complicated. You will have lunch on board and then return to Puerto Villamil. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
DAY 4 (B,L,D):
CHARLES DARWIN’S STATION – TORTUGA BAY
At 6 AM you will take the public speedboat to Santa Cruz then you’ll have breakfast and after you’ll go to The Darwin Research Station. It is known for its amazing turtles, born from only 3 inches to 4 feet long. These species of turtles tend to interact with each other and also with humans, showing their head for a pet. The new hatchlings are kept until they are approximately four years old and strong enough to survive on their own. Now one of the most beautiful and relaxing shores in Galapagos, Tortuga Bay, it’s a harmonic destination on Santa Cruz island with subtle and soft white sand, captivating blue waters, marine iguanas and flamingos. It is only 2.5 km from Puerto Ayora on a nice brick path (30-45 minutes walking). There is the possibility to return to Puerto Ayora from Tortuga Bay on a boat with an extra cost of $10 p.p. and you will also have to pay for the boat ride of the guide that is going to be with you on that day. Departure time at 16:30. Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 5 (B):
THE TWINS – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport, but on the way you will stop by The Twins, which are similar to craters, but formed by a collapse of the Earth because of the lava flows that passed below it. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at a standard tourist class hotels
All meals included. 4x Breakfasts: 4x Lunches: (lunch boxes on outdoors activities) 4x Dinners.
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
PRICE 2017 (if the tour is departing in 2017):
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.017 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.119 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
PRICE 2018 (if the tour is departing in 2018):
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.155 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.279 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.