5 DAY ISLAND HOPPING DELUXE – FIXED GROUP
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – DELUXE TOURS
Experience the magical Galapagos now through a deluxe group island hopping tour! These tours are created for travelers who want to experience the Galapagos in a more luxurious way. During these tours you will enjoy the highest levels of service and stay at the best hotels.
The Galapagos Islands are well known for the endless opportunities of exploring the abundance of life on the islands. Due to the remoteness of the Galapagos it was possible for species to evolve countless millennia. This archipelago is one of the few places on earth where there is such intimate contact with so much wildlife. The tour provides many benefits to local communities and is socially and environmentally responsible. Make sure to be part of this educational and inspirational journey of a lifetime in one of the protected marine wilderness areas in the world.
5 DAY ISLAND HOPPING DELUXE – FIXED GROUP (12GPH5-LU-FG)
During this island hopping tour you will visit the highlands of Santa Cruz which is in contrast with the beaches and arid lowlands found elsewhere on the island. On this island you will visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to see Giant Tortoises. Next to that, you will have the chance to snorkel with sea lions. The sea lions are common sight in the Galapagos. They might flopped out on a sandy shore or darting through the ocean with their rubberized twists and turns. Further, you will visit one of the snorkeling spots on the Galapagos, Los Tuneles. Los Tuneles is an area of naturally occurring underwater stone tunnels. The tunnels are the remainder of lava tubes and make the landscape look like something out of a different world. Moreover, you will have a hike at Sierra Negra volcano which is a large shield volcano at the South Eastern end of Isabela Island in the Galapagos that rises to an altitude of 1124m. It is one of the most active volcanoes of the Galapagos with the most recent historic eruption in October 2005.
B= Breakfast included
L= Lunch included
D= Dinner included
GALAPAGOS – ISABELA
Today you get ready to explore the most amazing archipelago in the Pacific coast and the place where Charles Darwin based its theory of the evolution of species. You board a morning flight from Quito to the island of Baltra. Once arrived, your tour starts with a pick up by our guide at Baltra Airport. After that you head to the town of Puerto Ayora, the biggest town in Galapagos. From here you take a fast boat to Isabela, the largest island in the archipelago and the place where the most volcanic activity in the Galapagos is reported. The island is formed by six shield volcanoes, Alcedo, Cerra Azul, Darwin, Ecuador, Sierra Negra and Wolf, five of them still active, and therefore the island is one of the most volcanically active places on earth. During your island crossing, you will be on the lookout for dolphins and whales (July to October).
Accommodation in Isabela Beach House or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L):
HIKE SIERRA NEGRA – SNORKELING TINTORERAS
After driving up from Puerto Villamil to the trailhead, you prepare your backpacks and hike into a young forest ecosystem, a world of recent geological history. Your destination is the rim of Sierra Negra Crater, an active volcano which last erupted in October 2005. Upon arrival, you take in breathtaking views and explore the circumference of the massive, lava-filled crater, over six miles across at its widest point. If you feel energetic enough, you can continue your hike to Volcan Chico, a secondary crater that has a wild landscape of puffing fumaroles and colorful lava formations, great examples of the dramatic geological events that have forged the Galapagos Islands over millennia.In the afternoon you will visit Tintoreras Islet, located at a short distance from Puerto Villamil and home to a great variety of wildlife. Its turquoise, crystalline waters are inhabited by white-tipped reef sharks, Galapagos Penguins, marine turtles and sea lions. One of its beaches surrounded by mangroves is one of the few sites where marine iguanas can reproduce successfully.
Accommodation in Isabela Beach House or similar.
DAY 3 (B, L):
LAVA TUNNELS SNORKELING – FREE TIME
Today, you explore the amazing formations of lava created by the last eruptions of the Volcanic Island along the seashore. This magical place is been used by the staff of BBC /National Geographic for their documentaries. It is a labyrinth of lava arches inside the breakers with crystal clear water full of huge sea turtles, eagle rays, sea lions, fish, white tipped reef sharks and more. Turtles navigate their own highway from the mangroves to the open sea through “Los Tuneles”. Over here, you will have the best snorkeling opportunity with all these beautiful animals, including the curious Galapagos penguin playing around.Before or after the trip, you can enjoy some optional activities such as snorkeling at “Concha de Perla”, kayaking in Tintoreras, taking surfing lessons, biking or just relax on the exotic white-sand beaches of Isabela Island. We recommend you to take some time to visit the giant tortoise breeding centre.
Accommodation in Isabela Beach House or similar.
DAY 4 (B):
SANTA CRUZ HIGHLANDS – CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION
In the morning you embark on a fast boat from Isabela to Santa Cruz Island. During your island crossing, you will be on the lookout for dolphins and whales (July to October). Once you arrive, you will check in at the hotel.
You will have time to visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to learn more about many of the endemic species you met during your adventure, as well as the ongoing conservation and management efforts on the Galapagos Islands. In the afternoon, you head to the ‘El Chato’ Reserve in the highlands of Santa Cruz, home to the famous Galapagos tortoise. Hiking through El Chato’s beautiful scenery with those lumbering giants is an unforgettable experience! You also see other highland wildlife such as pintail ducks, egrets, flycatchers and finches on your hike. You can also observe frigatebirds which gather to wash the salt off their feathers at a fresh water lake. You return to Puerto Ayora to spend the evening in Galapagos’ most populous town.
Accommodation in Angermeyer Waterfront or similar.
DAY 5 (B):
TRANSFER TO BALTRA AIRPORT – FLIGHT BACK TO QUITO
After your final breakfast on the Galapagos Island and the last photos taken of sea lions, you have a transfer to Baltra airport in time to catch the flight back to the mainland.
- Meals included as described (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox).
- Accommodation in a double private room at first-class hotels.
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. (cash only).
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card: $ 20 p.p. (cash only).
- Isabela dock fee: $ 10 p.p. (cash only).
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back).
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- For rent: rain boots (recommended for Sierra Negra hike between June – September): $ 2 p.p. per day (cash only).
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November): $ 10 p.p. per day (cash only).
- Optional tips for the guide.
This Galapagos Tour is a Fixed Group Tour which means you have the same tour leader and the same group the complete tour. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
OPEN DEPARTURES FOR FIXED GROUP TOURS 2018
July 9, 26 & 30
August 20 & 30
September 13 & 27
November 1, 13, 20 & 27
December 5, 11 & 27
$ 1.807 p.p. based on 2 or more guests
$ 2.457 p.p. based on 1 guest
* Single travelers have a private room with a private bathroom.
* For children under the age of 12, there is a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/