5 DAY ISLAND HOPPING BUDGET
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – BUDGET TOURS
The Galapagos Islands archipel is a very special place in the world, read more about the islands through this link. The Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Tours are designed for travelers on a budget, who want to see the highlights of the Galapagos Islands, enjoy lots of activities and to enjoy an all inclusive package. You can have different English speaking guides every day and the groups (sizes, guides and travelers) can vary. You’ll stay in a standard tourist class hotels with a private room and bathroom. All tours include three basic meals (local Ecuadorian food) a day, transportation on and between the islands and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary. If you prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, you can let us know beforehand and get a discount of $ 10 p.p./per day. Departure is possible every day of the year with a minimum of 1 guest.
Check out travelers’ review videos on our Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Tours.
5 DAY GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING BUDGET (59GPH5B)
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers Galapagos Budget Island Hopping Programs with the highlights of the Galapagos Islands for a reasonable price. We deleted all the middle men that why we can offer great prices with our budget tours. You stay at tourist class hotels at nights and during the day you go on day tours to the different spots in the Archipel. Three meals a day are included in this program but you can also let us know if you don’t want to have dinners so we can give you a 10 USD discount per meal (only if you book the program up front without dinners). Find here the itinerary for the 5 Days Budget Island Hopping Tour. On this 5 day program, you will experience the highlights of the Galapagos with the Flamingo Lagoon, Sierra Negra volcano, Concha Perla, Charles Darwin Station, Tortuga Bay and Santa Fe island.
DAY 1 (L, D):
BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ ISLAND – ISABELA ISLAND – FLAMINGO LAGOON
It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to Baltra airport to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour.
Option 1: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra before 11:30
At Baltra airport, an English speaking guide will pick you up to go to the port of Puerto Ayora (about 1 hour) where you can enjoy your lunch. Around 14.00, you’ll take the small public speedboat to Isabela Island (about 2,5 hours). This can be a bumpy, wet ride so provide yourself a waterproof jacket and motion sickness medication if necessary. Upon arrival on Isabela Island, a driver will pick you up and you’ll either visit to the Flamingo Lagoon (short visit) and after that you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
Hotel: Hotel San Vicente or similar.
Option 2: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra after 11:30
If your flight is scheduled to arrive after 11:30, you’ll stay at Santa Cruz Island on the first day because the last speedboat to Isabela Island leaves around 14:00. Please note that you won’t have lunch if you arrive after 2 PM. If you have time you have an activity (Tortuga Bay or Charles Darwin Station).
Hotel: Hotel Fernandina or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles wide and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel in the bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater, you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colorful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles.
Hotel: Hotel San Vicente or similar.
* Upgrade option: Los Tuneles snorkeling
This day you can also take a snorkeling tour to Los Túneles instead of hiking to Sierra Negra and snorkeling at Concha Perla: + $ 70 p.p.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION – TORTUGA BAY/ BAY TOUR
At 06:00 you will take the public speedboat to Santa Cruz Island where you’ll have breakfast. Then you’ll go to the Charles Darwin Research Station where more than 100 scientists, educators and volunteers provide scientific knowledge and assistance to ensure the conservation of the environment and biodiversity of Galapagos. The guides will explain more about the famous giant tortoises. After lunch at a local restaurant, there are 2 tour options for the afternoon; Bay Tour or Tortuga Bay.
Hotel: Hotel Fernandina or similar.
Option 1: Tortuga Bay
Think: white sand, captivating blue water and observing marine iguanas, pelicans and flamingos. It is a 2.5 km (30-45 minutes) walk over a paved path from Puerto Ayora. You can swim here. It’s possible to return from Tortuga Bay to Puerto Ayora by boat. This costs $ 10 p.p. + $ 10 for the boat ride of the guide. The departure time is at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.).
Option 2: Bay Tour
With the Bay Tour you visit the highlights around Puerto Ayora by boat. The first destination will be “La Loberia” where you find sea lions. Next you will navigate for about 15 minutes to arrive at Punta Camaño Islet. Here you will snorkel with sea lions, large variety of fish also you will go on a channel where you can spot “Tintoreras” sharks and blue footed boobies. Your next activity will be a visit to the “Channel of Love”. This is another formation by fissure that result on a beautiful sleepy water channel with excellent scenic beauty. Finally “Playa de los Perros”. This is a 15 minute walk until you reach the beach where you will be able to observe lots of dog crabs colonies, lots of large marine iguanas on the island and unparalleled scenic views. Get an impression of this tour by watching the video:
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
SANTA FE ISLAND DAY TOUR
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the center of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in a curious panga ride, depending on the conditions, and you will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boats get on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. Also, you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies, and marine iguanas. After lunch, you will return to Santa Cruz Island to rest and relax in the hotel. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
Hotel: Hotel Fernandina or similar.
DAY 5 (B):
THE TWINS – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport, but on the way, you will stop by The Twin craters, which are similar to craters, but formed by a collapse of the Earth because of the lava flows that passed below it. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
- All meals are included (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Accommodation in double/single private room at standard tourist class hotels.
- Airport pick up and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. cash only.
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card $ 20 p.p. – cash only.
- Isabela dock fee $ 10 p.p. cash only.
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back)
- Personal travel & health insurance
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November) $ 5 p.p. per day – cash only
- For rent: rain boots (recommended for Sierra Negra hike between June – September) $ 2 p.p. per day
- Optional tips for the guide
With Rebecca Adventure Travel there are different travel styles possible. All the Budget Galapagos Island Hopping tours are shared group tours. The shared group tours are a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. Every group day tour will have different travelers. You can have a different driver/guide every day. There are different tour coordinators on every island. You can start this tour every day of the year.
For 2 travelers or more: USD 1,139 p.p.
For a single traveler: USD 1,252 p.p.
* Single travelers have a private room with a private bathroom.
* For children under the age of 12, there is a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
* Optional: snorkeling tour to Los Túneles on the third day: $ 70 p.p.
* Optional: dinner outside of the hotel: discount of $ 10 p.p./per day.
If you depart in 2018 use the code “WINTERSALE5DGPS” in your booking and get a 5% discount on your Galapagos Island Hopping program!
How to obtain this discount?
1. Click on the “book now” button on the tour page
2. Fill out your departure date and number of guests and click on request booking
3. Below creditcard details click on “redeem discount code”
4. Enter WINTERSALE5DGPS in discount code box
EXTRA INFO ABOUT THIS TOUR
- It is recommend to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled and you cannot make it to Puerto Ayora in time to take the last speedboat to Isabela Island, which departs around 14:00, the team assist you with finding accommodation on Santa Cruz Island but this will be on your own expense. You will miss the planned activities.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- All meals consist of basic, local Ecuadorian food. If you prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, you can get a discount of $ 10 p.p./per day. Please let us know beforehand if you want this option.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing you teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat pealed fruits, … ).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/