5 DAY BUDGET GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING
Situated in the Pacific Ocean, about 1.000 km away from the South American continent, these 19 islands and the surrounding marine reserve have been called a unique ‘living museum and showcase of evolution’. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galápagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. Ongoing seismic and volcanic activity reflect the processes that formed the islands. These processes, together with the extreme isolation of the islands, led to the development of unusual animal life such as the land iguana, the giant tortoise and the many types of finch. These animals inspired Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection after his visit in 1835.
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers Galapagos Budget Island Hopping Programs with the highlights of the Galapagos Islands for a reasonable price. We deleted all the middle men that why we can offer great prices with our budget tours. You stay at tourist – tourist superior class hotels at nights and during the day you go on day tours to the different spots in the archipel. Three meals a day are included in this program but you can also let us know if you don’t want to have dinners so we can give you a 5 USD discount per meal (only if you book the program upfront without dinners), unfortunately it is not possible to give you 5 USD back whenever you are already on the islands. Find here the itinerary for the 5 Days Budget Island Hopping Tour.
On this 5 day program you will experience the highlights of the Galapagos with the Flamingo Lagoon, Sierra Negra volcano, Concha Perla, Charles Darwin Station, Tortuga Bay and Santa Fe island.
DAY 1 (D):
QUITO/GUAYAQUIL – BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ – ISABELA – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Early in the morning you fly from Quito or Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours flight). At the Baltra airport, you meet up with our English speaking guide who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island). Afterwards, you take the small public speedboat to Isabela. This will take approximately three hours and please note this can be a bumpy ride so you can prepare yourself with motion sickness pills and a waterproof jacket. Upon arrival in Isabela you will head to the Flamingo Lagoon, which is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the grand majority of flamingos. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 2 (B,L,D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREK – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. The Sierra Negra Volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, with 6 miles wide and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight you will travel in bus for 45 minutes to the Galapagos National Park, where you begin the hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano This hike takes approximately 4 hours, it starts at 870 meters of altitude and at the top of the crater you will have reached 1040 m. You will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you’ll have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colorful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles. Accommodation at Hotel San Vicente or La Laguna Hotel.
On this day you can also take a Great Snorkeling Tour to Los Tuneles in Isabela instead of a tour to Sierra Negra and Concha Perla (+70 USD pp)
DAY 3 (B,L,D):
CHARLES DARWIN’S STATION – TORTUGA BAY
At 6 AM you will take the public speedboat to Santa Cruz then you’ll have breakfast and after you’ll go to The Darwin Research Station. It is known for its amazing turtles, born from only 3 inches to 4 feet long. These species of turtles tend to interact with each other and also with humans, showing their head for a pet. The new hatchlings are kept until they are approximately four years old and strong enough to survive on their own. Now one of the most beautiful and relaxing shores in Galapagos, Tortuga Bay, it’s a harmonic destination on Santa Cruz island with subtle and soft white sand, captivating blue waters, marine iguanas and flamingos. It is only 2.5 km from Puerto Ayora on a nice brick path (30-45 minutes walking). There is the possibility to return to Puerto Ayora from Tortuga Bay on a boat with an extra cost of $10 p.p. and you will also have to pay for the boat ride of the guide that is going to be with you on that day. Departure time at 16:30. Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 4 (B,L,D):
SANTA FE ISLAND DAY TOUR
After breakfast you will travel to Santa Fe Island which is also called Barrington Island after Admiral Samuel Barrington, is a small island of 24 km² which lies in the centre of the Galapagos archipelago. Geologically, it is one of the oldest islands in the archipelago, since volcanic rocks from about 4 million years old have been found here. The vegetation of the island is characterized by brush, palo santo trees and stands of a large variety of the prickly pear cactus and Opuntia echios. Among animals, Santa Fe is home to endemic species: the Barrington Land Iguana (Conolophus pallidus) and the Santa Fe Rice Rat (Aegialomys galapagoensis bauri). You will enter the bay of Santa Fe in a curious panga ride and you will start the trip with a very nice snorkeling activity, here you will be able to see beautiful wildlife and majestic cliffs. You have a “wet landing” here which means there is no dock in Santa Fe, the boats gets on the beach and from there you will disembark in the sea so you bring shorts and shoes that can get wet. Also you will observe colonies of sea lions, blue footed boobies and marine iguanas. After lunch you will return to Santa Cruz Island to rest and relax in the hotel. If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes in Santa Fe please bring your own USB stick.
Accommodation at Fernandina Hotel or Dejavu Hotel.
DAY 5 (B):
THE TWINS – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport, but on the way you will stop by The Twin craters, which are similar to craters, but formed by a collapse of the Earth because of the lava flows that passed below it. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
Accommodation in double or single private rooms at standard tourist class hotels
All meals included: 4x Breakfast, 4x Lunch (lunch box on outdoors activities) and 4x Dinner.
English speaking naturalist guide (local Galapagos guide)
Transfer in and out from Baltra airport
Transportation between Islands
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Flight Quito – Galapagos – Quito
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Other food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
Optional tips for the guide
PRICES 2017 (if the tour is departing in 2017):
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 895 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 995 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
PRICES 2018 (if the tour is departing in 2018):
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.063 p.p. based on 2 guests
5 Days / 4 Nights – $ 1.176 p.p. single traveler fee (private room with private bathroom)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Please note that the food during the tour is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities (if your departure flight is also late in the afternoon). We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* You will have different guides during the day tours of the program, there are no guides on the transportation between islands. There are coordinators on the different islands.
* There might be last minute Galapagos cruise deals available, please contact us for more info.
* Please try to bring small bags and luggage, The Galapagos public transportation is on average small and it takes more time and space when you bring large baggage.
* This itinerary is fixed, it can’t be changed. If you are looking for a customized itinerary, please send us an email.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.