5 DAY BIKEPACKING
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, so there is a lot to see and to do for sports lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture. The Andes packages, offer perfect possibilities for you to discover the adventurer in yourself. You can explore Ecuador and learn more about its culture by mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking and discover beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks.There is so much to explore, so what are you waiting for? Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
5 DAY BIKEPACKING (12BIPACK5)
As the name already implies, bike-packing is a combination of biking and backpacking. This tour will take you on an unforgettable adventure in the Avenue of Volcanoes, in the Ecuadorian Andes. During these 5 days, you will engage in several activities such as biking, trekking, kayaking, wildlife, and culture. You will visit the fascinating sites in the Andes, such as the Cotopaxi Volcano, the Quilotoa Crater Lake, and the Indigenous Market of Pujili. During this trip, you will stay in 3 or 4-star comfort hotels, and for one night you will go camping in the Cotopaxi National Park! This exciting trip has a moderate to challenging level and the terrain differs from easy single tracks to cross-country dirt roads. The minimum age for the bike-packing tour is 14 years old.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (D):
PUJILI MARKET – QUILOTOA
The program starts in Quito, from where you will drive 3 hours to Pujili to visit the Indigenous Market. There you will learn about the traditional Andean food and products. Afterward, you will visit the Illinizas Ecological Reserve which is located at an altitude of 3180 meters. Here you will hike down to the beautiful turquoise colored Quilotoa Crater Lake which is a 45-minute hike. Your last activity of the day will be some kayaking.
Accommodation at Samay Kirutoa or similar
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
BIKEPACKING QUILOTOA TO INSILIVI
After breakfast, you will hop on your bike to continue your adventurous tour. You will follow a trail around the crater with an impressive view. Afterward, you will continue to a farmers town, following a dirt road. On your way, you can enjoy the fields of quinoa, corn, potatoes and fava beans. During the morning program you will mainly ride down into the Toachi canyon, and in the afternoon you will ride uphill towards Isinliví, where you will spend the night. At the end of the day, you’ll be on the bike for about 6 hours.
Accommodation at Llullullama Lodge or similar
DAY 3 (B, L):
BIKEPACKING INSILIVI TO LASSO
In the morning there are some optional activities such as milking the cows with the indigenous people. After your breakfast, you will continue the trip on a quiet dirt road. First, you will bike uphill for about two hours, and then you will go downhill where you can enjoy an amazing view of the rocky surroundings. You will follow a paved road which will lead you to the historical Hacienda where you will be spending the night. Today you will also spend 6 hours on the bike but it will be a lot of climbing, too.
Accommodation at La CIenega or similar
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
Today, you will ascend to an altitude of almost 4 kilometers in the Cotopaxi National Park. At first you will follow a dirt path along the local farms, and afterward, you will follow a paved biking lane. After two hours of biking, you will arrive at the reserve. From here you will follow a dirt road again, into the National Park. Then, you will (most probably) be able to spot the impressive Cotopaxi Volcano. This volcano is 5897 meters high and it is considered to be the highest active volcano in the world! There is not a lot of vegetation around the volcano, but the landscape is really breathtaking. During your ride, you will have lunch in the National Park, and afterward, you will bike to the site where you will be camping.
DAY 5 (B, L):
BIKEPACKING COTOPAXI TO QUITO
On your last day, you will ride along a single track in the National Park, where you can still see evidence from the last eruption of the Cotopaxi. During this ride, you will have fantastic views of the volcanic landscapes. You will stop for lunch along the way, and afterward you will continue your way to Sangolquí, which is on a cobblestone road. In Sangolquí a van will pick you up to drive you to your hotel in Quito.
Accommodation at Mercure Alameda Hotel or similar
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Professional equipment (Trek X-Caliber 9 bike)
- EPL certified Professional English-speaking Bike Packing guide.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- International flights
- Airport transfer
- Optional single room surcharge
- Mules at Quilotoa on the way back to the top of the crater: $ 8 (Optional).
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Optional tips for the guide.
$ 1170 p.p. with 6 or more guests
$ 1430 p.p. with 3 – 5 guests
$ 1430 p.p. with 2 guests
For more detailed information about this tour please take a look at this page.
This is a fixed group tour if you choose one of the open departures and a private tour with the same guide during your whole tour if you are going on another date. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- Cotopaxi Volcano is active at this moment. The park is open, but it is possible that the park might be closed some days. In that case, we will omit this visit.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/