5 DAYS ANDES & AMAZON PROGRAM
A trip through mainland Ecuador Highlights is pretty impressive. The country has four drastically different regions, the Andes mountains, the Amazon jungle and the Pacific coast and of course the Galapagos Islands. Each region has its own unique fauna and flora, climate and culture. The highlights of Ecuador trips let you visit two or more regions and take you to their most beautiful places. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
5 DAYS ANDES & AMAZON PROGRAM (12ANAM5)
With this 5 day program, you will see the highlights of the Andes and Amazon around Quito. This program is designed for travelers who like a bit of luxury and comfort. Our private transportation takes you from Quito to Cotopaxi, to Baños and to Tena where you will stay at an Eco-Lodge. You have English speaking guides and it is a mix of private tours and group tours. The hotels will be from tourist class up to tourist superior class.
QUITO CITY TOUR OR PULULAHUA CRATER AND MITAD DEL MUNDO.
After arriving, you’ll be picked up at the airport or in a hotel in Quito. In the afternoon, you’ll have a private city tour through the whole Historical Centre of Quito or to the Pululahua Crater and Mitad del Mundo. Finally, you will be dropped at Hacienda close to Cotopaxi where you can relax the rest of the day.
Accommodation in Hacienda Papagayo Sur or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L):
COTOPAXI NATIONAL PARK.
After breakfast, you’ll visit the Cotopaxi National Park where you can choose between the standard option hiking and biking but horseback riding is also possible. The Cotopaxi is an active volcano of 5.897 meters high and the activities will start on a level of 3.800 meters. In this National Park, you can spot many foxes, wild horses and sometimes even Andean Condors. Drop off will be at your hotel in Baños.
Accommodation in Hotel Floresta or similar.
DAY 3 (B, D):
BAÑOS – TENA.
Baños de Agua Santa, commonly referred to as Baños, is an Ecuadorian city in Tungurahua province. It is known as the “Gateway” to the Amazon region, as it the last big city still located in the mountains before reaching the jungle.The atmosphere is laid back and relaxed in this sub-tropical climate. In the morning you visit the famous “Swing to the End of the World” and the “Pailon del Diablo” waterfall. Transfer to the Eco-lodge in Tena where there will be served a delicious dinner. Afterwards, you can enjoy a special welcome drink and a relaxing chat with the administrator to coordinate and discuss next days’ activities.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge Cotococha or similar.
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
EDUCATIONAL HIKE – LA CASCADA DE LATAS
After breakfast, you will depart by canoe upstream for 10 minutes to arrive at a small shore, where you will begin a short walk for one hour. In here you will appreciate the jungle’s secondary forest, with its diverse flora and fauna species. After our short hike, you will find yourselves at a breathtaking waterfall: “La Cascada de Latas”. You can have a refreshing bath in its clear crystal waters and you can enjoy the surrounding views. Then you will return along the same way to have lunch at the lodge. After lunch, you will put on your rubber boots to start an exciting walk in the jungle’s primary forest. Get ready to find the secret wonders of the mysterious Amazon jungle, discover amazing plant species with medicinal properties, which will be explained in detail by your expert native guide; their characteristics and how the jungle inhabitants used them in ancient times. You will also observe a great variety of insects and small groups of monkeys, weaving around the giant trees, although you will need some luck to find them. After about three hours of walking, you will arrive at the Lodge again. At night you can have a dinner and a well-deserved rest.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge Cotococha or similar.
DAY 5 (B):
BACK TO QUITO.
Breakfast in the lodge and shared transfer back to Quito (or airport).
- Accommodation 4 nights in double room with private bathroom.
- Bilingual naturalist guide.
- Professional English speaking driver (except during drop off Tena-Quito on Day 5).
- English speaking guide included during the mentioned activities
- Pick up and drop off at Quito’s hotel or Airport.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Upgrades to luxurious hotel rooms.
- Optional tips for guide.
- Personal travel & health insurance.
$ 810 p.p. based on 4 guests.
$ 1.015 p.p. based on 2 guests.
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This day tour from Quito is a Shared Group Tour. This means you might have a different guide every day and some days you will be alone with your travel party and some days you will be with more guests. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Bring your own rain poncho otherwise buy it here in Ecuador and take it with you for the activities, because the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get wet.
- Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect Camera and important documents from the rain.
- If you like to enjoy watching Animals please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves.
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team.
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch).
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/