4 DAYS YARINA – YASUNI ECO LODGE
Yarina Ecological Reserve, is strategically located in the rain forest and has the highest micro-habitat diversity in the low Napo river side. This means that there are more species of animals, birds, plants, reptiles and insects per hectare than elsewhere across the Napo river. Yarina Ecological Reserve is located on just 60 minutes by motorized canoe from Coca city. The Napo river is the largest affluent of the Amazon river.
Every day of the week Yarina offers different types of activities. You can arrive any day of the week and choose between 3, 4 or 5 days for your stay.
After breakfast you will take a small canoe to navigate on the Manduro river, until reaching the Sapococha Lagoon. You will walk around the lagoon to enjoy the sounds of birds, frogs, monkeys, etc. You will also learn about different types of aquatic plants. Then you will return to the lodge to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Socali path, characterized for a variety of jungle lands. This path is used to introduce about the flora and fauna and the different types of forest. Then you’ll return to the lodge to have dinner and resting time.
Tuesdays and Saturdays (B,L,D)
After breakfast you will visit the Capibara path, an adventure trail with many swamps. In this trail you will see some particular palm trees that are impossible to find somewhere else. Then you will return to the lodge to have lunch.
In the afternoon, the local guides are going to teach you how to use the blowpipe. After this activity you will take a small canoe to enjoy some piranha fishing. Then you will return to the lodge to have dinner.
After breakfast you’ll hop on a canoe and go up river. Meanwhile you can watch some birds, butterflies, orchids and amphibians, until you reach the trail “Dos ramas”. You will take a short hike to learn about medicinal plants, birds and animals. Then you will return to the lodge to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you will take the Tucan trail. This path is characterized by its ease for birdwatching. There are recorded over 350 species of birds in this area. Then you will return to the lodge to have dinner.
Thursdays and Sundays (B,L,D)
After breakfast you will take the motorboat to go out of the borders of the reserve to visit an indigenous family of the “Quichuas del Oriente”. The guides will talk to you about traditions and costumes of these tribes. Then you will return to the lodge to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you will walk through the “Guatusos trail”. A new opportunity to learn from the guides about the utility of some plants, birds, insects and animals. Then you will return to the lodge to have dinner.
You can also choose the Tuesday afternoon activities instead.
After breakfast, you will go deep into the jungle, until you reach a small river surrounded by stones, sand, clay and other elements. In this place the guides will show you the techniques and instruments to make baskets to carry on heavy objects with Amazon resources. Then you will return to the lodge to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Socali path, characterized for a variety of different jungle lands. This path is also used to introduce another species of plants and animals. Then you will return to the lodge to have dinner.
Accommodation in bungalows with private bathroom.
Naturalist local guide Spanish.
Bilingual naturalist guide (Spanish-English).
Fluvial transportation Coca – Yarina lodge – Coca.
Complete meals as described in the itinerary.
Bottled water on meals.
Activities and excursions as described in the itinerary.
Rubber boots (only until size 43).
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish.
Transportation: Quito – Coca – Quito.
Personal equipment, flashlight waterproof clothing.
Extra food and beverages.
Tips and alcoholic beverages.
3 Days / 2 Nights – $370 p.p.
4 Days / 3 Nights – $470 p.p.
5 Days / 4 Nights – $570 p.p.
* Prices based on a minimum of 2 guests.
Here you can see an impression of the Luxury option at the Napo Wildlife Center:
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
Some important recommendations
* Please bring your own rain poncho or buy it here in Ecuador and take it with you for the activities, the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get very wet.
* Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect your Camera, and important documents passports and ID from the rain.
* If you like to enjoy watching animals please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
*It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
*The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
Please send us a message for more information and availability: