4/5 DAY SAN CRISTOBAL EXPEDITION
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – EXPEDITION TOURS
The Expedition Galapagos Island Hopping Tours are designed for travelers who like a combination of organized activities and explore other parts of the Galapagos Islands by themselves. Read more about the Galapagos Archipelago through this link. You will explore the Galapagos Islands with a combination of organized day tours with an English speaking guide and time to explore by yourself with our self-guided packages. The self-guided package is full of information, walking routes and useful tips. During this program you will stay in local tourists or standard tourist superior class hotels with a private room and bathroom. All tours include some meals, transportation on and between the islands and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary. Dinners are not included, which makes you free to choose what you feel like at that moment.
4/5 DAY SAN CRISTOBAL EXPEDITION (59GPH4E + 59GPH5E)
This 4- or 5- day program takes you to San Cristobal, the island with only 4.000 inhabitants. It has a small cozy port where you can go at night to walk around, have a drink or enjoy your meal. You will find sea lions everywhere and it is a true spectacle to watch them. There is a direct flight to San Cristobal 4 times a week from Guayaquil and the village of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno is only a couple of minutes driving from the airport. During this program you will experience the highlights of San Cristobal on land as well as on water. First of all you will be picked up from the airport of San Cristobal and then you will go on a self-guided tour to the Galapagos Interpretation Center, Playa Mann and Punta Carola. During the following days you will experience the nice beaches and underwater life by visiting Manglesito beach, Puerto Chino, Las Tijeretas and Kicker Rock. Kicker Rock is famous for its underwater life, and if you have your PADI certificate, it is even possible to dive here. Furthermore you will go to the highlands of Santa Cruz, and if you choose the 5- day program you will visit Punta Pitt on your last day, where you can find blue and red footed boobies.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
QUITO/ GUAYAQUIL – SAN CRISTOBAL – INTERPRETATION CENTRE – PLAYA MANN – PUNTA CAROLA
You take a flight from Quito or Guayaquil to the Airport of San Cristobal. Our guide picks you up from the airport and you will be brought to the Hotel (Galapagos Planet Hotel or Casa Blanca +25 USD pp per night). In the afternoon you can go on the self-guided tour to the Galapagos Interpretation Centre, Playa Mann and Punta Carola. It is also possible to arrange a private guide with an additional cost.
Accommodation in Hotel Galapagos Planet or Casa Blanca (+ $ 25 pp per night).
DAY 2 (B, L):
KICKER ROCK – ISLAS LOBOS
Early in the morning you depart on a speedboat to Kicker Rock (Leon Dormido). The volcanic rock is a home to different birds (Blue footed booby, Fragatas etc.) but in the sea you see the great underwater life wherefore the site is that famous. The natural erosion of this ancient cone has created a channel between the rocks that provides the ideal habitat to view a variety of sharks and rays including eagle rays, white-tip reef sharks, and sometimes even the Galapagos shark and hammerheads! After that, you will have lunch and you can swim at Manglesito Beach and you can spot the sea lions on Islas Lobos. You will be back in the port around 03:00 PM. Please bring enough mosquito spray, sometimes there are a lot of mosquitos at Islas Lobos.
Accommodation in Hotel Galapagos Planet or Casa Blanca (+ $ 25 p.p. per night).
* It is also possible to dive at Kicker Rock (two immersion) if you have your PADI certificate (+ $ 80) including equipment.
Rebecca tested the Kicker Rock snorkeling tour, you can see her adventure in the video below:
DAY 3 (B, L):
EL JUNCO – GALAPAGUERA – LOCAL ORGANIC FARM – PUERTO CHINO
This day you will explore the highlands of San Cristobal with a Spanish speaking private driver. It is also possible to go with a guide, but that will have additional costs. The first stop will be at the El Junco volcano, here you will all the way up to 696 meter to see the sweet water lagoon inside. San Cristobal is the only island of the Galapagos Archipel where there is a sweet water lagoon. From there you go the Galapaguera de Cerro Colorado, where you can find the San Cristobal Tortuga. You will have lunch at the beautiful organic finca “Otoy” (name of the plant which is the food for tortoises), where you can also hike for about half an hour to see the organic fruits, vegetables, coffee plants and the big canas (sugarcane). After lunch you go to Puerto Chino where you can enjoy the amazing white beach. In the afternoon the driver takes you back to your hotel.
Accommodation in Hotel Galapagos Planet or Casa Blanca (+ $ 25 p.p. per night).
DAY 4 (B):
TIJERETAS – DARWIN STATUE – AIRPORT TRANSFER
This is already your last day on San Cristobal. After breakfast you can go on a self-guided walk to Las Tijeretas (30 minute-walk) where you can find sea lions and the Frigid bird. Tijeretas is scissors in Spanish and they say that Darwin called the site Las Tijeretas because the Frigid bird has a tail like scissors. You can go swimming in the bay of Las Tijeretas for the last time. On the way you can visit the Darwin statue. From there you walk back to the hotel where our driver takes you to the airport.
*In case you booked the 5-day program: Accommodation in Hotel Galapagos Planet or Casa Blanca (+ $ 25 p.p. per night).
* DAY 5 ADDITIONAL DAY ACTIVITY (B, L):
It is also possible to add one day tour to Punta Pitt. This is a very special place because you find both red and blue footed boobies. There are only a couple of departures per week to Punta Pitt so we have to check the availability for your tour. At Punta Pitt you go snorkeling two times, you have a local lunch on board of the boat and you have a hike of about 1,5 hours where you find all the birds. This all with an English guide. The boat ride takes about 2 hours from the port to Punta Pitt.
- Accommodation in double/single private room at Hotel Galapagos Planet or in Hotel Casa Blanca (+ $25 p.p.).
- Meals included as described (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox).
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food, drinks & activities that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. cash only.
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card: $ 20 p.p. – cash only.
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back.
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November): $ 5 p.p. per day – cash only.
- Personal expenses.
- Optional tips for the guide.
All the Galapagos Island Hoppings are Shared Group Tours. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests during the group tours. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
4 Days – $ 693 p.p. based on 2 or more guests
5 Days – $1.081 p.p. based on 2 or more guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/