4 DAY QUILOTOA HOSTEL HOPPING & COTOPAXI
This program is famous for its tiny, traditional highland villages such as Isinlivi, Chugchilán and Quilotoa. An important centre for arts and crafts is the town of Tigua. The inhabitants of Tigua produce distinctive colorful paintings of Andean life in sheepskin canvases. There are plenty opportunities to walk in the Quilotoa circuit area and good day walks from all of the towns along the route. What makes the area special is that there are many hostels, even in some very small places. That is why this program is called ”hostel-hopping”. Depending on the day of the week you may be able to visit a local Indian market in the Cotopaxi region. These Andean markets are authentic and the center of the social and economic worlds of local towns.
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO – COTOPAXI NATIONAL PARK – ISINLIVI TOWN
Early in the morning your guide and private transportation will pick you up to head south along the Avenue of the Volcanoes. You will be an entire day at the Cotopaxi National Park visiting the museum and enjoying a hike through this wonderful world of the Ecuadorian paramo. Then visit the Limpiopungo Lake and continue to the refuge at 5,897 meters above sea level. The perfect cone-shaped mountain, covered in glaciers is rising heavenwards and with good weather, you can watch over almost all the peaks in the country. Afterwards you will have a lovely night staying over at Isinlivi town.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
ISINLIVI – CHUGCHILAN
Today you will go hiking for approximately 4-5 hours. After breakfast we will prepare the hike by putting the luggage on good looking, healthy horses. It is a comfortable trek going up and down, walking along Toachi River by crossing hamlets and cultivate valleys. An opportunity to dive into the life of local people and to enjoy the lovely Andean landscapes. You will go down to the canyon and from here a three kilometer climb until to reach the adorable town of Chugchilán. This small town is surrounded by a rustic environment full of authenticity. In the afternoon you are able to walk its few blocks by yourself.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
CHUGCHILAN – QUILOTOA – TIGUA
After breakfast you will get ready for a full day of hiking, approximately 5-6 hours. If you are inexperienced, you might need more time. The hike will be downwards until we reach Rio Sihui. You will cross footbridges and pass small villages such as Guamaya town, a perfect place to admire the Canyon walls and its complex structure. After the long journey you will reach the loop of Quilotoa lake. You will be able to take many beautiful pictures of this volcanic crater filled by an exquisite, emerald colored lake. This is one of the best treks in this area because of the stunning views of the lake. If your physical condition is not well, there is also the option to hike around the lake instead of going down to the lake itself. This will take less physical effort. Afterwards a local pickup car will take you to an old but charming hacienda to spend the afternoon with a local indigenous family. You can watch them milking their cows, ride a llama or just enjoy the ambiance.
DAY 4 (B):
TIGUA – QUITO OR SOUTH OF ECUADOR
Today a private transportation will pick you up after breakfast to take you back to Quito or to drop you off at the terminal bus station of Latacunga to go to the south of Ecuador. It is optional to go to your final destination with a private car, just ask (Extra cost).
Accommodation 3 nights based in home stays or hostels
English Speaking guide for the whole program
Activities as described in the itinerary
Meals as described in itinerary (3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner)
Private transportation for the first and last day
Horses to carry (only) the luggage
Entrance fee to Quilotoa lake
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Activities not mentioned above
Mules at Quilotoa for the way back to the top of the crater (Optional $ 8 p.p.)
Additional food or beverages
Transport to Baños or Riobamba at last day (surcharge applies)
Optional tips for guide
4 Days/ 3 Nights – $585 p.p.based on 4 guests or more
4 Days/ 3 Nights – $655 p.p.based on 3 guests
4 Days/ 3 Nights – $850 p.p. based on 2 guests
4 Days/ 3 Nights – $1510 p.p. based on 1 guest
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
* Cotopaxi Volcano is active at this moment. The park is open, but it is possible that the park might be closed some days. In that case, we will omit this visit.
* This tour can be also operated in vice versa.
* Home stays and hostels are subject to previous availability.