4 DAYS QUILOTOA HOSTEL HOPPING & COTOPAXI
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
The Andes, which is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons. There are a lot of places to explore and its perfect for adrenaline junkies, but also for those who just want to learn more about the Andean culture. Offering many Andes packages, you will have the possibility for you to discover the adventurer in yourself. In these tours, you will be able to do mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking and discover beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks. Let’s not forget about the Quilotoa, which has an astonishing emerald green lake, where you can hike down and by kayak be able to see the activity of this volcano at the middle of the lagoon. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
4 DAYS QUILOTOA HOSTEL HOPPING & COTOPAXI (13QHH4)
This program is famous for its tiny, traditional highland villages such as Isinlivi, Chugchilán, and Quilotoa. Additionally, an important center for arts and crafts is the town of Tigua. The inhabitants of Tigua produce distinctive colorful paintings of Andean life in sheepskin canvases. There are plenty opportunities to walk in the Quilotoa circuit area and good day walks from all of the towns along the route. What makes the area special is that there are many hostels, even in some very small places. That is why this program is called ”hostel-hopping”. Depending on the day of the week you may be able to visit a local Indian market in the Cotopaxi region. These Andean markets are authentic and the center of the social and economic worlds of local towns.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO – COTOPAXI NATIONAL PARK – ISINLIVI TOWN
Early in the morning your guide and private transportation will pick you up to head south along the Avenue of the Volcanoes. You will be an entire day at the Cotopaxi National Park visiting the museum and enjoying a hike through this wonderful world of the Ecuadorian paramo. Then visit the Limpiopungo Lake and continue to the refuge at 5,897 meters above sea level. The perfect cone-shaped mountain, covered in glaciers is rising heavenwards and with good weather, you can watch over almost all the peaks in the country. Afterward, you will have a lovely night stay at Isinlivi town.
Accommodation in Hostal Llullu Llama or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
ISINLIVI – CHUGCHILAN
Today you will go hiking for approximately 4-5 hours. After breakfast, we will prepare the hike by putting the luggage on good-looking, healthy horses. It is a comfortable trek going up and down, walking along Toachi River by crossing hamlets and cultivated valleys. There is also the perfect opportunity to dive into the life of local people and to enjoy the lovely Andean landscapes. You will go down to the canyon and from there do a three-kilometer climb until you’ll reach the adorable town of Chugchilán. This small town is surrounded by a rustic environment full of authenticity. In the afternoon, you can walk its few blocks by yourself and enjoy the rest of the day.
Accommodation in Mama Hilda or similar.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
CHUGCHILAN – QUILOTOA – TIGUA
After breakfast, you will get ready for a full day of hiking, approximately 5-6 hours. If you are inexperienced, you might need a little bit more time. The hike will be downwards until you’ll reach Rio Sihui. You will cross footbridges and pass small villages such as Guamaya town, a perfect place to admire the Canyon walls and its complex structure. After the long journey, you will reach the loop of Quilotoa lake where you’ll get the chance to take many beautiful pictures of this volcanic crater filled by an exquisite, emerald colored lake. This is one of the best treks in the area because of the stunning and breathtaking views of the lake. If your physical condition is not well, there is also the option with less physical effort to hike around the lake instead of going down to the lake itself. Afterward, a local pickup car will take you to an old but charming hacienda to spend the afternoon with a local indigenous family. You can watch them milking their cows, ride a llama or just enjoy the ambiance.
Accommodation with Host Family.
DAY 4 (B):
TIGUA – QUITO OR SOUTH OF ECUADOR
When you will finish your breakfast, a private transportation will pick you up to take you back to Quito or to drop you off at the terminal bus station of Latacunga to go to the south of Ecuador. It is optional to go to your final destination with a private car, you can just ask (Extra cost).
- Accommodation 3 nights based in homestays or hostels.
- English Speaking guide for the whole program.
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Private transportation for the first and last day.
- Horses to carry (only) the luggage.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Activities not mentioned above.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- Mules at Quilotoa on the way back to the top of the crater: $ 8 p.p. (Optional).
- Additional food or beverages.
- Transport to Baños or Riobamba at last day (surcharge applies).
- Optional tips for guide.
$ 585 p.p.based on 4 or more guests.
$ 655 p.p.based on 3 guests.
$ 850 p.p. based on 2 guests .
$ 1510 p.p. based on 1 guest.
- This tour can be also operated in vice versa.
- Homestays and hostels are subject to previous availability.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- Cotopaxi Volcano is active at this moment. The park is open, but it is possible that the park might be closed some days. In that case, we will omit this visit.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/