4 DAY ISLAND HOPPING BUDGET
GALAPAGOS ISLAND HOPPING – BUDGET TOURS
The Galapagos Islands Archipel is a very special place in the world, read more about the islands through this link. The Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Tours are designed for travelers on a budget, who want to see the highlights of the Galapagos Islands, enjoy lots of activities and to enjoy an all-inclusive package. You can have different English speaking guides every day and the groups (sizes, guides, and travelers) can vary. You’ll stay in a standard tourist class hotels with a private room and bathroom. All tours include three basic meals (local Ecuadorian food) a day, transportation on and between the islands and activities mentioned in the tour itinerary. If you prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, you can let us know beforehand and get a discount of $ 10 p.p./per day. Departure is possible every day of the year with a minimum of 1 guest.
Check out travelers’ review videos on our Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Tours.
GALAPAGOS 4 DAY BUDGET ISLAND HOPPING (59GPH4B)
You will be welcomed at your arrival at Baltra airport and a guide will bring you to the harbor of Puerto Ayora. A speedboat will take you to Isabela Island, where you’ll visit the Flamingo lagoon, hike the huge Sierra Negra Volcano and go snorkeling in the Concha Perla Bay. Back on Santa Cruz Island, you will visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, learn more about his Theory of Evolution and about the history and ecosystems of Galapagos. You’ll have a closer look at the giant Galapagos tortoises and learn about the famous tortoise Lonesome George, who died in 2012 and was the last one of his species.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ ISLAND – ISABELA ISLAND – FLAMINGO LAGOON
It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to Baltra airport to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour.
Option 1: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra before 11:00 AM
At Baltra airport, an English speaking guide will pick you up to go to the port of Puerto Ayora (about 1 hour) where you can enjoy your lunch. Around 02:00 PM, you’ll take the small public speedboat to Isabela Island (about 2,5 hours). This can be a bumpy, wet ride so provide yourself a waterproof jacket and motion sickness medication if necessary. Upon arrival on Isabela Island, a driver will pick you up and you’ll visit the Flamingo Lagoon (short visit). After that, the driver will drop you off at your hotel.
Accommodation in Hotel San Vicente or similar.
Option 2: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra after 11:00 AM
If your flight is scheduled to arrive after 11:00 AM, you’ll stay at Santa Cruz Island on the first day because the last speedboat to Isabela Island leaves around 02:00 PM. Please note that you won’t have lunch if you arrive after 02:00 PM. If you have time you will visit the Charles Darwin Research Station.
Accommodation in Hotel Fernandina or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO HIKE – CONCHA PERLA SNORKEL
After breakfast, you will take a guided excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano (1,490 m); the second largest volcanic crater in the world, 9 km wide and 90 m deep. You’ll drive for about 45 minutes to the starting point of the hike of about 4 hours. You’ll ascend from 870 m of altitude to 1,040 m at the top of the crater. A lunch box will be provided. Afterwards, you’ll go back to the hotel for a brief rest. Around 03:30 PM you can go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colorful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles.
Accommodation in Hotel San Vicente or similar.
* Upgrade option: Los Tuneles snorkeling
This day you can also take a snorkeling tour to Los Túneles instead of hiking to Sierra Negra and snorkeling at Concha Perla: + $ 90 p.p.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION – BAY TOUR
At 06:00 AM you will take the public speedboat to Santa Cruz Island where you’ll have breakfast. Then you’ll go to the Charles Darwin Research Station where more than 100 scientists, educators and volunteers provide scientific knowledge and assistance to ensure the conservation of the environment and biodiversity of Galapagos. The guides will explain more about the famous giant tortoises. After lunch, you will visit Bay Tour. With this tour you will visit the highlights around Puerto Ayora by boat. The first destination will be La Loberia where you find sea lions. Next you will navigate for about 15 minutes to arrive at Punta Camaño Islet. Here you will snorkel with sea lions and a large variety of fish. Also, you will go on a channel where you can spot Tintorera sharks and blue footed boobies. Your next activity will be a visit to the Channel of Love. This is another formation by fissure that results in a beautiful sleepy water channel with excellent scenic beauty. Finally Playa de Los Perros. This is a 15-minute walk until you reach the beach where you will be able to observe lots of dog crabs colonies, lots of large marine iguanas on the island and unparalleled scenic views.
Accommodation in Hotel Fernandina or similar.
Get an impression of this tour by watching the following video:
Note: This tour package includes only the Bay Tour but if you prefer to go to Tortuga Bay, it can be changed without any extra costs. Only if you let us know upon confirmation.
DAY 4 (B):
THE TWINS – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport, but on the way, you will stop by The Twin craters, which are similar to craters, but formed by a collapse of the Earth because of the lava flows that passed below it. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D = dinner).
- Accommodation in a double/single private room at standard tourist class hotels.
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
- Return flights from mainland Ecuador to Galapagos Islands.
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. (cash only).
- Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card: $ 20 p.p. (cash only).
- Isabela dock fee: $ 10 p.p. (cash only).
- Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back).
- Personal travel & health insurance.
- For rent: wetsuit (recommended between May – November): $ 5 p.p. per day (cash only).
- For rent: rain boots (recommended for Sierra Negra hike between June – September): $ 2 p.p. per day (cash only).
- Optional tips for the guide.
All the Budget Galapagos Island Hopping tours are shared group tours. The shared group tours are a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. Every group day tour will have different travelers. You can have a different driver/guide every day. There are different tour coordinators on every island. You can start this tour every day of the year. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 974 p.p. based on 2 or more guests
$ 1.071 p.p. based on 1 guest
* Single travelers have a private room with a private bathroom.
* For children under the age of 12, there is a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
* Optional: snorkeling tour to Los Túneles on the third day: $ 90 p.p.
* Optional: dinner outside of the hotel: discount of $ 10 p.p./ per day.
If you depart this 4 Day Budget Island Hopping Tour on a Saturday there is a special 10% discount. Use the code “SATURDAY4DAYGPS” when you’re making the booking and receive this 10% discount!
How to obtain this discount?
1. Click on the “book now” button on the tour page
2. Fill out your departure date (ONLY SATURDAYS) and number of guests and click on request booking
3. Below credit card details click on “redeem discount code”
4. Enter SATURDAY4DAYGPS in discount code box
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- If your flight is delayed or canceled and you cannot make it to Puerto Ayora in time to take the last speedboat to Isabela Island, which departs around 02:00 PM, the team assists you with finding accommodation on Santa Cruz Island but this will be on your own expense. You will miss the planned activities.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- All meals consist of basic, local Ecuadorian food. If you prefer to have dinner outside the hotel, you can get a discount of $ 10 p.p./per day. Please let us know beforehand if you want this option.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/