4/5 DAY AMAZON CUYABENO ADVENTURE
Rebecca Adventure Travel has selected several amazing Amazon tours, to make your journey to this diverse country complete. You can try to spot animals and make incredible hikes in several parts of the Oriente. Via this link, you can find all the different Amazon tours. This 4 and 5 Day Amazon Cuyabeno Adventure shows you one of the most pristine places on earth. The Ecuadorian Amazon Region takes up almost the half of the country, starting from the eastern slope of the Andes, the rainforest descends to the Amazon basin. It is defined by low altitude up to 1,000 meters, high temperatures between 25– 28 Celcius and daily rainfall.
Cuyabeno is a protected Wildlife Reserve of 590.909 hectares in the northeast area of the Ecuadorian Amazon rainforest. There are many different ecosystems within the reserve. You can see a lot of different plants, insects, and animals. Only in Cuyabeno, you can find 500 different species of colorful birds starting from tiny hummingbirds to the majestic Harpy Eagle. There are 240 different species of plants in one hectare, each one with a specific practical and medical use. Monkeys, Anteaters, Sloths, Dolphins, Tapirs, and Capybara, are just some of 165 species of mammals that live in the Cuyabeno Reserve. Amazing anacondas and caimans are 2 of the 91 species of reptiles found. The Cuyabeno Reserve provides home and habitat for countless plant and animal species as well as for local and Indigenous communities such as Sionas, Secoya, Kichwa, Shuar, and Cofanes.
4/5 DAY AMAZON CUYABENO ADVENTURE (04NICKY, 18DOL, 24GRFO, 37JAMU)
This program is designed for adventurous travelers who love to experience nature without being disturbed by cell phones or wifi. You will stay at a simple eco-lodge with fresh water, normal toilets, comfortable beds and a common chill out place. You will have three meals a day on long tables together with the other guests. Activities during these days vary between wildlife spotting by canoe, hiking, and swimming. Find more information about the program per day below.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
ARRIVAL LAGO AGRIO – ECOLODGE
Your excursion begins in Lago Agrio at 09h30. If you go by plane we will pick you up at the Lago Agrio airport at 09h55. If you go by bus we’ll pick you up at a central meeting point in town. You will travel by bus or truck approx. 1 and a half hours to reach “Tarapoa” town. After 20 minutes you’ll arrive in the Cuyabeno Bridge (the principal entrance of this Protect Reserve). You will immediately experience the beautiful landscape and wildlife around the river by boat (approx. 2 hours) until you reach the lodge where you will be welcomed with lunch. Then your excursion into the rainforest starts and along the beginning of the river, you can observe some species of monkeys and birds. Finally, you will arrive at the lodge. Time for a short relax and later an introductory walk around the lodge. After dinner, your naturalist bilingual guide will give you a briefing on the upcoming activities for the next few days and about the area.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
RAINFOREST – KAPOK ISLANDS
After an early breakfast, you start your journey because the brisk morning hours are the best time to see the rainforest’s thriving activity. You trek into the jungle with our Naturalist guide who will share his wealth of knowledge with you. You also have the opportunity to learn about how life in the tropical rainforest co-exists in a fragile balance. Botanic information emphasizes the use of medicinal plants, which has been taught by the local ancestors for generations. You also find some species of amphibians, butterflies, centipedes and millipedes, snakes, birds, monkeys or any footprints of mammals in the trail. Next, you will return to the lodge to have lunch. Later you navigate along the Cuyabeno River to turn around the Kapok Island trying to find more species of monkeys. You also have a good chance of seeing the freshwater pink dolphins (Inia geo-forensic and Sotalia fluviatilis). Before dinner, you venture into the forest to find species of insects, spiders, tarantulas, snakes or colorful frogs. The night world of the Amazon is perfect for spotting small species and enjoy the nocturnal sounds of the jungle.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge
DAY 3 (B, L):
SIONA TARABEAYA – NIGHT CANOA EXCURSION
After having breakfast at the camp, your first activity today will be the visit of the community Siona Tarabeaya where you can learn more about the preparation of artisan chocolate. Additionally, you can taste various tropical fruits and see the preparation of traditional bread that is locally known as Casabe. Your naturalist guide will explain more about the cultures and traditions of native people. Then you’ll have lunch and visit the Shaman, who will outline the ceremonies in the jungle. After returning to the camp, you will have dinner and finally, go to an exciting night canoe expedition in search of caimans.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge
DAY 4 (B, L):
CANOA EXCURSION – DEPARTURE LAGO AGRIO
The last early activity is a short canoe excursion to enjoy the sunrise over the jungle. This is a good opportunity for bird watching. It permits you to create the last memory of this wonderful place. After breakfast, you have time to prepare your luggage for the trip back. We navigate upstream to reach the Cuyabeno Bridge. A bus or truck will take you back to Lago Agrio, arriving at approx. 14h30 either to catch the Bus or the plane back to Quito.
Accommodation in Eco-Lodge
* If you chose the 5-day tour, dinner is included today.
*OPTIONAL DAY 5 (B, L, D):
NIGHT CANOE EXCURSION – LAGUNA GRANDE
For passengers going for long trip 5d/4n, the night canoe excursion will be on an additional day. Including a relaxing morning paddle in a traditional canoe on the river where you can enjoy and explore the uniqueness of nature and spot numerous monkeys and birds. After lunch and a short break in the camp, you will visit the Laguna Grande to swim and enjoy the sunset.
- Accommodation 3 or 4 nights in a double or triple room with private bathroom and mosquito nets.
- Bilingual naturalist guide.
- Transportation Lago Agrio – Cuyabeno lodge – Lago Agrio.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Tea, coffee, purified water (available all day).
- Activities and excursions as described in the itinerary.
- Rubber boots and lifejackets.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Transportation from/to Lago Agrio (Bus or Airfare).
- Cuyabeno National Park entrance fee is free.
- Entrance to the Siona community visit: $ 4.
- Visit the Shaman: $ 4.
- Rain poncho.
- Optional tips for guide.
- Extra food and drinks.
3 Nights – $ 310 p.p.
4 Nights – $ 360 p.p.
*For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
* Private bus transportation from Quito to Lago Agrio can be arranged for: $ 20 p.p (one way)
* 4 Days Tour fixed departures every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday.
* 5 Days Tour fixed departure every Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
* With 4 or more guests the tour can start every day.
This Amazon tour is Fixed Group Tour. This means you have the same group and tour leader during your whole tour. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
If you are a single traveler and you would like to visit the Amazon with our tour program you can do it without paying any extra single travelers’ fee at least if you willing to share your cabin with another person of the same gender. If you would like to have your own private cabin with your private bathroom it is possible but there is a single fee of 70%.
JAMU Lodge: $ 70 p.p. EXTRA
*Please send us an email if you want to book one of these lodges.
- Flights are not recommended, but if you want to take a flight, we recommend to take a flight one day before your tour starts to Lago Agrio.
- When you take a flight, we recommend booking the return flight after 15.00 pm.
- Some activities depend on weather conditions such as Caiman watching.
- Please bring your own rain poncho. In the Amazon, the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get wet.
- Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect your camera and important documents from the rain; a headlight, because at night it becomes very dark; and a bottle of water.
- If you like to enjoy watching Animals, please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/