3-4 DAYS COLOMBIA CAÑO CRISTALES
The Caño Cristales River is a unique biological wonder. Caño Cristales has been referred as the “river of five colors,” “the river that ran away from paradise,” and “the most beautiful river in the world.” Caño Cristales is located in a remote, isolated area. Intrepid tourists now can reach the nearby town of La Macarena and head in a few minutes to this exotic and wonderful place. You will stay in a luxury hotel with swimming pool to enjoy the comfort after the day tours.
Itinerary 4 days
Day 1 (L, D)
VILLAVICENCIO – MACARENA’S AIRPORT – CAÑO CRISTALES
In the morning, you will fly from Vanguardia Airport, located in Villavicencio, to La Macarena. Welcoming at La Macarena’s airport and introductory talk about environmental measures in the place. Then, you will be dropped off at the hotel and receive lunch in the village. By the afternoon, you will continue right after to Caño Cristales, the river of five colors, known as the most beautiful river in Colombia with scenic waterfalls and natural swimming pools. Today we will explore the other side stream of Caño Cristales, Brazo Pianos with its different colors, waterfalls and natural swimming pools; Caño Escondido, Cascada de la Virgen, Pianos, Piedra Diosa de la Macarena, Cascada de los Cuarzos, Paso Mojado, Tapetes. The local guide will show the best places to rest and to swim in the river. At the end of the afternoon, you will return to the village of La Macarena for dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 (B, L, D)
CAÑO CRISTALES STREAM
After breakfast, you will be heading to Caño Cristales on the same route traveled on day 1. You will take a 20 minutes boat trip over the Guayabero River where we will be able to spot a lot of endemic fauna, such as monkeys, pavas hediondas, lots of other species of birds, and, if we are lucky, also The Caiman of the Guayabero. You will continue in a 4×4 jeep for about 20 minutes, which will bring you to the Spring of Cajuche and visit the trail of Cormacarena or National Parks. You will have lunch served in the Bijaos banana leafs during the hike. At the end of the afternoon, you will return to the village of La Macarena for dinner night and rest for the next day.
Day 3 (B, L, D)
AGUILAS – CULTURAL INTEGRATION PROGRAM
On this day, you will have your next activity in Caños Cristales by traveling in boat and jeep again. On this day, you will be exploring a side stream of the Caño Cristales called ‘Aguilas‘. This side stream has also different waterfalls and natural swimming pools. On this day you will have the opportunity to swim in these as well. The guide will show you which spots are able to swim in. During the hike, you will have lunch and for the afternoon, you will return to the village of La Macarena for dinner. After dinner, there is an event of Cultural Integration Program. This event will present you the folklore and gastronomy of the region. There will enjoy the music and dances with the group. This activity is only held with a minimum of 8 people. This could be from the same group, as mixed with other visitor groups.
Day 4 (B, L)
PISCINA KAROL CRISTAL – LOS OCOS – PISCINA DEL TURISTA
After breakfast at the hotel, depending on the departure time of your plane, there will be organized an activity in the surroundings of the village. you will go on a boat trip over the Guayabero River, then by jeep to the starting point of the hike to Caño Cristales to discover 3 other spots Piscina Karol Cristal, los Ocos, Piscina del Turista. Activity will be chosen by the local guide depending on weather conditions and the available time including lunch. Afterwards, you will come back for your flight back to Villavicencio.
Charter flights Villavicencio-La Macarena-Villavicencio and airport taxes
Transport over land and river in La Macarena
3x Breakfasts; 4x Lunches; 3x Dinner per person
Accommodation in standard hotels
Local guides (Spanish, or English on request with supplement)
Park entrance to parks, 87000 COP per person (National Parks and Cormacarena)
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Transport Bogota-Villavicencio- Bogota (available upon request)
Tourism tax of 25.000 COP (approximately 9USD to be paid in cash on arrival)
Risk Management tax of 10.000 COP per person (approximately 3.50 USD)
Drinks and other personal expenses
Optional tips for local guides
English guide on request and depending on availability
3 days: $ 728 p.p. (with a minimum of 2 participants) *Please ask for the up to date itineraries due to the continuous changes in National Park rules.
4 days: $ 826 p.p. (with a minimum of 2 participants) *Please ask for the up to date itineraries due to the continuous changes in National Park rules.
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This Colombia tour is a Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different guide every day. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
What to bring to Caño Cristales?
- Good walking shoes which may get wet during the visit of Caño Cristales.
- Water bottle (hard-plastic material/non reusable plastic bottles are not allowed)
- Extra pair of shoes or flip-flops.
- Clothes for the hot and humid climate.
- Swimsuit, towel and extra dry clothes for after the visit
- Waterproof clothing
- Mosquito repellent
- Small backpack for personal items when visiting Caño Cristales.
- Pocket money (no ATMs / cash machine in la Macarena)
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* It is also possible to start and end this tour in La Macarena
* The itinerary can change due to weather conditions, orders from authorities or the limited access to Caños Cristales. In this case, alternatives routes will be arranged in order to do not miss the activities on the tour.
* There are a lot of hikes in a difficult terrain and rocky surface
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.