3 DAYS ANDES ADVENTURE
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, so there is a lot to see and to do for sports lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture. We have many Andes packages and Andes Adventure packages which offer perfect possibilities for you to discover the adventurer in yourself. Go to Quilotoa, to explore the shore of the famous emerald green lake. You can even stay at a Local Organic Farm! In the colonial capital of Ecuador, you can dive into the history of the city listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
3 DAYS ANDES ADVENTURE (25ANAD3)
Enjoy 3 days in the real Andes adventure. You will start with an early departure to the Cotopaxi National Park from Quito. The Cotopaxi is the highest active volcano with an iced peak. When there are no clouds, you have a beautiful view on the volcano. You will hike part of the tour at the “Limpiopungo” lagoon. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape. It’s a stunning experience to see the nature change slowly from dried volcanic ashes to a green landscape. The next day you will go to one of the most beautiful lagoons in Ecuador and South America, the amazing “Laguna Quilotoa”, together with its surrounding villages. The first stop on this tour is at the breathtaking Cañón del Río Toachi. This is a very photogenic canyon, on your route to Quilotoa. When you have arrived at the spectacular Laguna Quilotoa, you will hike down to the Laguna and back up again. Last but not least, you will drive to Baños, is an Ecuadorian city in Tungurahua province. It is known as the “Gateway” to the Amazon region, as it the last big city still located in the mountains before reaching the jungle. Tourists love to come to Baños for outdoor activities like rafting, canyoning, horseback riding, canopy, mountain biking or hiking. There is a beautiful route through the most impressive waterfalls of Ecuador, Ruta de las Cascadas. At night Baños is full of entertainment like pubs, restaurants, and bars, all within walking distance.
B = breakfast included
L = lunch included
D = dinner included
DAY 1 (B, L)
COTOPAXI HIKING BIKING ADVENTURE
Today you will go to your hiking/biking adventure to the Cotopaxi. There is an early departure from Quito at 07.00 from your hotel. The Cotopaxi is the highest most active volcano in the world. When is not cloudy, you have a beautiful view on it. From Quito, it is a two hour ride. You will stop on the way to have local breakfast. At the park entrance, there is a Cotopaxi Interpretation Centre to learn the basics of this great national park. You will start the hiking part at the “Limpiopungo” lake. The bike ride is about one hour and brings you into the beautiful paramo landscape. It’s a stunning experience to see the nature environment change slowly from dry volcanic ashes to green scrublands. If you don’t like biking you can also go horseback riding or just hiking but make sure to let us know with the confirmation of the reservation. Here you can find a video of this incredible experience.
Accommodation in Hacienda Papagayo Sur.
DAY 2 (B)
After breakfast, you will drive until you reach the cultural town of Quilotoa. The first stop on this tour is at the breathtaking Cañón del Río Toachi. This is a very photogenic canyon, on your route to Quilotoa. Continuing your trip, you will pass through the indigenous villages of the area, which provide a fantastic chance to see the TRUE ECUADOR. When you have arrived at the spectacular Laguna Quilotoa, you will hike down to the Laguna and back up again, in a stunning two-hour hike tour. It is possible to hire mules for part of the trek. There you will find one of the most beautiful lagoons in Ecuador and South America, the amazing “Laguna Quilotoa”, together with its surrounding villages. After enjoying a wonderful day, you will travel to Baños to stay the night and enjoy the nightlife of this city.
Accommodation in Posada J or similar.
DAY 3 (B, L)
In the morning, your driver-guide will pick you up at your hotel and then you will start your rafting adventure in the beautiful Pastaza River. If you prefer to go canyoning instead of rafting it is also possible but please let us know with the confirmation of the booking. After this amazing experience, you will be taken to visit The Paílón Del Diablo, or in English “Cauldron of the Devil” is a magnificent waterfall in the Rio Verde area, about half an hour from Baños. The Pailon Del Diablo is about 80 meters high and it’s one of the most spectacular waterfalls to visit in Banos and in Ecuador. After that, you will be taken to an iconic place in Ecuador, called The Swing to the End of the World. Located a few minutes away from Baños, this place is based at the top of a mountain, right next to the Tungurahua active volcano where a high-flying rope swing hangs from a treehouse called Casa del Arbol.
Accommodation in Posada J or similar.
- Accommodation 2 nights in double room with private bathroom.
- Professional and bilingual driver.
- Transportation from and to your hotel in Quito.
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Activities as described in the itinerary
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Bungee jumping: $ 15
- Canopy: $ 20
- Extra food and drinks.
- Extra activities.
- Optional tips for guide
This Andes Adventure tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 380 p.p. based on groups with 10 guests or more
$ 455 p.p. based on 4 or more guests
$ 600 p.p. based on 2 or 3 guests
$ 1.079 p.p. based on 1 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- If you would like to receive pictures that the guide takes during the rafting tour please bring your own USB stick.
- Important things to bring: comfortable, light and waterproof clothing, bathing suit, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is mandatory that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/