3 DAYS ECUADORIAN INCA TRAIL HIKE
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, where there is a lot to see and to do for adventure lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture.You can do mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking while discovering the beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks. For example, you can go through the Avenida de Los Volcanes, to see the volcanic horizon all around you; Or go to Quilotoa. You can even visit Ingapirca Ruins, which have a lot of history and architecture to show. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
3 DAYS ECUADORIAN INCA TRAIL HIKE (22EIT3)
The Incas made an impressive road system, which connected Quito, in the northern part of their empire, with Talca (south of Santiago, Chile). In the southern part of the Chimborazo province, it is still possible to follow one of these ancient Inca trails. This trek will take us along paramo highlands, remote indigenous villages, and enchanting mountain lakes, to the ruins of Ingapirca.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
PARAMO HIKE & CAMPING
You’ll leave Riobamba at 8.30 AM by car and drive south until you’ll reach the small village of Achupallas at 3300m. Here you’ll put your equipment on donkeys and then start hiking on the paramo grasslands. After about 4 hours of hiking, you’ll set up your camp for the first night at 3950m.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
CUCHILLA 3 CRUCES TREK – SANSAHUIN LAKE – PATOCOCHA
Today, you will hike for about 7 hours, starting with a climb from 3950m to 4400m. After 2-3 hours you’ll reach the highest point of this trek, called Cuchilla de Tres Cruces. From here you’ll have a stunning view of Sansahuín lake, one of the several lakes located in this area. Later, you’ll go down again and pass the Paredones ruins, which used to be a resting-place for Incan couriers. From here you can continue on the Inca road southwest until you reach Patococha at 3800m, where you pitch your tent.
DAY 3 (B, L):
You’ll continue descending to the south for approx. 4 hours. Soon, you can see the Inca ruins of Ingapirca, at 3160 m. Upon arrival, you will visit the archeological site and learn more about the culture of the Inca’s and the Cañari’s. From here you will return by car to Riobamba.
Below a video to get an impression of the Ingapirca ruins:
- Accommodation 2 nights in spacious 4 season tents.
- Naturalist guide.
- Private transportation from and to Riobamba city.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Coffee, tea, and purified drinking water.
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- Pack animals for all the equipment.
- First quality camping equipment and waterproof bags for the mules or donkeys.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- 4-season tent.
- Normal roll mat & Thermarest mattress.
- Warm sleeping bag with a sheet.
- Thermos bottle of coca tea.
- Rain poncho.
- Rubber boots for muddy parts of the trail.
- Transportation from Quito to Riobamba and back.
- Additional food & beverage.
- Entrance fee Ingapirca Ruins: $ 6.
- Optional tips for the guide.
- Middle-sized daypack.
- Good hiking boots.
- Sun cream with a high protection factor (50 or more).
- Lip Salve.
- Personal toiletry articles.
- Personal medicine.
- Water bottle.
*Available for rent:
- Middle-sized daypack: $ 3 (per day).
- Waterproof jacket: $ 5 (per day).
- Walking sticks: $ 5 (per day per pair).
$ 572 p.p. price based on 2 guests.
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This is a fixed group tour if you choose one of the open departures and a private tour with the same guide during your whole tour if you are going on another date. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Clothes: thermal underwear, warm trekking socks, long sleeved t-shirt and long trousers, fleece sweater, waterproof jacket and pants, wool hat, gloves.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Important things to bring: comfortable, light and waterproof clothing, bathing suit, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/