3 DAYS COMMUNITY STAY
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. Rebecca Adventure Travel offers many Andes packages, where you will be able to discover the adventurer in yourself. Get ready to explore this still active culture where you can also do mountain biking, hiking, climbing, trekking and discover beautiful volcanoes and mountain peaks. For example, you can go through the Avenida de Los Volcanes, to see the volcanic horizon all around you, visit Indigenous Community families and experience their lifestyle; Or go to Quilotoa, to explore the shore of the famous emerald green lake. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
3 DAYS COMMUNITY STAY (09COMS3)
This is a great program to experience the true Andes life experience. You will visit a local Indigenous Community/village high up in the Andes where you will stay with a native highlands family. The goal of this program is to achieve a great cultural exchange between (mostly Western) travelers and the Indigenous community people. The host families want to show the traveler an authentic way of life that comes from a different vision of the world. You will enjoy a new environment, experience a foreign lifestyle delight the closeness to nature and Indigenous community traditions.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO – OTAVALO – COMMUNITY HOME
Around 9.00 AM you will leave Quito with private transportation. After 2 hours you’ll arrive in Otavalo where you can introduce yourself to the indigenous culture and explore the indigenous market where typical local handicrafts are sold. From there it is about 1 hour more by car into the mountain to arrive at the local Indigenous Community. They will give you a warm welcome with a fresh lunch. Later, the local guide takes you on a hike and will explain the medical use of all the different plants. Additionally, you’ll be able to see the Yunta ritual (plowing of the earth with bulls). At 17.00 PM you will go back to your host family where you can help prepare dinner and eat it afterwards.
Accommodation with Host Family
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
IMBABURA VOLCANO HIKING
After breakfast with the family, you will go hiking to the Imbabura volcano. Today, you’ll enjoy your picnic lunch in the high paramo landscape! After returning to the Indigenous Community, a handicraft show will be presented and you can relax the rest of the day with your host family.
Accommodation with Host Family
DAY 3 (B):
After having your breakfast, it is time to say goodbye to your host family and you will drive back to Quito.
* There is an optional stop at the Equator (Quitsato).
- Accommodation 3 days / 2 nights in a community house.
- Naturalist guide and English translator.
- Private transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- Purified drinking water.
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- Entrance to Quitsato: $ 2.
- Additional food & beverages.
- Optional tips for guide.
$ 275 p.p. price based on 4 or more guests.
$ 400 p.p. price based on 2- 3 guests.
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This Community tour is Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different group and guide every day. You can start the tour when there is availability in the community. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Important things to bring: comfortable, light and waterproof clothing, bathing suit, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is mandatory that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/