3 DAY COMMUNITY STAY
This is a great program to experience the true Andes life experience. You will visit a local community/village high up in the Andes where you will stay with a native highlands family. The goal of this program is to achieve a great cultural exchange between (mostly Western) travelers and the indigenous people. The host families want to show the traveler an authentic way of life that comes from a different vision of the world. You will enjoy a new environment, experience a foreign lifestyle delight the closeness to nature and traditions.
DAY 1 (L, D):
QUITO – OTAVALO – COMMUNITY HOME
Around 9.00 am you will leave Quito with private transportation. After 2 hours you arrive in Otavalo where you can introduce yourself to the indigenous culture and with the indigenous market where they sell local handicrafts. From there it is about 1 hour more by car into the mountain to arrive at the local community. They will give you a warm welcome with a fresh lunch. After lunch the local guide takes you on a hike and they will explain the medical usage of all different plants. You also see the Yunta ritual (plowing of the earth with bulls). At 17.00 you will go back to your host family where you can help prepare dinner and eat it afterwards.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
IMBABURA VOLCANO HIKING
After breakfast with the family you will go hiking to the Imbabura volcano. In the high paramo landscape you will get a picnic lunch and in the afternoon when you return to the community a handicraft show in given.
DAY 3 (B):
After a breakfast it is time to say goodbye to your host family and you drive back to Quito. There is an optional stop at the Equator (Quitsato).
Accommodation 3 days / 2 nights in a community house.
Naturalist guide and English translator
Private transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
Meals as described in the itinerary (2x breakfast, 2x lunch, 2x dinner) and purified drinking water.
Activities as described in the itinerary.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Entrance to Quitsato ($ 2)
Additional food & beverages
Tips for guide
3 Days / 2 Nights – $275 p.p. price based on 4 guests or more
3 Days / 2 Nights – $400 p.p. price based on 2 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
This Community tour is Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different group and guide every day. You can start the tour when there is availability at the community.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* Important things to bring: warm, and also comfortable clothing, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.