3 DAYS ANDES IMMERSION
Embark upon this interesting and multicultural experience from the Andes life. In this 3 days tour you will achieve a great knowledge about indigenous people, their customs, their main economy stream and their kind attitude towards tourism. The tour is designed for guests who like a bit of comfort but who are not afraid to explore the real Andes life.
DAY 1 (L,D)
OYACACHI TOWN – HANDICRAFTS – VARIOUS LANDSCAPES
In the morning your private transportation will pick you up from the airport or from your Hotel in Quito. From there it is about 1,5 hour driving to the local village Oyacachi. This little village in the middle of nowhere is famous for its hot springs and the amazing handicrafts they make and sell for a very good price. After walking around and a dip in the hot springs it is time for a local lunch, then you hit the road again to drive through the incredible mountains. Dinner is served in a beautiful Hacienda with views over the Cayambe volcano, Cotacachi volcano and Cayambe city. You also spend the night here.
DAY 2 (B,L)
CAYAMBE FOOTHILLS HACIENDA – OTAVALO CITY – PEGUCHE FALLS
A delicious breakfast will be served at 8.00. After that you have time to walk around, to take a look at all the animals at the farm (llamas, alpacas, horses and cows) before your private driver takes you to Cayambe where you visit the local factory where they make the very famous Cayambe Bizcochos. Of course, you have to try these fresh bizcochos with cheese and dulce de leche. Next stop is the Otavalo Indigenous market where you can shop around and where you will have a local lunch. Next, it is time to visit the Peguche waterfall where you can hike for one hour. The driver will drop you off at Hosteria Casa Sol.
DAY 3 (B, L)
CONDOR RESCUE CENTER – QUITSATO EQUATOR LINE
After a good breakfast in Casa Sol you will drive about 20 minutes to arrive at the Condor Rescue centre where you can enjoy a great bird show with hawks, eagles and other birds. The Dutch owner is very enthusiastic about his non-profit organisation which his goal is to educate local kids about how to take care of birds and rescue injured ones. The majority of these animals will be set free again if the treatment is succesful. The last activity of this tour is a visit to the Quitsato Equator Line monument. The researchers of Quitsato will give you an explanation of the Inca ruins and other interesting equator facts. You will have lunch in a local restaurant before you hit the road to go back to Quito or the airport.
Accommodation 3 days / 2 nights in a deluxe Hacienda and in a comfortable tourist class hotel.
3 days of private transportation, also pick up and drop off to Quito’s hotel or Airport.
Meals as described in the itineraty (2x breakfast, 3x lunch, 1x dinner).
Activities as described in the itinerary.
Entrance fees to Hot Springs, Peguche, Condor Park, Quitsato.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Tips for guide
Additional food & beverages
3 Days / 2 Nights $ 285 p.p. with 4 or more guests
3 Days / 2 Nights $ 385 p.p. price based on 2 guests
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR)
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
* Important things to bring: warm, and also light comfortable clothing, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.