2 DAY MOUNTAIN PACKAGE
This mountain package tour will take you to some of the most amazing places in the Ecuadorian highlands. The Andes mountains are popular for its majestic landscapes, there is this fabulous set of volcanoes and we call them the Volcano avenue. Here you are going to see varied paramo landscapes, indigenous communities and various flora and fauna species.
MOUNTAIN PACKAGE (19QCQ2)
DAY 1 (B, L):
COTOPAXI BIKING – VOLCANO AVENUE VIEW
You start your first day of the mountain package tour at the meeting point in Quito very early in the morning at 7.00AM then you drive (1.5 hours) to the Cotopaxi National Park. You begin with a spectacular view of the Andean landscape and of course “Avenida de los Volcanes”. Once you arrive at the National Park you hike up to the refuge at 4,810m on the Cotopaxi volcano snowline. Depending on weather conditions you may keep hiking up to 5,000m where is possible to spot the turquoise glacier and then in all the path will have stunning views of the valley below as well as surrounding elevations and peaks. After a safety briefing you commence your downhill descent on mountain bikes! There are two sections to the mountain biking, the first of which we recommend to experienced riders. The journey finishes at the beautiful lagoon at the base of Cotopaxi. After that you will head to Hacienda Papagayo where you will stay the night.
DAY 2 (B, L):
This full day cultural tour begins with a visit to a local indigenous market, “Saquisili” (Thursdays) or the “Pujili”market (Sundays). Then the drive trip to “Laguna Quilotoa” an astonishing emerald coloured lagoon inside a large volcano crater (3,800m altitude) before reaching the Crater main point you’ll pass through the ancient canyon of Zumbahua town, where you can see many indigenous towns and farmlands. Arriving inside the crater you are going to be able to appreciate the vast and gorgeous lagoon landscape. Before lunch you will visit a local indigenous home where you’ll have the opportunity to interact with the inhabitants. The tour includes a steep hike down to the lagoons shore.
Accommodation 2 days / 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at “Hostería Papagayo” or similar characteristics lodge.
Professional bilingual guides
Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point (Plaza foch) at 7h00.
Meals as described in itinerary (2x breakfast, 2x lunch).
Activities as described in the itinerary.
Cotopaxi biking tour, mountain bike & helmet
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Mules at Quilotoa for the way back to the top of the crater (Optional $ 8).
Contribution to the community
Additional food or beverages
Tips for guide
2 days/1 night – $ 140 p.p. price based on 2 guests
2 days/1 night – $ 190 p.p. price based on 1 guest in a private room with private bathroom
This Mountain Package tour is Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different group and guide every day. This tour has fixed departures every Wednesday and Sunday.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Only departure on Wednesday and Saturdays
* Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.