2 DAYS MOUNTAIN PACKAGE
ANDES MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers a huge variety of Andes mountain tours in the highlands of Ecuador. The Andes is the longest continental mountain range in the world. It is filled with stunning volcanos and lagoons, so there is a lot to see and to do for sports lovers, but also for those who want to learn more about the Andean culture. We have many Andes packages, which offer perfect possibilities for you to discover the adventurer in yourself. Go to Quilotoa, to explore the shore of the famous emerald green lake. You can even stay at a Local Organic Farm! In the colonial capital of Ecuador, you can dive into the history of the city listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
2 DAYS MOUNTAIN PACKAGE (19QCQ2)
This mountain package tour will take you to some of the most amazing places in the Ecuadorian highlands. The Andes mountains are popular for its majestic landscapes, there is this fabulous set of volcanoes and call them the Volcano Avenue. Here you are going to see varied paramo landscapes, indigenous communities, and various flora and fauna species.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (B, L):
COTOPAXI BIKING – VOLCANO AVENUE VIEW
You will start your first day of the mountain package tour at the meeting point in Quito very early in the morning at 07:00 AM, driving to the Cotopaxi National Park for 1.5 hours. You will begin your trip with a spectacular view of the Andean landscape and of course La Avenida de Los Volcanes. Once you arrive at the National Park you can hike up to the refuge at 4,810m on the Cotopaxi volcano snowline. Depending on weather conditions you may keep hiking up to 5,000m where it is possible to spot the turquoise glacier and, additionally, in all the path you will have stunning views of the valley below as well as surrounding elevations and peaks. After a safety briefing, you will commence your downhill descent on mountain bikes! There are two sections to the mountain biking, the first of which we recommend to experienced riders. The journey finishes at the beautiful lagoon at the base of Cotopaxi. After that, you will head to Hacienda Papagayo where you will stay over the night.
Accommodation Hacienda Papagayo or similar.
DAY 2 (B, L):
This full-day cultural tour begins with a visit to a local indigenous market, Saquisili (Thursdays) or the Pujili market (Sundays). The next activity of this day will be the trip to Laguna Quilotoa which is an astonishing emerald colored lagoon inside a large volcano crater (3,800m altitude). Before reaching the Crater main point you’ll pass through the ancient canyon of Zumbahua town, where you can see many indigenous towns and farmlands. Arriving inside the crater you are going to be able to appreciate the vast and gorgeous lagoon landscape. Later, you will visit a local indigenous home where you’ll have the unique opportunity to interact with the inhabitants. After lunch, you will hike down to the lagoons shore and will be bringing back to Quito.
- Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at Hostería Papagayo or similar characteristics lodge.
- Professional bilingual guides
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point Plaza Foch at 7:00 am.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D = dinner).
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- Cotopaxi biking tour, mountain bike & helmet.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- Mules at Quilotoa on the way back to the top of the crater: $ 8 (Optional).
- Contribution to the community.
- Additional food or beverages.
- Personal health & travel insurance.
- Optional tips for the guide.
$ 160 p.p. price based on 2 guests
$ 190 p.p. price based on 1 guest*
*private room with private bathroom.
* This tour leaves on Wednesdays and Sundays.
This Mountain Package tour is Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different group and guide every day. This tour has fixed departures every Wednesday and Sunday. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at 4000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is mandatory that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/