2 DAY PUERTO LOPEZ & ISLA DE LA PLATA ”POOR MAN’S GALAPAGOS”
On 37km from Puerto Lopez, Isla de la Plata is a small, scrubby island of just eight square kilometers. Its name comes from the legend that the English explorer Sir Francis Drake buried a chestful of silver here in the sixteenth century – never discovered, of course.Today, the island’s fame derives more from its large population of marine birds, which are relatively fearless and allow close observation, attracting many visitors and giving it the sobriquet of “poor man’s Galapagos”. But this hackneyed phrase doesn’t do the island justice; it’s the only place in Ecuador – including the Galapagos – where blue-footed, red-footed and masked boobies are living together.
The most numerous bird species on the island is the blue-footed booby, though you can also see frigatebirds, red-billed tropicbirds and waved albatrosses (breeding season April–Oct), as well as sea lions, which are colonizing the island in small numbers. Visits usually include some snorkelling, which provides a glimpse of a fabulous array of colourful fish. You might also spot dolphins and manta rays on the boat ride, as well as humpback whales(June–Sept).
GUAYAQUIL – PUERTO LOPEZ
Pick up at the airport or hotel in Guayaquil at 9 AM and arrival at Puerto Lopez around 12 AM.
In Puerto Lopez you will have free time to explore the city and the beautiful beach.
Overnight in La Terraza Hotel
DAY 2 (O, L)
ISLA DE LA PLATA
After a good breakfast you will leave around 9 AM to Isla de la Plata. It is about 1.5 hour by boat from Puerto Lopez. At Isla de la Plata you will have the chance to see the blue footed boobies, turtles and tropical fish. During lunchtime you can enjoy the lunch box that you are getting from the hotel. At the end of the day you will drive back to Guayaquil where you arrive around 7.30 PM. You can be dropped off at the airport or at your hotel in Guayaquil.
Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at Oceanic Hotel
Professional bilingual guide
Meals as described in itinerary (1x breakfast, 1x lunch)
Activities as described in the itinerary.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Additional food or beverages
Tips for guide
$ 295 per person (minimum of 2)
This is a Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix between group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests at the group tours.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Important things to bring: appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.