2 DAY PUERTO LOPEZ & ISLA DE LA PLATA
2 DAY PUERTO LOPEZ & ISLA DE LA PLATA (61PLIP2)
On 37 km from Puerto Lopez, Isla de la Plata is a small island of just eight square kilometers. Its name comes from the legend that the English explorer Sir Francis Drake buried a chestful of silver here in the sixteenth century – never discovered, of course.Today, the island’s fame derives more from its large population of marine birds, and beautiful cliffs attracting many visitors. Commonly known to Ecuadorians and visitors as Poor man’s Galapagos, because of its resemblance with the Enchanted Islands and how close it is to mainland Ecuador. But this hackneyed phrase doesn’t do the island justice; it’s the only place in Ecuador –including the Galapagos – where blue-footed, red-footed and masked boobies are living together, as well as sea lions. Visits usually include some snorkeling, which provides a glimpse of a fabulous array of colorful fish. You might also spot dolphins and manta rays on the boat ride. As for whale watching, you’ll have the chance to see them if you go to Isla de La Plata between the months of June and September.
The most numerous bird species on the island is the blue-footed booby, though you can also see frigatebirds, red-billed tropicbirds and waved albatrosses (breeding season April–Oct), as well as sea lions, which are colonizing the island in small numbers. Visits usually include some snorkeling, which provides a glimpse of a fabulous array of colorful fish. On the boat ride way to Isla de La Plata you might also spot dolphins and manta rays, as well as humpback whales! (June–Sept).
GUAYAQUIL – PUERTO LOPEZ
Pick up at the airport or hotel in Guayaquil at 9 AM and arrival at Puerto Lopez around 12 AM.
In Puerto Lopez, you will have free time to explore the city and the beautiful beach.
Accommodation in Terraza Hotel or similar
DAY 2 (B, L)
ISLA DE LA PLATA
After a good breakfast, you will leave around 9 AM to Isla de la Plata. It is about 1.5 hour by boat from Puerto Lopez. At Isla de la Plata you will have the chance to go snorkeling, see the Blue Footed boobies, turtles and tropical fish. During lunchtime, you can enjoy the lunch box that you are getting from the hotel. At the end of the day, you will drive back to Guayaquil where you arrive around 7.30 PM. You can be dropped off at the airport or at your hotel in Guayaquil.
*If you travel within the months of June – September there is a high chance to spot Humpback Whales
- Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at La Terraza
- Professional bilingual guide
- Private transportation from and to your hotel in Guayaquil
- Meals as described in the itinerary (1x breakfast, 1x lunch)
- Activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish
- Additional food or beverages
- Tips for guide
$ 295 per person (minimum of 2)
This is a Shared Group Tour. This means you have a different guide every day and a different coordinator on every island. It will be a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests on the group tours.
- Important things to bring: appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/