2 DAY MINDO MOTOR TOUR
Rebecca Adventure Travel has selected several amazing Amazon tours, to make your journey to this diverse country complete. You can try to spot animals and make incredible hikes in several parts of the Oriente. Via this link, you find all the different Amazon tours.
2 DAY MINDO MOTOR TOUR (29MOTMI2)
The Northwest of the Pichincha province is very popular for nature lovers due to the richness in terms of biodiversity. Here, two of the most bio-diverse eco-regions in the world meet the Chocoan Lowlands and the Tropical Andes. Due to the influence and presence of winds loaded with water coming from the Pacific Ocean crashing into the western Andes, all the water is released in western slopes and creates a new ecosystem that we call the Cloudforest, considered as one of the hot spots of biodiversity on the planet. This means that you will find a region with very significant levels of biodiversity that is threatened by human destruction, with very high levels of endemism of plants and animals. Our destination will be the little town of Mindo, 80 km northwest of the capital city of Quito, located at 1250 meter above sea level, with 2500 inhabitants dedicated to agricultural activities, with a constant temperature between 15 – 24 c (59 -75 f). The main beauty of Mindo is the natural, protected forest “Mindo Nambillo” of about 19000 hectares (47 000 acres) of mostly primary forest, is an ecological reserve that will let you appreciate over a 170 species of orchids, 90 species of butterflies, and over 500 species of birds, and of course activities like canopying, tubing and hiking are possible surrounded by this natural environment. One of the highlights in the area is the Nambillo waterfall, natural spot that we will reach after an hour and a half of middle difficulty hike with a huge variety of flora and fauna that makes the trail more pleasant, natural oasis of about 15 meters (50 feet) high where visitors refresh themselves up on the way back, or use it for activities like rafting and canyoning.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D)
QUITO – PASEO DEL KINDE – MINDO
You will have a briefing in our offices in Quito, where the last paperwork will be filled, you will test the gear and the bike of your choice will be delivered. After a quick brief on roads, safety, and a quick guide, you’ll be ready to start your tour. You will depart at 09:00 AM after all the formalities. The first part of the tour is a ride of 45 minutes where you will arrive to a little town called Nono. This small town has a very interesting history and with its agricultural land will offer you beautiful colors.
When leaving Nono, you will pass the eco route ‘Paseo del Kinde’ or path of the hummingbird in English. This eco route is announced as the first important South American site of the world for birdwatching. Therefore, there is a high chance of seeing several species out of 400 in total, including 20 species of hummingbirds in the cloud forest. After passing the dirt road, you will get back to the main road that takes you to Mindo. Around noon you will arrive at your hotel and will enjoy a great lunch at La Bicok eco-lodge. Mindo and surroundings are also well known for its production of fine chocolate with cocoa beans from this area. By the afternoon you will have the opportunity to do a chocolate tour. During the tour, you will observe the different stages of preparation of the chocolates. Afterward, you will visit the butterfly farm where you will learn about these beautiful insects which are part of the biodiversity of the region. Around 18:30 you will be back to your hotel to freshen up and to have dinner. Accommodation in La Bicok Eco-Lodge
DAY 2 (B, L)
MINDO – MIDDLE OF THE WORLD – QUITO
After breakfast and checking, if your batteries are fully loaded, you will start your trip at 09:00 am. Today the adventure starts with a visit to the Nambillo waterfall with a cable car. Before you get there, you will have to follow different directions all over the town and walk through the exuberant forest for over an hour. When you arrive at the waterfall you have the choice to take a swim before going back to the cable car and heading to your next activity. To raise the adrenaline a bit more, you will do canopying so that you can understand and see a little bit more in what kind of forest you are in. Next, to that, you will be zip-lining which will take over more than an hour accompanied by the professionals.
Around 13:00 pm you will arrive at your hotel to have lunch before heading back to Quito. You will drive back to Quito around 14:00 pm, but before reaching Quito, you will visit San Antoni de Pichincha, also known as the Middle of the world. Here you will visit the museum and you will be able to do some exercises to experience the effect of the equator line. You will head back to Quito by 18:00 so you will arrive back to your own hotel by 18:30 pm.
- Ready to roll fully fueled unlimited Mileage Motorcycle Rental with all the toys installed. We do provide you with helmets (2), however, we know how comfortable a trip can be with your own gear, especially helmets and boots. We can store your helmets and boots until the end of your stay in Ecuador so it won’t be a hassle.
- GPS tracking system with a panic button on each bike for you to use, and with 24-hour assistance from our support center.
- Briefing over dinner the day before we start (here is where your adventure begins).
- Meals as described (1x breakfast, 2x lunch)
- Activities as described (Butterfly farm and zip lining)
- Support Truck for groups of 5+ riders.
- 25 lbs. waterproof saddlebags and a hard top case with its own lock.
- Joe Rocket textile water-resistant jacket.
- Waterproof touring gloves.
- Rain Tops (upper and lower body)
- Touring trousers.
- Set of tire repair and maintenance tools.
- First aid kit Guaranteed departure on the date.
- Pick up / drop off at your hotel in Quito.
- Cable car fee Voucher for a security deposit using a major card is required.
- Hotel accommodations before and after your tour.
- Entrance to Mitad del Mundo Museum.
This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
$ 413 p.p. based on a minimum of 2 guests
*For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount. Please contact us for the exact amount.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, bathing suit and a towel.
- It is also possible to stay the night at the Termas Papallacta resort. Please send a message to check prices and availability.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team;
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch);
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Any guide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/