2 DAY CUENCA & HACIENDA LA DANESA
If you have two days in Guayaquil and you don’t feel like staying in the city then, please, continue reading because we developed a great 2 day private tour for you! First, you will enjoy a day at the local hacienda “La Danesa” which is a working farm with delicious local food and fun activities. It is highly recommendable to take the tubing activity and to bike around the property. Besides, you can go horseback riding (additional costs). In the afternoon you will drive to Cuenca (3,5 hours) and arrive at your tourist superior class hotel (preferably Boutique Hotel Los Balcones). The next morning, you will visit the colonial city of Cuenca, capital of the Azuay province. It is widely regarded as the most European city in Ecuador due to its 16th and 17th century era Spanish colonial architecture. Therefore the city centre of Cuenca is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Trust site. After lunch you will drive back to Guayaquil where you will arrive in the early evening.
DAY 1 (B, L):
GUAYAQUIL – HACIENDA LA DANESA
At 9:00 AM you will be picked up at your hotel to drive to Hacienda La Danesa where you will arrive about 10:00 AM. You can choose between different activities, like doing the cacao workshop, biking, tubing, horseback riding or hiking. A delicious three course lunch will be served around 1:00 PM. After coffee or tea with fresh milk from La Danesa’s famous cow “Mantequilla”, it is time to drive further to Cuenca which will take about 3,5 hours. The landscape during this drive is beautiful; you will start at sea level and end up at 2.500 meters.
Accommodation in Boutique Hotel in the city centre.
Below an impression of the Colonial city Cuenca:
DAY 2 (B, L):
CUENCA – GUAYAQUIL
After a good breakfast in your hotel, the city tour will start at 9:00 AM at Plaza San Sebastián, the colonial city limit, then you will visit the Museum of Modern Art. After that, you will have a walk through the historical centre to see San Francisco market, Plaza de las Flores, the House of Culture, Abdón Calderón Main Square, La Cathedral Vieja and the New Cathedral. Afterwards, you will continue to the Panama Hat factory Homero Ortega with the straw hats. Yournext activity of the day will be El Barranco and finally you will visit the Turi viewpoint. After having lunch in Cuenca, you will start your way back to Guayaquil where you will be dropped off in your hotel in Guayaquil.
Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at a tourist superior hotel in Cuenca.
Professional bilingual guide
Private transportation with hotel pick up and drop off in Guayaquil
Meals as described in itinerary (2x breakfast, 2x lunch)
Activities as described in the itinerary.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Additional food or beverages
Tips for guide
2 days/1 night – $ 635 p.p. price based on 2 guests
2 days/1 night – $ 400 p.p. price based on 4 guests or more
All the Guayaquil tours are all Private / Individual Tours. This means you the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
* It is also possible to just take a day tour to Hacienda La Danesa. Find the program here.