2 DAY CUENCA & HACIENDA LA DANESA
If you have two days in Guayaquil and you don’t feel like staying in the city then please look further because we developed a great 2 day private tour for you. First you enjoy a day at a local hacienda. La Danesa is a working farm with delicious local food and fun activities. It is highly recommendable to take the tubing activity and to bike around the property. It is also possible to go horseback riding (additional costs). In the afternoon you drive to Cuenca (3,5 hours) and you will arrive at your tourist superior class hotel (preferably Boutique Hotel Los Balcones). The next morning you will visit the colonial city of Cuenca, capital of the Azuay province. It is widely regarded as the most European city in Ecuador due to its 16th and 17th century era Spanish colonial architecture therefore the city centre of Cuenca is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Trust site. After lunch you drive back to Guayaquil where you will arrive i the beginning of the evening.
DAY 1 (B,L):
GUAYAQUIL – HACIENDA LA DANESA
Pick up at your hotel in Guayaquil at 9 AM and arrival at Hacienda La Danesa about 10 AM. You can do to the cacao workshop, go biking, tubing, horseback riding or hiking. A delicious three course lunch will be served around 1 PM. After coffee or tea with fresh milk from La Danesa’s famous cow “Mantequilla” it is time to drive further to Cuenca. Cuenca is about 3,5 hours driving but the way is beautiful; you start at sea level and end up at 2.500 meters. Arrival in Cuenca and overnight in Boutique hotel in the city centre.
DAY 2 (B,L):
CUENCA – GUAYAQUIL
After a good breakfast in your hotel the city tour starts at 9 AM at Plaza San Sebastián, the colonial city limit, then you visit the Museum of Modern Art. After that you have a walk through the historical centre to see San Francisco market, Plaza de las Flores, the House of Culture, Abdón Calderón Main Square, La Cathedral Vieja, the New Cathedral. Afterwards you continue to the Panama Hat factory Homero Ortega with the straw hats. Then El Barranco by Tomebamba river, and finally the Turi viewpoint. You will have lunch in Cuenca before you start your way back to Guayaquil. Drop foff in your hotel in Guayaquil.
Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at a tourist superior hotel in Cuenca.
Professional bilingual guide
Private transportation with hotel pick up and drop off in Guayaquil
Meals as described in itinerary (2x breakfast, 2x lunch)
Activities as described in the itinerary.
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
Additional food or beverages
Tips for guide
2 days/1 night – $ 588 p.p. price based on 2 guests
2 days/1 night – $ 400 p.p. price based on 4 guests or more
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree on the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
* It is also possible to just take a day tour to Hacienda La Danesa. Find the program here.