16 DAYS ECUADOR COMPLETE ADVENTURE TOUR: ANDES, AMAZON & GALAPAGOS
This Ecuador complete tour will show you all the highlights of this so diverse country. You won’t miss a thing for sure! During this 16 day tour you will visit the 3 main regions of Ecuador: the Andes, the Amazon and the very famous Galapagos. The activities are adventurous and very diverse. In the Andes, where the indigenous culture is still very alive, you will visit the highlights from the nature, the culture and the colonial history. Meanwhile you can enjoy the volcanic horizon. In the Amazon you will try to spot as many animals as possible and you can even visit a tribe! At the Galapagos Islands you can enjoy the white beach and the blue waters, while seeing sea lions, flamingos, iguanas, many special birds and many tropical fish! We will make sure for you that when you go home, you will go home with many amazing and special memories, and a camera full of stunning pictures.
Itinerary Ecuador Complete Adventure Tour
At arrival at Quito airport, you will have a transfer to your hotel Fuente de Piedra.
Overnight at Hotel Fuente de Piedra
DAY 2 (B,L)
CITY TRIP QUITO – EQUATOR LINE – PULULAHUA CRATER
Today your Ecuador complete tour will start! In the morning, you will be picked up at your hotel, to start your Quito city tour. At first, you will go to the Panecillo Hill, with the famous Virgin Mary statue. You will have an amazing view over the city. Then you will visit all the highlights: the la Basilica church, the main squares and the San Francisco church. After lunch, which is a typical Ecuadorian lunch, you will go to the ”Mitad del Mundo” Museum called ‘Intiñan’. Here you can do experiments, to prove the effects the equator has on gravity. After this, you will also visit the Pululahua crater, before going back to Quito.
Overnight Hotel Fuente de Piedra
DAY 3 (B,L,D)
LAGO AGRIO – AMAZON
Today, you will take your flight to the Amazon. At arrival, you will travel by bus/truck to Tierras Orientales (2 hours), where you will start your canoe journey down the Aguarico and continue along the Cuyabeno black water river to your lodge (3 hours approximately). After dinner our naturalist bilingual guide gives you a captivating lecture. Overnight in eco-lodge in the Cuyabeno part of the Amazon.
DAY 4 (B,L,D)
CANOE EXCURSION – AMAZON HIKE – ANIMAL SPOTTING
Early in the morning, you will go on a canoe excursion. During the brisk morning hours you have the best time to see the rainforest’s thriving activity. After breakfast, you will trek in the primary rainforest with the naturalist and native guides, who will explain us about the practical and medicinal uses of the plants. After lunch, you will go out with either paddling or motorised canoes to enjoy the beautiful landscapes and try to find species of monkeys and dolphins. After dinner, you will venture in the forest to find species of insects and, with a bit of luck, species of snakes or frogs. Overnight in eco-lodge in the Cuyabeno part of the Amazon.
DAY 5 (B,L,D)
KICHWA BIRDWATCHING TOWER
An early activity will allow you to enjoy the nature with a good chance to watch some playful monkeys and some colourful birds. Then you will return to the lodge for breakfast. Then you will return to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast you will to the forest again. The native guide shares his wealth of knowledge, showing the medicinal and practical uses of the rainforest’s flora and fauna. Then you will have lunch. In the afternoon, you will navigate along the Cuyabeno River where you will have a good chance of seeing the freshwater pink and grey river dolphins (Inia geoffrensis and Sotalia fluviatilis) in a spectacular scenery. After that, you will visit the Kichwa Birdwatching Tower; here above the canopy you can see breathtaking views of the surrounding rainforest and you can observe a variety of species. These include toucans, parrots, monkeys and many more. After dinner, you will venture out on a night excursion to search for caimans (alligator family) and nocturnal birds. Overnight in eco-lodge in the Cuyabeno part of the Amazon.
DAY 6 (B,L)
RETURN TO QUITO
After breakfast, you will navigate once again along the Cuyabeno river towards the Kichwa Indian Community, where your naturalist guide will explain the culture and traditions of the native people, from the past to the present. Then you will travel by canoe down the river and back along the Aguarico River to Puerto Gregorio. Here, the bus will take you to Lago Agrio (arrival at 16:00 approximately). Back in Quito, a guide will take you back to you hotel Fuente de Piedra.
Overnight Hotel Fuente de Piedra
DAY 7 (B)
QUITSATO – BIZCOCHOS – HACIENDA PAPAGAYO
On this day, you will be taken to Hacienda Papagayo Norte. On your way, you will visit Quitsato. This is an equator museum, where you will have more explanations about the equator. Also, you can visit a local Bizcochos factory. This is a sweet or salty dough baked with local ingredients.
Overnight Hacienda Papagayo Norte
DAY 8 (B,L)
CONDOR PARK – OTAVALO – PEGUCHE WATERFALL
On this day, a guide will pick you up to go to a Condor park. Here you will learn about the birds and you can enjoy a bird show. After that, you will go to the Otavalo market, where you can walk through the market and enjoy the people and the local and typical Ecuadorian products that they sell. After the market, you will go to the Peguche waterfall. Here you can enjoy the forest while you are hiking to the waterfall. Afterwards, you will be taken to the airport hotel, because you will go to the Galapagos the next day!
Overnight at airport hotel
DAY 9 (B,L,D)
ISABELA ISLAND – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Early in the morning you fly from Quito to the Island of Baltra (about 2 hours). At the airport in Baltra, you will meet up with the English speaking guide, who will take you to the port of Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island) for lunch. Afterwards, you will take the public speedboat to Isabela, which lasts approximately three hours. After a brief rest at the hotel, you will head to the Flamingo Lagoon, which is the largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos and is one of the main reproductive sites for the grand majority of flamingos.
Overnight at Hotel San Vicente
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) and airport drop to Baltra airport off at the end day of the tour (any departure time is good).
DAY 10 (B,L,D)
SIERRA NEGRA ACTIVE VOLCANO TREKKING – CONCHA PERLA ISABELA
Early in the morning, after breakfast, you’ll take an excursion to the Sierra Negra Volcano. This volcano is located 13 miles from Puerto Villamil and has the second largest volcanic crater in the world, measuring 6 miles in diameter and 300 feet deep. To arrive at this incredible sight, you will travel by bus for approximately 45 minutes, to go to the Galapagos National Park. From here, you will hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano. This takes approximately 5 hours. The hike is demanding but very beautiful. You will witness amazing views, see special kind of birds and see special kind of vegetation. After the Sierra Negra volcano, you will go to the Volcan Chico, where you can feel the warmth of the ground as proof of the volcano’s activity. Here you will stop for a box lunch before returning to the hotel. After a brief rest in the hotel, you will have the chance to go snorkeling or swimming at Concha Perla where you can observe the colorful fishes, sea urchins, starfishes, sea lions, or even sea turtles.
Overnight at Hotel San Vincente
On this day you can also take a Great Snorkeling Tour to Los Tuneles in Isabela (+$70,- p.p.).
DAY 11 (B,L,D)
TORTOISES BREEDING CENTER – TINTORERAS
After breakfast, you will go to the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center. Here you will visit “The Wall of Tears” as well. From 1946 to 1959, Isabela was designated a penal colony by the Ecuadorian government. The prisoners were obligated to build a wall with enormous blocks of lava. Due to the arduous labour and harsh conditions in which the prisoners lived, this site is known as “El Muro de Lagrimas”. Additionally, you will visit a small lava tunnel and another Flamingo Lagoon. Then you will return to the hotel to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you will sail to Tintoreras Islet. It is called like this, due to a large crevice with very clear calm water in which white-tip sharks known as “Tintoreras” come daily to rest on the bottom. There are also penguins, sea lions, and marine iguanas to be observed. Snorkeling in these waters gives you an amazing experience. Due to the friendly character of the sharks it is possible to swim next to them.
Overnight at Hotel San Vicente.
DAY 12 (B,L,D)
PUERTO AYORA – CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION
After breakfast, you will take the public speedboat to Puerto Ayora. Here the guide will be waiting in order to check you in at the hotel. Immediately you will enjoy a wonderful visit to see giant tortoises in their natural habitat. After lunch in the Highlands, you will return to Puerto Ayora and you will visit the Charles Darwin Station. Here you will have the opportunity to get to know the history of the famous Lonesome George.
Optional: You may visit the town again at night for dancing and entertainment.
Overnight at Hotel Fernandina
DAY 13 (B,L,D)
THE TWINS – BALTRA
After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport, but on the way you will stop by The Twins. These are similar to craters, but formed by a collapse of the Earth because of the lava flows that passed below it. The tour will end upon the arrival to the airport where you will depart to Quito.
DAY 14 (B)
LOCAL MARKET – NATIVE FAMILY – QUILOTOA LAKE – TIGUA COMMUNITY
In the early morning, you will be picked up by a guide to go to Quilotoa. But first you will visit a local indigenous market and a native family. Then you will begin your hike down the lake to explore the shore with its vegetation and views. Then you will hike back up and you will have a lunch. After lunch, you will visit a local Tigua community, before you will be brought back to Quito.
Overnight at Hotel Fuente de Piedra
DAY 15 (B,L)
On your last day of your Ecuador complete tour, you will have a free day in Quito! You can explore this colonial city on your own, but it is also possible to book an extra tour with us for this day. We are always happy to help you or to give you tips.
Overnight at Fuente de Piedra
DAY 16 (B)
Today you will have a transfer back to the airport.
Flights to Amazon and Galapagos
Activities according to the itinerary
Transfers according to the itinerary
Accommodations according to the itinerary
Meals as described in the itinerary + one drink during the meal (water, soft drink or juice)
Professional and English speaking guide during tours
Entrance fees to Panecillo, La Basilica church, San Francisco church
24/7 assistance in English, Spanish and Dutch
Entrance to the community visit (Amazon) ($8 p.p.)
Entrance to the birdwatching tower (Amazon) ($4 p.p.)
Optional mules rent (Quilotoa) ($10 p.p.)
Quilotoa entrance fee ($2 p.p.)
Optional Kayak trip Quilotoa lagoon ($3 p.p.)
Galapagos National Park entrance fee: $100 p.p.
Migratory Control Card: $20 p.p.
Isabela dock fee $10 p.p.
Water taxi $1 p.p. each way (this is a small boat that takes you from the Speedboat to the Harbor and vice versa)
Rain boots $2 p.p. (recommendable for Sierra Negra between June-September)
Wet-suits rent $5 p.p. (recommendable between May-November)
Optional tips for guide
Extra food and drinks
$3299.-p.p. based on 4 or more guests
$3599.-p.p. based on 2 or 3 guests
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the customers so they can create the perfect holiday;
- The staff: the staff use their passion and own travel experiences to create tours of high quality;
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and are a unique and authentic experience;
- Tailor made: tell the team your preferences and they will create an unforgettable experience;
- 24/7 assistance: our team can be contacted 24/7 by phone in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch!);
- Insurances: customers will be traveling safely with Rebecca Adventure Travel because they are insured by Dutch guarantee funds (GGTO & VvKR).
* Airport pick up on start day of the tour from Baltra airport (any arrival time is good) is included. If you arrive before 12.00 you go to Isabela island on Day 1, if you arrive after 12.00 you stay at Santa Cruz island the first day because the last boat to Isabela leaves at 14.00. You will have a different sequence of the program but you won’t miss activities. We recommend you to book flights that arrive early on the first day and that leave late on the last day. If your flight leaves before 11 AM on the last day and you arrive after in the afternoon after 12.00 you will miss some activities.
* Please note that the food during your Galapagos-stay is basic local Ecuadorian food, if you prefer to dine outside your hotel, please let us know and we can give you a discount of USD 10 per day per person.
* At the Galapagos it is one hour earlier
* Some activities in the Amazon depend on weather conditions, such as caiman searching.
*· For the Amazon: please bring your own rain poncho from your country, otherwise buy it here in Ecuador and take it with you for the activities. In the Amazon, the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get wet.
* Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect your Camera and important documents from the rain in the Amazon. Also a headlight, since it can get very dark during the night.
* If you like to enjoy watching at Animals in the Amazon, please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
* It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
* Please note that tap water at the Galapagos might contain bacteria so we recommend to always use bottled water, even when brushing your teeth.
* Consider informing yourself with your doctor about food safety when traveling to tropical countries and precaution measurements on how to avoid food poisoning (e.g. always wash your hands always before eating, don’t eat things on the kiosks on the street, only eat peeled fruit, etc.).
* Rebecca Adventure Travel can not take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
* The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary of this Ecuador complete tour, without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be glad to help you.