11 DAYS ADVENTURE TOUR ECUADOR
A trip through mainland Ecuador Highlights is pretty impressive. The country has four drastically different regions, the Andes mountains, the Amazon jungle and the Pacific coast and of course the Galapagos Islands. Each region has its own unique fauna and flora, climate and culture. The highlights of Ecuador trips let you visit two or more regions and take you to their most beautiful places. Via this link, you can find all the Andes Mountain Tours that Rebecca Adventure Travel offers.
11 DAYS ADVENTURE TOUR ECUADOR (25ECAD11)
If you like adventure, this is going to be the perfect trip for you! Experience the real Amazone and hike in the Ecuadorian Andes. You will kayak through the Amazon and explore the beautiful surrounding and at night, the Huaorani people will tell you more about the life in the Amazon.You will discover the Yasuni National Park, which is world famous for its tremendous biodiversity and its authentic Huaorani culture, that is still very much alive. After your Amazon adventure, you will explore the Ecuadorian Andes with the most varied landscapes that you can’t find somewhere else! This is because some of the various snow peaks and volcanoes are right at the beginning of the rainforest, so the environment transition is notorious. The Ecuadorian Andes are filled with high altitude beautiful volcanoes making them unmissable in your visit.
B = Breakfast included
L = Lunch included
D = Dinner included
DAY 1 (L, D):
FLIGHT TO COCA – YASUNÍ PARK
Today you will catch a morning flight to Coca town and begin your adventure. You’ll take a scenic drive to the Tiputini River at the entrance of the YASUNI National park and while the guides will prepare your gear, you can enjoy a riverside picnic. Your first kayaking expedition will be paddling down this fantastic river surrounded by unique nature and wildlife. On the way, you will have opportunities to spot river turtles, monkeys, caimans and many species of birds like Oropendola birds, caciques, kingfishers, macaws, toucans, parrots and more.
Accommodation in Yasuní Campsite.
DAY 2 (B, L, D):
WILDLIFE ENCOUNTERS DURING KAYAKING
Early in the morning, you’ll continue your kayaking exploration, heading deeper into the jungle. Every day there’s a new adventure in the Amazon: the more you paddle, the more pristine and wild the jungle becomes with new exciting opportunities to encounter and more wildlife, such as different species of monkeys, capybara, tapir, swallows, flycatchers, herons, sandpipers and hawks. You will also take hikes to learn more about local plants and their medicinal properties. In the late afternoon, you will arrive at our campsite, located on the Tiputini Riverside. Your chef will prepare a special gourmet dinner for you tonight.
Accommodation in Yasuní Campsite.
DAY 3 (B, L, D):
ANACONDA LAGOON – FLOODED FOREST
After breakfast, you’ll start navigating by canoe down the Tiputini to reach the entrance to the Amarun – Cocha, which means Anaconda Lagoon in the native language, this is located in the most pristine forest of the area and with a little bit luck you may see the biggest and most beautiful snake of the planet, enjoy breathtaking landscapes with incredible dark and clear waters in a flooded forest. Over here you will discover the mythic piranhas, caimans, boas and more. Later you will canoe back to the campsite and after a nice break at the hammocks, you will go on a night exploration to view insects, frogs and with luck some snakes.
Accommodation in Yasuní Campsite.
DAY 4 (B, L, D):
HIKE, NATIVE COMMUNITY VISIT
In the morning, you will take a hike in the pristine forest to learn about the rich flora of the area and the medicinal plants. After lunch, you will take a canoe ride to a local Kichwa community to experience the way of life in the jungle, their stories, and traditions. You will also see how they make the traditional drink called chicha. In the afternoon you will go fishing.
Accommodation in Yasuní Campsite.
DAY 5 (B, L):
CLAY LICK – FLIGHT TO QUITO
This day will start very early because you want to get to the clay lick as early as possible. It is one of the best adventures in the jungle, visiting the Lamederos or Saladeros (parrot clay lick) where there is a big concentration of different species of parrots and macaws and few predators, surrounding the area. They come to feed on the clay from the mineral enriched ground, which helps them digest and detoxifies from the poison of their main diet. Such places are unique in the Amazon rainforest because they offer a great chance to see a wide range of Amazon wildlife species. Later, you will return to Coca and take the flight back to Quito.
Accommodation in Hotel Sierra Madre or similar
DAY 6 (B, L, D):
TREKKING IN INSILIVI
You will start your tour with a very nice car ride from Quito through the Volcano Avenue; including the Pasochoa, Rumiñahui, Illinizas, and others. After arriving in Isinlivi, you can enjoy a lunch and go for your first trekking exploration (without a guide, just self-guided).
Trekking time: 3 hours.
Accommodation in the Hostal Llullu Llama.
DAY 7 (B, L, D):
TREKKING THROUGH THE TOACHI CANYON & CHUGCHILAN
The magic Andean mountain landscapes will inspire you today on a trek along the Toachi canyon. You will hike (without a guide, just self-guided) down to the canyon of the Toachi River and then back up to the main road that will take you to Chugchilan, a small town located in the middle of the Quilotoa loop. In the afternoon you can explore the village by yourself and relax the rest of the day.
Trekking time: 4 hours.
Accommodation in the Hostal Mama Hilda.
DAY 8 (B, L, D):
CHUGCHILAN TO QUILOTOA
After breakfast, you will begin your hiking adventure of 11 km (6,9 miles) on small trails blazed by the mountain people and still used by locals to transport products and to travel across canyons to reach neighboring communities. You will hike down across impressive canyons to later climb back up to the top of the crater rim (without a guide, just self-guided), where you will be rewarded with beautiful views of the Quilotoa Lake.
Trekking time: 4,5 hours
Accommodation in the Hosteria Shalala.
DAY 9 (B):
TREKKING TO THE QUILOTOA LAGOON
Early in the morning, you will take a hike down to the base of the Quilotoa crater (without a guide, just self-guided). Following this path, you will have an awesome view of the lake and many chances to take pictures of the turquoise water-filled caldera. In the afternoon, you’ll have a transfer to the area of Riobamba city, located in the central part of the Ecuadorian highlands.
Trekking time: 2,5 hours
Accommodation in Chimborazo lodge.
* During these three hiking days your luggage is transported from the starting lodge (Llullu Llama) to the end of the trail, so you will have to take a small backpack yourself with your equipment during these days. During the hikes you won’t have a guide, you will walk with a map and the paths are self-guided.
Day 10 (B, L):
CHIMBORAZO VOLCANO & BAÑOS HOT SPRINGS
Early in the morning, you will drive with an English speaking driver through valleys and farming villages towards the Chimborazo Volcano, the highest in Ecuador with an elevation of 6310 meters above sea level, whose summit is the world farthest point from the center of the earth. On the hike to the glacier, you can spot animals such as the Andean condor, face to face, hummingbirds, and the timid wild Vicuñas. In the evening you will soak in the famous hot springs of Baños and experience the thriving nightlife of this town.
Trekking time: 2,5 hours.
Accommodation in La Floresta Hotel.
DAY 11 (B):
HIKE WATERFALL ROUTE
Baños is very well known for its spectacular location right on the foothills of the Tungurahua active volcano. This morning you will hit the road of the waterfalls. The first stop will be at the Bride’s Veil waterfall, where you will take the “Tarabita” (cable car) to get across the Pastaza River. Then you will hike down for one hour to the Pailon del Diablo waterfall, the second highest in Ecuador. In the afternoon drive back to Quito.
Trekking time: 2 hours.
- Accommodation 4 nights in a double occupancy tent or private room in the mentioned hotels or similar
- Flights Quito – Coca – Quito.
- Bilingual guide during the activities
- Transportation: transfer from Coca city to Shiripuno Bridge, motorized canoe, dugout canoe, kayaks.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (B= breakfast, L = lunch/lunchbox, D= dinner).
- All the activities and excursions as described in the itinerary.
- Gear: Expedition and inflatable kayaks, paddles, dry bags, life jackets, dugout canoe with an outboard motor, rubber boots,
- Eureka tents, air mattresses, bathroom tent, portable toilet, social kitchen.
- Equipment and Gear, hiking sticks.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English, and Spanish.
- International flights.
- Airport transfers to/from Quito airport
- Personal travel & health insurance (mandatory).
- Required immunizations (mandatory) – Yellow Fever, Hepatitis B.
- Mules at Quilotoa on the way back to the top of the crater: $ 10 (Optional).
- Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal health & travel insurance.
- Optional tips for guide.
$ 2.325 p.p. based on 4 guests or more
$ 2.480 p.p. based on 2 guests
* For children under 12 years old we can offer a discount.
This multiple day tours is a Shared Group Tour. This means you might have a different guide every day. It will be a mix of group day tours and individual private day tours. You will be with different guests on the group tours. Click here if you want more information about our different travel styles.
- Important things to bring: warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years old.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Personal attention: the team would like to get to know the guests so they can create the perfect holiday;
- Team: the enthusiastic international travel agents have lots of travel experience themselves
- Authenticity: the tours are personally selected by Rebecca and her team
- 24/7 assistance: the team can be contacted 24/7 by phone (including Whatsapp) in case of emergencies or unexpected situations (they speak English, Spanish and Dutch).
- Insurances: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all mandatory insurances for tour operators.
When you book (the moment you sign the registration form or submit a booking request through Anyguide) a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to the following terms and conditions: https://www.rebeccaadventuretravel.com/conditions/